Sleepless Nights Support Thread

Would like to join in on this thread. I have a two week old so am having sleepless days and nights!

Such a difficult time! Your body is adjusting to having very little sleep. Hang in there... it does get better! And you learn to cope :)

Don't know what's been up with lo lately. She was up all night screaming, arching her back. Didn't want cuddles, didn't want to be put down. She just wanted me to hold her up in the air. I'm not doing that all night lol

MommaAlexis - my LO used to scream, arch her back and want to be held upright and it was due to acid reflux where her stomach acids were coming up her gullet causing pain, particularly when lying down. Might be worth asking your baby doctor to rule this out as it is quite common and can be treated with medicine. Might not be this at all but thought I had better mention in case it helps you.

I gave her Ovol her last two feeds and she passed right out. Not sure if it's because she tired herself out or the meds. Either way, ahhh silence

so back to report my LO is getting into a better night time schedule :) she does a 4.5-5 hour sleep stretch, wakes for a feed, sleeps for another 3 hours and then wakes up again before napping for the final 1.5 hour.

I guess they do all settle into a schedule at some point. Mine started this trend at 4 weeks. I hope that she keeps up the good work.

Ovol got her to sleep all night. She was still screaming all day cause I can't give her more until tonight but hey, if she's awake all day she'll sleep at night with the meds again. Poopy trapped gas. Poor thing.

so back to report my LO is getting into a better night time schedule :) she does a 4.5-5 hour sleep stretch, wakes for a feed, sleeps for another 3 hours and then wakes up again before napping for the final 1.5 hour.

I guess they do all settle into a schedule at some point. Mine started this trend at 4 weeks. I hope that she keeps up the good work.

Good for you! If she keeps up that schedule then count your lucky stars! My LO is 11 weeks and has yet to sleep a 4.5 hour stretch. :sleep:

Would like to join in on this thread. I have a two week old so am having sleepless days and nights!

Me too - lovely age isn't it lol!

My toddler has started having disturbed sleep too but hubs is taking care of that lol x

Good for you! If she keeps up that schedule then count your lucky stars! My LO is 11 weeks and has yet to sleep a 4.5 hour stretch. :sleep:

My LO woke every 2 hours until about 12 weeks old and then magically started doing 7 hour stretches. It WILL happen for you!

My LO woke every 2 hours until about 12 weeks old and then magically started doing 7 hour stretches. It WILL happen for you!

thanks guys! Last night she slept from 9:45 pm to 3:30 am before waking for her first feed :thumbup: she's getting there i guess

thanks guys! Last night she slept from 9:45 pm to 3:30 am before waking for her first feed :thumbup: she's getting there i guess

That is AMAZING for her age :happydance:

Amelia has slept a lot today, have a feeling she's going to be very awake tonight. And I've had no chance for naps. Oh dear.

Day uhh.. 11? Of screaming. Getting better, she's not AS frantic all the time, sometimes she's just whining a lot.

It took a LOT to settle Amelia tonight. And now, at 3am she started stirring and rooting for a feed so I went downstairs to make her bottle, came back up and she's gone back to sleep!! I can't settle now til she feeds. Sigh.

My LO has continued her 5h stretch every night for the last 2 weeks. She's still sleeping in the co-sleeper but I'm thinking of moving her to her nursery across the hall from our room (like 4 steps away, lol). She grunts when she sleeps sometimes especially after her 3 am feed so DH and I don't sleep that well

Do you guys think that's smart or is it too early?

My LO has continued her 5h stretch every night for the last 2 weeks. She's still sleeping in the co-sleeper but I'm thinking of moving her to her nursery across the hall from our room (like 4 steps away, lol). She grunts when she sleeps sometimes especially after her 3 am feed so DH and I don't sleep that well

Do you guys think that's smart or is it too early?

Definitely!! Our Lo has slept soooo much better in his own room. He's been in it for about 4 weeks now & we no longer need to do a dream feed & he often sleeps through. He was about 10 weeks when we put him in it for the whole night (long story but it was kindof accidental leaving him to sleep all night in there!!) but a friend put her daughter in at 6 weeks & found it great as well so go for it. You can always bring her back in if you or her don't like it.

Need help =/ my babygirl still will not sleep through the night!!! Any suggestions???? Please ladies?!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->