Sleepless Nights Support Thread

my baby has been under the 4 month sleep regression for 2 weeks, she gets up 4-5 times a night. I miss my 9:30-3am then 3-6am baby. when will it end?

i'm also single so no help

My Son is nearly 1 and he still hasnt done a sleep right through :(
He goes to bed at 7.15 and wakes 3 sometimes 4 times before i go to bed then twice sometimes 3 times throughout the night! :( he then wakes at 8/9am then start the day. the best hes done is wake once through the night, thats without the times when im up!

Feel like im going around in circles!

Any tips?? :sleep:

Jenn the 4 month sleep regression happens because babies sleep cycles change and of they dont know how to self settle they rely on props like dummies, cuddling, rocking, singing etc. to get them back over to sleep as they dont know any other way. LO will settle down soon by learning how to put himself back to sleep in the night. You can speed things along by gentle sleep training - baby whosperer isbgreat.

A is getting better. He is horrific if his reflux has flared but 50% of the time he now sleeps from 9pm - 12am then 12.30-3.00am then 3.30-6am which is amazing compared to a few weeks ago. I cannot wait for the time when I can put him down at 9pm and he will only wake once - what a dream xxx

my son is 5 weeks and sleep goes like this
bedtime 8pm sleeps till 10pm
Feed @ 10pm
Sleeps 10:30-2:00am
Feed 2am-2:15
Sleeps 2:15am-4:430am
Feed 4:30-4:45
Sleeps 4:45-5:30am
( i got into a habit of pulling him into bed with us at this time and feeding)
He stirs till hubby gets up at 6:45am ish.

what do u pros think???

any tips to help him sleep more soundly 4-7am ish??

Feed @ 10pm

what do u pros think???

That sounds very normal to me! My LO sometimes has a hard time settling after 4am (DH and I call it "the four o'clock shuffle"!). I think babies enter a very light sleep cycle between 4am and 6am, so the restlessness is common. I wish I had an answer for you, hopefully someone else will weigh in.

no thank you that is just good to know it is normal! and that must be it case he tries to settle and will drift off for 15-20min then coo and what not. i always thought it was cause he wasnt filling up from his last feed and was going to try giving a bit of formula at that point.....but dont want to mix the breast and bottle too much! thank you!

Feed @ 10pm

what do u pros think???

That sounds very normal to me! My LO sometimes has a hard time settling after 4am (DH and I call it "the four o'clock shuffle"!). I think babies enter a very light sleep cycle between 4am and 6am, so the restlessness is common. I wish I had an answer for you, hopefully someone else will weigh in.

no thank you that is just good to know it is normal! and that must be it case he tries to settle and will drift off for 15-20min then coo and what not. i always thought it was cause he wasnt filling up from his last feed and was going to try giving a bit of formula at that point.....but dont want to mix the breast and bottle too much! thank you!

Feed @ 10pm

what do u pros think???

Oh yeah, totally normal! He will let you know if he is hungry. It's very rare that a woman doesn't have enough breast milk to satisfy her baby, so it's likely he's filling up fine on what you have. :hugs:

Anyone else co-sleeping with a baby who sleeps well but moves a lot? My baby boy is keeping me up because of his movements. It's giving me anxiety and I can't fall asleep. I've been getting 3 hours a night. Any advice or experience?

Anyone else co-sleeping with a baby who sleeps well but moves a lot? My baby boy is keeping me up because of his movements. It's giving me anxiety and I can't fall asleep. I've been getting 3 hours a night. Any advice or experience?

I had to move Charlotte in her own room as early as 6 weeks. She was SO LOUD and I couldn't sleep. We were both sleeping terribly... me because of the noise and LO because I mistook her sleep noises as awakenings and picked her up, thus waking her up for real! We both slept better in our own spaces. If you're comfortable giving up co-sleeping, you may want to try LO in their own room.

I cosleep because it is the ONLY way my LO will sleep at all. She can get VERY wiggly at night though. Between that and my constant concern that her face will end up smothered, I do not get into a deep sleep. I sleep the best when my husband takes her for a few hours in the morning. I would love to transition her into her own space, but she still fights it (even with a cosleeper attached to the bed).

BTW...my LO wakes up a 4, usually gassy, and does not go back to sleep for a while. 4am must be a popular wake up time!

https://i47.tinypic.com/167nh48.jpg

Thought everyone might appreciate this

Ok I'm here too. I recognize some of you ladies from 2nd and 3rd trimesters.

Sofia is now 9 days old and she bf's very well. But she wakes up more often during the night to bf or be fussy than she does during the day :/ like at night she's up every 1.5 hours and like some ladies said she also has this thing about not going back to sleep at 4 am.

DH and I are now sleeping in turn and Sofia has moved into the bed as she hates her bassinet. Do you ladies have any suggestions how to put her back in the basinette? She gets so fussy in there

Shadowy Lady- Wish I had the answer....I have the same problem! Would love to hear any 'magic' tips!!!

When I'd be feeding Sophie when she was teeny tiny I used to have the blanket she slept with under my top. That way it would get nice and warm but also smell of me.

This seemed to work with my girlie :).

Shadowy lady is a basinette like a basket? We call it moses basket. If so then both my boys hated it and would not sleep there. Try a crib, a mini cot, DS2 loves it and sleeps in there much more now x

Shadowy lady is a basinette like a basket? We call it moses basket. If so then both my boys hated it and would not sleep there. Try a crib, a mini cot, DS2 loves it and sleeps in there much more now x

well not quite it's like a "mini-cot" I think? it's right next to our bed but I think she hates it coz it's kinda deep and she may feel like she's been dropped in there :wacko: I'm gonna try putting her back in there in 3 days, coz she naps in it during the day just hates it at night

OK Sounds like a mini cot. My DS also would nap in there in the day but not at night. What I did to get him in it was when he woke for a feed I physically dragged myself out of bed, went downstairs, put the tv on, sat up and fed him. Then I came back and returned him to his cot. The first few nights he cried almost the whole night. I lay at the foot of our bed with my hand in there for him to suck and just soothed him. It took every ounce of energy and willpower I had not to bring him into our bed as I knew thats all I needed to do to stop the crying and go to sleep. I had to get up and go downstairs with the tv so I didnt fall asleep whilst feeding him, which is what happened in bed everytime. Consequently, he got nice and warm snuggled next to Mummy so its no wonder he kicked off everytime he went in there! It was tough, but over quickly and he has slept through the night from 3 months old, never has a problem going to bed or sleeping in his cot. In fact, he loves it in there so much he sometimes asks to go to bed now! This worked for us. So far, I have not been successful at this method with DS2 as Im so exhausted I have lost the willpower and energy to get up in the night. I used to sleep in the day when DS1 slept to catch up but I cant guarantee a sleep now so its much harder!!

We let him move, talk, and make noises unless he starts to cry (which is rare - and I do not believe in 'crying it out') or when he gets really loud, which usually indicates that he is wedged in a corner of his crib (he typically does not cry - just gets louder :)). He almost always settles down on his own.

When we do reposition him, we put on his womb sounds bear and his soother (Rainforest Soother), which put him right back out if he has actually awoken.

My son is so loud that I have to turn the monitor down to 1.5 (and I can still hear him quite clearly) or else I don't get a wink of sleep at night. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->