Sleepless Nights Support Thread

I am so, so tired this morning. My little girl was up every hour. She was fussy and difficult to soothe, so DH and I got maybe an hour of sleep the entire evening.
I feel you. I'm going through this right now. :cry: He wants to eat every hour and will only sleep on me (1 handed typing at the moment). As soon as I lay him down he's crying again.

So tired right now, it started this morning and I feel like he's barely slept all day! Anyone know how long the 3 week growth spurt lasts or if this could even be it? :shrug: DH and I are planning on handing off at 4am (12am now) so I can get a couple hours of very broken sleep.

Hey Leids,

We just went through this. It lasted with us around 5 days. He was taking 6oz bottles (I was feeding him but I couldnt cope with the demand and gave up :( ) but then he stopped drinking so much so reduced it back to 4-5oz now. xx

I am so, so tired this morning. My little girl was up every hour. She was fussy and difficult to soothe, so DH and I got maybe an hour of sleep the entire evening.

I think she has her days and nights mixed up. Is that even possible at 2 weeks old? She's a champion sleeper during the day and will sleep for 3 hours straight, but in the evenings all bets are off.

I feel you - last night was very testing, no matter what we did, feeding, changing, soothing him wasn't doing anything. Eventually he dozed off, but it took nearly five hours on and off to get to that point, then he was awake 3 hours later.

I think the worst part for me was the feeling of uncontralability - I really didn't know what to do to make things better for him at points, and he was getting more stressed. He would doze off, then a few minutes later started making noises, then would then start crying, it was a vicious circle of trying to comfort him, etc, etc. I'm so nervous already thinking about tonight...:wacko:

I feel you - last night was very testing, no matter what we did, feeding, changing, soothing him wasn't doing anything. Eventually he dozed off, but it took nearly five hours on and off to get to that point, then he was awake 3 hours later.

I think the worst part for me was the feeling of uncontralability - I really didn't know what to do to make things better for him at points, and he was getting more stressed. He would doze off, then a few minutes later started making noises, then would then start crying, it was a vicious circle of trying to comfort him, etc, etc. I'm so nervous already thinking about tonight...:wacko:

Wow, you sound very similar to me! Our LO's are only a few days apart too! But yeah, the whole dozing off then a few mins later noises. Its soo annoying and that feeling that you're not in control any more is horrible, worse when you're sat up wanting to just be asleep cos you know you need it! :(

Hope you have a better night tonight xx

Have you tried the SwaddlePod or Woombie? They are sold on Amazon and have great reviews. A lot of people say they work great to KEEP baby asleep because it feels like the womb. Good luck.

Have you tried the SwaddlePod or Woombie? They are sold on Amazon and have great reviews. A lot of people say they work great to KEEP baby asleep because it feels like the womb. Good luck.

I would recommend these, swaddle pod helped our lo sleep longer! She was waking herself up every couple of hours until we tried this- now she sleeps hours longer !

What about sleepless days?? My LO took a nap at around 9 this morning (40 minutes on me and then an hour in her rocker) and it's now 6pm and we haven't been able to get her down for another sleep since. We've tried everything - white noise, shushing, rocking, swaddling, pacifiers, even a bath. She's gone into a light sleep a few times but after 15 minutes she wakes up and starts screaming. My OH is totally fed up and I just want to cry.

I'm dreading how tonight is going to be with how overtired and miserable she is :nope:

right now mine is nursing almost every hour and won't sleep anywhere but on me or DH.

she is 1 1/2 weeks old......i am already so exhausted i weep every night

right now mine is nursing almost every hour and won't sleep anywhere but on me or DH.

:hugs: Hang in there. My LO was the same way as far as only wanting to sleep on people at first, but gradually we've been able to put her down (only when she's really sound asleep though, and only in her car seat or rocker - still progress though!). Anyway, you're not alone.

:hugs: Hang in there. My LO was the same way as far as only wanting to sleep on people at first, but gradually we've been able to put her down (only when she's really sound asleep though, and only in her car seat or rocker - still progress though!). Anyway, you're not alone.

glad to hear it can change....I get so nervous sleeping with her

Hi
My LO had become a good sleeper but after we've started weaning she started waking at 4:30 most mornings which I put down to her teething but now she's staying awake longer at night and will only fall asleep when being held and then will wake crying if you try and put her down. Have to hold her for ages to make sure she's well and truely asleep before making a move. Feels like the beginning all over again.

Anyone else had similar experiences?

Have any of you tried the Woombie? My OH has forbidden me from buying any more sleep aid products but I am desperate, lol. I'm thinking the Woombie might work better for our LO since she'd be able to move her hands around a little. Probably just another waste of $30 though...

I have tried it cause my older twin especially disliked being swaddled so much (though he sleeps SOOO much better when he is!). I am honestly not sure that it is worth spending the money. If you have swaddled her and that didn't work for her, it will most likely not work with the woombie either. Dominic still gets frustrated and strains against it even though he can move his hands. He has to be really tired to accept the woombie but then sleeps very sweetly cause his moro reflexes do not wake him all the time. But then that is so in the swaddle blanket we have too. Good luck, whatever you decide xxx

I have tried it cause my older twin especially disliked being swaddled so much (though he sleeps SOOO much better when he is!). I am honestly not sure that it is worth spending the money. If you have swaddled her and that didn't work for her, it will most likely not work with the woombie either. Dominic still gets frustrated and strains against it even though he can move his hands. He has to be really tired to accept the woombie but then sleeps very sweetly cause his moro reflexes do not wake him all the time. But then that is so in the swaddle blanket we have too. Good luck, whatever you decide xxx

Thanks for the response, your experience is exactly what I was worried about. She'll tolerate swaddling occasionally and she definitely does sleep better during those times, but usually she just gets really frustrated about having her arms pinned down and won't go to sleep at all.

The good news is that she's asleep right now and has been for 2 hours!! :happydance: And it's all thanks to this, which I have cranked up to full volume on my computer right now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j74Z3vcWgU

Have any of you tried the Woombie? My OH has forbidden me from buying any more sleep aid products but I am desperate, lol. I'm thinking the Woombie might work better for our LO since she'd be able to move her hands around a little. Probably just another waste of $30 though...

I bought the woombie and my son didn't like it. He would try to break out of it and get his arms free and get IRATE when he couldn't get his arms out.

UGH I feel like my child is regressing. My DH was just up with her for a few hours so I could get some sleep and he said she was up every 30 minutes. Is this normal at 3 weeks? I'm concerned she has tummy problems. I just can't imagine I'll ever have a baby that sleeps 3 hours at a time, which sounds like bliss right now.

1 week of teething, then 1 week for the 6 month growth spurt, then 2 weeks of stuffy nose & a cold..

NOW we are back to habitual 12x + night awakenings! UGH!

1 week of teething, then 1 week for the 6 month growth spurt, then 2 weeks of stuffy nose & a cold..

NOW we are back to habitual 12x + night awakenings! UGH!

I know that feeling!!! My DD was illover the Jubliee weekend, teething(last tooth whch STILL hasn't come through:growlmad:),oral thrush, viral infection and te snuffles. She is all better now(apart from tooth still hasn't popped)and last night she actuall slept through the night with only 1 couple of mins whinge at about 1am:happydance::happydance: I know she isn't hungry or in pain so, I ignored her Fri night and cried on/of for 1.5hrs!!!! 2am-3:30am!!!!!! Sat night she a few 5min whinges spreadout through the night and, last night only the 1:happydance: She is taking over an hour to go to sleep as, it is quite warm in her room 25 celcis. FX she continues and sleeps through tonight and I really hope you get your LO sleeping better again soon.

Hi
My LO had become a good sleeper but after we've started weaning she started waking at 4:30 most mornings which I put down to her teething but now she's staying awake longer at night and will only fall asleep when being held and then will wake crying if you try and put her down. Have to hold her for ages to make sure she's well and truely asleep before making a move. Feels like the beginning all over again.

Anyone else had similar experiences?

Have you tried teaching her to self-settle? We taught our son and he has been sleeping through the night without sleep aids from 11 weeks old. Let me know if you want me to outline the method we used. I just need to know how old she is and if she is standing in her cot or not.

My son is 7 months in a few days and his not sleeping through the night. Sometimes he will wake up once but then he could wake up 3, 3, 4 times in night. I would love a full nighs sleep

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->