Sleepless Nights Support Thread

I swaddled DD for around 7 months? She weaned from the swaddle absolutely fine when she was ready in her own time.

I swaddle DS too, he's swaddled in a cellular blanket and I tuck a thick fleecey blanket over him too as he's a cool baby. He sleeps much better when he's warm (but not overheated).

We are still having a horrific time. DS just has a sore windy tummy after his feeds, he's so fussy and refuses his feeds during the day which means he's hungry every 2hours all night. It takes 1 hour to feed and wind then at least another 30mins for the sore, windy tummy to pass. He only settles for 20mins between each feed and I usually haven't fallen asleep by the time he wakes for the next one.

I couldn't cope last night and asked OH to help me at 3am (he brings LO through to bedroom just before midnight and sleeps on the couch). It's not worth it though :-( He brought him back at 6am, snapping at me that he hadn't settled all night and he hadn't had any sleep and went back to bed until lunchtime. And he's been in a horrendous mood ever since, I suggested moving back to nearer my parents for a bit of help (we needed my Mums help with DD as she was a horrific colic/reflux baby who never slept until 5 months+) and he told me he wanted to split up and that I should go. And he's suddenly decided he's going back to work tomorrow too even though he promised to take the rest of the week off to help with the sleep. I'm not sure what's wrong with him, he was horrible to me in pregnancy too.

:cry::cry::cry:My Ronnie is nearly 4 months and has always been a bad sleeper, he fights me every night crying and pulling away from me, when I do eventually get him to sleep he will either wake up as I put him down or not long afterwards. I have tried everything to get him sleeping including leaving him to cry for a minute or two but all that did was leave me in tears with him. It's not just at night time either I have the same battle with naps during the day.

Oh BNB give me strength!

Decided to end cosleeping tonight because LO can crawl now and nearly toppled out of bed.

Bought the slumber bear from Prince Lionheart (the one that makes womb noises) and cold turkey am doing extinction CIO.

Only 5 min in and I feel terrible and want to cry.. but have to be strong!!!

EDIT: my LO self soothes in our bed and during the night, so only difference is I am making her do it in the crib thats why I have chosen CIO... I know she is just angry shes in the crib not unable to put herself to sleep..

Last night we were up hourly with my 8 week old who had previously been doing 3/4 hour stretches. She normally wakes only to feed and then promptly goes back to sleep.

Perhaps it's because she's more aware now, but she woke multiple times that weren't a result of hunger. I think she wanted company! DH and I would both successfully rock her to sleep, but as soon as we put her down she would wake up and fuss! I didn't think a baby this age was capable of wanting to socialize with mom and dad at night, but is that what's going on here?

Any tips? I'm absolutely shattered from sleep deprivation as it is and this is of course making it worse.

Last night we were up hourly with my 8 week old who had previously been doing 3/4 hour stretches. She normally wakes only to feed and then promptly goes back to sleep.

Perhaps it's because she's more aware now, but she woke multiple times that weren't a result of hunger. I think she wanted company! DH and I would both successfully rock her to sleep, but as soon as we put her down she would wake up and fuss! I didn't think a baby this age was capable of wanting to socialize with mom and dad at night, but is that what's going on here?

Any tips? I'm absolutely shattered from sleep deprivation as it is and this is of course making it worse.

My near 5wk old is very similar to your LO. She fights sleep sooooooooooooo much it is untrue!!! Even in our arms you see her close her eyes and then force them wide open and roll her eyes she is sooooooo tired but the little minx fights it with all that she has!!! She also feeds 2hr-4hrs during the day and goes 4hrs-5hrs of night not that she sleeps that long in her cot all the time!!! Sometimes she will self settle and others you need to practicly get off to sleep before you can put her down. Coupled with DD1 cutting her last tooth which is being a bitch and having just got over a cold it is disturbed nights all round!!! Oh yes and DD2 also has had DD1's cold coupled with her being a very snuffly baby from the moment she was born is also fun.............not!!!Lol DH has DD1 and I get DD2 all I can say is surely it can only get better?:haha::haha:

My near 5wk old is very similar to your LO. She fights sleep sooooooooooooo much it is untrue!!! Even in our arms you see her close her eyes and then force them wide open and roll her eyes she is sooooooo tired but the little minx fights it with all that she has!!! She also feeds 2hr-4hrs during the day and goes 4hrs-5hrs of night not that she sleeps that long in her cot all the time!!! Sometimes she will self settle and others you need to practicly get off to sleep before you can put her down. Coupled with DD1 cutting her last tooth which is being a bitch and having just got over a cold it is disturbed nights all round!!! Oh yes and DD2 also has had DD1's cold coupled with her being a very snuffly baby from the moment she was born is also fun.............not!!!Lol DH has DD1 and I get DD2 all I can say is surely it can only get better?:haha::haha:

So frustrating!

I have a 2 week little feeding monster right now....I never knew the body can go on this little sleep

It is amazing how we can function on so little sleep! Last night I got 2.5hrs sleep then 1.5hrs sleep then 1hr and that is really good for us:haha::haha: If DH mentions a 3rd baby I think I will :gun::gun: him

i'm quite fortunate so i thought i'd share what i do.
my LO stays awake till 11pm and at half 10ish i give him a warm bath and then a bottle - he sleeps from 11pm till 5pm.
i told my cousin this who had problems with her LO sleeping and it worked for her aswell =) a warm bath late at night really helps settle them!

when my 2yr old DD was a baby the only way she would sleep was in bed with us and if we then put her in her bed she would wake up and it would then take us ages to settle her again!! by time she was 10 months, i put a mattress (for a big bed) on the floor and she slept all night without us, so when she was 14months we bought her a bed and was glad tohave my bed back to our self's

my DS he is 9months and he wakes up every 3-4hrs BUT sleeps in his own bed
after a feed he is straight back to sleep
he will only sleep a full night if he is ill

we always said we will have ONE more after we are married (we have 3girls + 1boy) 1is my step child

I think you ladies will appreciate this... I had a friend complain to me yesterday that she was "tired" from getting too much sleep (10 hours) :haha:

She wanted to provoke your wrath and she likes living dangerously lol

I really wish i could have 1 nite without waking up. my son is 8 months and his probably only slept through the night 6 times

well here we go again. another sleepless night :-(

DS feeds 2hourly until 3am then doesnt settle the rest of night at all

i actually find the more sleep i get the more tired i am since i have had kids lol x

I am coming to the end of my tether. Nothing helps with Dominic. He wakes every hour at night still. He takes 2+ hours to finally sleep and then sleeps 2 hours and then wakes every hour till 8 in the morning. So yes shoot me but I gave him half a tbs of baby cereal with his last bottle hoping, praying that this would give him and me a few hours uninterrupted sleep. Nope! No effing difference whatso ever! Yeah yeah serves me right cause I am a bad mother giving him that stuff at his age. I know it and I don't want to hear it. I don't know how to cope anymore. OH isn't working at the moment and we take alternate nights with the boys but even though I get to sleep every other night, I am still exhausted. This morning when I woke up OH took a nap and I spent the time fighting Dominic to make him nap. He is tired, he rubs his eyes, he cries etc but will he sleep? Hell, no! Well he would if I rocked him while he sleeps of course. But we are trying to break him off that habit cause that is why he wakes at night, cause we aren't under him rocking him. Ah well, I want to cry and die.

So in 6 months I haven't had a good night's sleep.

My girl sleeps through most nights (since 2 weeks ago) but as soon as my boy wakes I have to run. We don't have a 3rd bedroom so I cannot separate them. and if I don't run Finn will wake Ella. OH doesn't wake up when the monitor goes off. I haven't had a night off since I don't know... 28 weeks pregnant. I didn't sleep well in the 3rd trimester and then I breastfed.

We had once good month from 12weeks - nearly 18 weeks my twins only woke once a night. they slept from 8pm-3/4am and then til about 6/7am. that was great but after that it just got worse again.

I am knackered but manage, I just want to know that they will both sleep through at some point soon!!!

My longest stretch of sleep in the last 6 months was 5 hours... ONCE!!! I usually only get 2-3 hour stretches and sometimes Finn wakes me 6-10 times in one night. which is killing me. last night was one of the worst so far.

Angel - you are NOT a bad mum for giving him cereal in his bottle - I tried it as well. It didn't work. nothing worked so far. Trying water now instead of milk in the middle of the night. And I will stop dreamfeeding at 10pm as it doesn't help. I will go to bed at 9pm again.

sorry that I had to rant... but you all understand surely!

Thank you Bumblebee it does make me feel slightly better knowing that others are going through the same thing and that I am not the only mum desperate enough to try cereal in the bottle. But it also makes me kinda more desperate cause that means there might not be light at the end of the tunnel or that it might not get better in a month or two :( Though I must say that to me it seems you have it a lot worse than I cause I at least have a helpful OH. You poor thing having to really do it ALL on your own. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->