Sleepless Nights Support Thread

arrggghhh. this little guy just doesn't like to actually STAY asleep!! last night he finally fell asleep and stayed that way at 3:30am. it's 1am right now and hes still wide awake :cry: i need sleep pllleeeeeeease! :sleep:

Can someone tell my kids that 4 am is an unreasonable time to wake up?! Not only is DD wide awake but DS tried to wake up and threw a fit when I forced him back to bed! :wacko:

Payback will come when they are teens! I'm thinking vacuuming at 3 am!

Last night was a little tough. Millie would fall asleep just fine, but as soon as I tried to lay her down in her cot, she woke up and started crying again. Even though I always wait until she is in deep sleep to put her down, she still knows..

Lots of coffee today.

What helped us a little was routine. Before bed time every night we would nurse her, change her diaper, lay her in her cribgive her her binky, lay her GiGi (Gentle Giraffe stuffed animal) in her arms, turn on her mobile, tuck her in and turn off the lights. When she would wake up in the middle of the night we would do it all again (Even if she wasn't wet) the routine helped her to know that it was bedtime.

Also, everyone has their own routine. Please do not tell me I should give her her stuffed animal or a blanket, etc. This is how my daughter sleeps and she has never had an issue.

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/318915_10151471874950558_1392264361_n.jpg

I have been up since 5.00am, for some reason my 7 month old son will not sleep, i have tried everything so have ended up just getting up - no point lying in bed if im not getting any sleep! To make things worse we need to visit hubby parents today so i wont get any peace at all!

He has been sleeping fine until the clocks went back - who the hell was it that said it is an extra hour in bed? not when you have kids it isnt! I am so shattered....

Anyone elses little cherubs affected by the clock going back?

I have been up since 5.00am, for some reason my 7 month old son will not sleep, i have tried everything so have ended up just getting up - no point lying in bed if im not getting any sleep! To make things worse we need to visit hubby parents today so i wont get any peace at all!

He has been sleeping fine until the clocks went back - who the hell was it that said it is an extra hour in bed? not when you have kids it isnt! I am so shattered....

Anyone elses little cherubs affected by the clock going back?

Our clocks turn back this weekend....I am DREADING it!!

The word "SLEEP" is a bad word in our house at the moment, because im not getting any! :cry:

I'm hardly sleeping. This last week has been a nightmare... I had a bought of insomnia from Saturday 11am through till Tuesday night. I just couldn't sleep for the life of me and thought I would die :( I have no idea how I managed to breastfeed and take care of DS through that time. But yeah. He's hardly sleeping nowadays and when he does it's for 50 minutes or less, then he's up again fussing and crying to either be fed or winded.

Oh where oh where are my 3 hour stretches of sleep gone and will I ever get them back? This sleeping for half an hour or an hour at a time a few times a day is killing me :cry:

We are back to co-sleeping (boo)....have been putting her in her cot for the first sleep (usually lasts only 45mins) she is not able to self settle. so even if I keep putting her back in cot, it lasts under an hour every time which is exhausting. As you can see on Oct 21st he did ONCE sleep through for 5 hours and spent the whole night in her cot....sadly didn't last beyond that one night! Feels like I have tried everything, but I am sure I have not. She is now 3.5 months but am just praying soon she will sleep through again....

momma2nessa- Thank you, my area ended up okay, the city got the worst of it.

Anne- Sorry, I have been there too. I would think we were making progress with her sleeping in her crib and then it would go backwards. So lo is in bed with me too.....just so undecided about how I want to handle all of this! I do not know what I will do if this does not improve by the time I go back to work.

I was evil mum lastnight and let her cry for 5 minutes....didn't work, she got so upset she puked and then slept for all of 20 mins. When I brought her to bed she slept for 4 unbroken hours. It kind of makes my motivation to try and get her in the cot again slim to none! But I will keep on trying. At least for the first sleep....I guess I just have to pray she will eventually feel ok to just stay there?? She is afterall only 3.5 months. Although it really seems like almost everyone else's baby sleeps through the night in their cot?

I was evil mum lastnight and let her cry for 5 minutes....didn't work, she got so upset she puked and then slept for all of 20 mins. When I brought her to bed she slept for 4 unbroken hours. It kind of makes my motivation to try and get her in the cot again slim to none! But I will keep on trying. At least for the first sleep....I guess I just have to pray she will eventually feel ok to just stay there?? She is afterall only 3.5 months. Although it really seems like almost everyone else's baby sleeps through the night in their cot?

My LO once cried for 20 minutes when I tried getting her to stay in her crib. I did not leave her and patted her, but she wanted to be in bed with me with my nipple in her mouth. Even in bed with me, my LO wakes up every 1-2 hours to nurse. She is getting worse about it too and now during naps she will barely sleep unless my nipple is in her mouth. I wish I could drink coffee. :nope:

by 7am this morning, i had only had 1 1/2 hours of sleep. i don't know how i'm functioning.

he's lucky he's so cute.

I have her swaddled in her woombie and at night shell sleep through if I push on her with my hand when she stirs. I'm gonna wean her off feeling me push on her soon then go from there.

I never coslept, but I had a realllly hard time moving LO out of her bassinet. She slept in a rock-n-play sleeper for 4 months. Another mom gave me great advice - She basicaly said, a week in a baby's life is an eternity. They grow and change so fast. If you fail miserably with a transition one week, just try again two weeks later. You may be suprised! Perhaps your LO just isn't ready for her cot just yet, but she will be soon.

I have her swaddled in her woombie and at night shell sleep through if I push on her with my hand when she stirs. I'm gonna wean her off feeling me push on her soon then go from there.

Woombies are awesome! I have mine in big baby size (she's 13lbs) and dread the day I have to stop swaddling her. Right now she sleeps from 8 pm to 4 am typically before waking for a feed.

Ok I need help! After 4 weeks of sleeping 7-9 stretches at nights before waking up, suddenly at 10 weeks my LO's habits have totally changed. She goes to sleep later (between 9 to 10 as opposed to 8 to 9) and she wakes up now at 1, 3, 5 and then again 7:30am. I've been feeding her each time. I'm so exhausted and not sure why she changed like that :/

Is there a growth spurt at 10 weeks?

my lo hated the swaddle pod i had bc she likes having her arms free so that doesnt work. im working on her daytime naps at the moment....she will either sleep in her bouncer or in her pram usually (I take her for a nice long walk everyday) but unfortunately she never wants to sleep longer than one sleep cycle at a time (45 mins) it is very rare for her to go longer. I was sooooo tired this afternoon OH took her and she slept on his chest for almost 2 hours! She is in her cot now but Im pretty sure she will wake at 45 mins as usual :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->