Sleepless Nights Support Thread

I am gently beginning the transition from co-sleeping to my LO sleeping in her own cot. (Dad has been on the sofa for too long. He works super early so I do all the night shifts. Have had some success so far. She will now sleep for the first hour after her bedtime bath with no fuss. Managed to put her down a few more times until 11pm lastnight and then I caved as was so tired. Will continue the good fight tonight. Am attempting the no tears way to get her to sleep on her own. Any more advice for me? Wish a speedy transition for me please! (LO is 12 weeks on wednesday)

I am gently beginning the transition from co-sleeping to my LO sleeping in her own cot. (Dad has been on the sofa for too long. He works super early so I do all the night shifts. Have had some success so far. She will now sleep for the first hour after her bedtime bath with no fuss. Managed to put her down a few more times until 11pm lastnight and then I caved as was so tired. Will continue the good fight tonight. Am attempting the no tears way to get her to sleep on her own. Any more advice for me? Wish a speedy transition for me please! (LO is 12 weeks on wednesday)

Good luck! We just made the transition from bassinet to crib and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. A few bad nights, but they phased out quickly :)

Someone is bumping around under the house. I sure hope he's friendly...

Someone is bumping around under the house. I sure hope he's friendly...

i sue hope he's friendly too.

my 3.5mth old is being a mare:haha: on Saturday night I had had enough of sleeping on the blowup airbed in my dinning room with LO in her crib so, we moved back upstairs:nope: she still has the snuffles from her cold(plus she was born snuffly), teething and sleep regression has started early too. I also tried getting hr used to a sleeping bag as, (being swaddled at the mo using an original swaddle pod thing)and as she turning on her side when on her front and back I know she is getting ready to roll over but, again:nope: wont have it so not only is she back to being swaddled but, at 3am this morning I caved and put her in bed in betwen me and DH and she slept fine until 6:30! today my parents are down an staying the night like the do every week now to have LO to help us out abit what is the betting she will have a super night like she always does for them? looks like I will be back to sleeping downstairs with LO from tomorrow night again.

So i moved LO to her crib last night. I really wanted to sleep next to my DH again and with the co-sleeper in between us, it was impossible. Plus she's so grunty at night it's hard to sleep.

She actually slept better in her own crib :D I mean she did wake up still 3 times (asleep at 8:30 pm, woke up at 1:00 am, 3:30 am and 6:00 am, then up for the day at 8:00 am), but she was easier to put down after each feed.

I woke up about 6 times to check on the monitor but she was fine. I think tonight I'd relax and sleep better. Can't wait till she drops one of her night feedings, though not sure when that will happen :/

well last night was just awful. she slept 8.20-8.40, 9.00-10.20 and 11-11.30 in the cot. I tried to put her down again but it didnt work, so took her to bed with me and she was then wide awake and smiling at me wanting to play and didnt give in to sleep again until 5.30! God help me I want to get her sleeping exclusively in her cot but I have only had a couple of hours sleep and not sure if I am just fighting a losing battle. Her cot is in my bedroom btw. Can anyone give me some reassurance, motivation or advice to keep going please? She is 12 weeks old and has been co sleeping and breastfeeding pretty much since day one.

well last night was just awful. she slept 8.20-8.40, 9.00-10.20 and 11-11.30 in the cot. I tried to put her down again but it didnt work, so took her to bed with me and she was then wide awake and smiling at me wanting to play and didnt give in to sleep again until 5.30! God help me I want to get her sleeping exclusively in her cot but I have only had a couple of hours sleep and not sure if I am just fighting a losing battle. Her cot is in my bedroom btw. Can anyone give me some reassurance, motivation or advice to keep going please? She is 12 weeks old and has been co sleeping and breastfeeding pretty much since day one.

I am in the same situation...I have no advice, but you are not alone!! My LO use to get a 2-3 hour stretch in her cot before coming into bed with me (fought me after the first stretch) but she is now regressing. My LO is 3 months tomorrow and I want her in her own bed as well. Last night was terrible!
7:45-8:05 (in cosleeper then wakes fussing)
8:10-8:20 (tried cosleeper again)
8:40-8:55 (cosleeper again)- Finally gave up because of the last few days/nights I was too tired to do this all night long.
So in bed with me:
9-10:45
11-1:44- gas woke her up
2-3:10
3:30-4:15 (wiggling and jiggling most of the time)
4:20-5:00 (had to nurse the whole time to keep her semi-sleeping)
Then she was awake. And every time she woke during the night I had to nurse her back to sleep- so 9+ times (sometimes nursed to keep her asleep).

Ugh- and now it is 7am and she is napping in my arms with my breast in her mouth since I cannot put her down for naps.

I am exhausted and only have a month and a half until I have to go back to work.

I wrote more than I planned on, I originally was just going to tell you that you are not alone!!!! lol I could use motivation too!

Except I just saw you were up with her since 11:15??? Ouch- she is capable of being up for that many hours with no sleep?? My dd did that as a newborn (first 3 weeks of her life) and then it dwindled down to sometimes one to two hours of wakefulness during hte night. Does she have day and nights confused?

Shadowy Lady - I'm glad you had a better night fingers crossed it continues for you

Anne.hopefull - have you tried warming LO's cot before you put her in? I am going to try this with my LO tonight as, she is not sleeping as well as she was an I will try anything to get her to sleep better whilst riding out the 4mth sleep regression. Think we both need lots of luck and dogged determination.

yes i tried warming cot....it is part of our bedtime routine. i bought her a new sleeping bag today and am going to start whole routine earlier. maybe bath at 6.30.

lysh - i so wish we had bought a co sleeper cot now instead of the big one.....at least partner could sleep with us then. Fingers crossed we will both get a calmer night tonight.

anne-I like the cosleeper- I would like it even more if dd would sleep in it!!! lol
I hope we have a more restful night as well!

My LO Will only sleep if I'm laying ON TOP of her. I'm sure CAS would have a hay day with that one.

well last night we had some sucess. LO was asleep at 7pm and went into her crib, she woke up at 8pm DH brought her into the front room for 20mins, he then passed her to me I offered her more bottle she told me where to poke it(she had had 27ozs in total by then)she was asleep in my arms by 20:25 and I put her in her crib at 20:35 she stayed asleep until 10pmish where I was so tired from the night and day before I caved an put her on the bed next to me where she and I slept soundly until 3am, she took 7.5oz feed and I changed a very wet nappy she was sound asleep in my arms by 3:25 and in her crib at 3:40 where she still is now. I've had to put the dummy back in twice and, I went into the front room at 6am. Oh looks like she is stirring for next feed best get that ready. My plan for tonight is she is to spend it in her crib and not in bed with Mummy for the first part.

Hope the rest of you had better nights.

How did everyone's nights go? Ours was a lot better....she managed 8-8.30, 9-10.20 and then 10.45-12.00 in her cot and I actually slept for those times! I think the Prince Lionheart Slumberbear I bought really helps! it has a recording of in utero sounds and a motion and sound sensor....apart from when she was waking up hungry it kind of lulled her back to sleep, where I would have been jumping up before to check on her. After the midnight feed I took her into my bed where she was awake for a bit and then we both slept and fed on and off until about 9ish. Feel so much more human today and as if I can carry on with this transition. If every night gets a little better I may even get a snuggle from my OH in a week or so, haha

Glad to hear it's going better Ann! That's encouraging.

I've posted this in baby club before, but no one can seem to figure it out. Maybe you ladies can help? Charlotte is coming out of the 4 month sleep regression and doing pretty well. She goes down between 6pm and 7pm and wakes around midnight and 3am for feeds. BUT, after 4am, she seems so restless. She'll often cry and fuss and I'll have to go into her room multiple times to settle her. She's not hungry, cold or wet. Any ideas why this is? If I can get her back to sleep, she'll sleep soundly from 5:30am to 6:30am or 7am, so I don't think she's ready to get up.

Noelle, would putting her down to sleep around 8 or 9 perhaps push the time forward to waking at 5 or 6 am instead?

My night was only better in that we almost had a 3 hour stretch between 8 and 11. I had one more hour and a half stretch with her, then the rest of the night was 30-50 minute stretches. :sleep: I am starting to obsess about coffee- it is all I want. (thanks to baby having reflux I can't :nope:)

Thanks Vintage! I've tried that, but she's a hot mess by 7pm. I also don't think she's truly waking at that time for morning - just restless. She will sleep soundly once she's back to sleep, usually until 6:30am or so.

we had a weird night, good and bad news. Sofia slept at 9 pm and stayed asleep till 2:45 am when she woke up for a feed and slept again at 3:10 am. But at around 4 am our carbon monoxide alarm went off so DH and I woke up. We weren't sure if it was the battery or not though coz it was one alarm and not continuous. DH ended up opening the windows in each room a crack (it's cold here now at night) and saying awake to work. Sofia slept through all this till she woke up at 6:30 am for another feed and then stayed asleep after that till 9:30 am.

DH is getting a new Carbon Monoxide sensor today and we've called a place to come inspect our furnace. We're not taking any chances with this. But either way Sofia is sleeping way better. If it wasn't for the alarm we would have all spelt pretty well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->