Sleepless Nights Support Thread

Hopefully the upload works, but here she is napping away in her swing ;) (It is moving)

reseized.jpg

She's slept great in there the past 4 nights so DH wants us to get another swing for our bedroom so I can actually sleep in bed instead of on the couch. I said it was too much money to spend on something we weren't going to use for long, but he insists that it's worth every penny. I've resigned to the fact that that's how she's going to sleep for now and we'll wean her off it later, but I would like to get a swing for night time that she's laying at least a little bit more flat in. It's not the incline that bothers me because I think that's part of why she sleeps well, but she's sort of in a reclined sitting position in the one we have and I'm just worried about her spine when it's for a 5 or 6 hours stretch. I was thinking this one since it's top rated and the seat is more flat:

https://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price...37005&sr=8-1&keywords=little+snugabunny+swing

Any opinions? :flower:

EDT: Oh, before I get yelled at LOL - I DO strap her in there at night. DH put her in there for the nap and forgot :p but since I'm right here to watch her I let it go.

I think tonight is going to be one of those nights. I went to bed 4 hours ago, hoping DS2 would give me his usual 4-5 hour head start, no such luck! He has picked up his big brother's cough & cold so is coughing and murmuring away. I've had about 1 hour sleep so far and that's broken sleep! DS1 will be up any time from 5:30 onwards, depending on when DS2 wakes around then and disturbs him. So basically I have 4 hours left to try to get some sleep and I really can't see it happening any time soon. :cry:

FML

No matter when I try to go to bed DD either decides to cluster feed or cries for 3+ hrs.

Just fed him for two hours to get him sleep because the in laws insisted keeping him for five hours would make him fall askeep faster. No it fucking Wont it just makes him over tired and he cries and fights me and I'm the one dealing with it because they think I don't know my child. This fuckkng sucks.

Hope you all don't mind me joining you!

My 5wo LO has developed a frustrating habit. She'll usually give me 4-5 glorious hours of sleep (and I know I'm lucky she does this), but upon waking up to feed will absolutely NOT go back to sleep for around three hours. After that I'm too wired to get back to sleep myself, and end up missing out on a few hours of potential, much needed sleep.

Tonight I've been up with her since 3:15 and it's nearly 6am. I finally got her to drift into a light sleep by doing some sort of complicated bounce and sway motion while holding her, but her newest trick is waking herself up once I put her down. So far she's just quietly fussing to herself, so I'm leaving her because sometimes she'll put herself to sleep. I'm watching her on the monitor, and it's not looking promising. I suspect I'll need to go pick her up in a bit and start the whole process over again.

Why do they do this? She must be exhausted at this point. I sometimes wake OH up to help when I get too frustrated, but he always gives up within half an hour, saying he just doesn't know what to do. As though I do! If I did, I wouldn't be up with her for three hours every night!

She's slept great in there the past 4 nights so DH wants us to get another swing for our bedroom so I can actually sleep in bed instead of on the couch. I said it was too much money to spend on something we weren't going to use for long, but he insists that it's worth every penny. I've resigned to the fact that that's how she's going to sleep for now and we'll wean her off it later, but I would like to get a swing for night time that she's laying at least a little bit more flat in. It's not the incline that bothers me because I think that's part of why she sleeps well, but she's sort of in a reclined sitting position in the one we have and I'm just worried about her spine when it's for a 5 or 6 hours stretch. I was thinking this one since it's top rated and the seat is more flat:

https://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price...37005&sr=8-1&keywords=little+snugabunny+swing

I have that one. I just checked for you, and it does seem that the back is fairly flat, though inclined, as you said. Then there's sort of a 90 degree curve where her butt sits. My suspicion is that their spines still end up in a curved position, just because it puts them into a sort of funny seated position. Our LO sleeps all night in the Snugabunny Rock n Play, though, which has a similar configuration, so I'm not going to judge!

We do like the swing, though I'll warn you that it takes up a lot of floor space. I love that it plugs into an outlet. Do you have any specific questions about it?

I have that one. I just checked for you, and it does seem that the back is fairly flat, though inclined, as you said. Then there's sort of a 90 degree curve where her butt sits. My suspicion is that their spines still end up in a curved position, just because it puts them into a sort of funny seated position. Our LO sleeps all night in the Snugabunny Rock n Play, though, which has a similar configuration, so I'm not going to judge!

We do like the swing, though I'll warn you that it takes up a lot of floor space. I love that it plugs into an outlet. Do you have any specific questions about it?

Thank you so much :flower:

I do have a question - does it swing well? lol I ask because last weekend we did get the fisher price sugar plum starlight papisan swing and it barely moved, I mean turned all the way up my only 12 lb. lo was just barely moving side to side, nothing close to actually swinging. We returned that one and now that's why I'm researching before getting another one.

The one we have goes almost too fast on the first speed and I have to drape a blanket to drag the ground to slow it down. Blows my mind since they're both fisher price :shrug:
Thanks! :flower:

Did you try pushing the swing to get it started? You need to give the snugabunny a little shove when you first start it, but then it's great. It works very well. You can hear the motor a little, but it's a gentle repetitive noise that we assume LO likes.

Please can I join you ladies?

My LO won't go to sleep before 2am. (From 10pm we just end up feeding constantly). Tonight was no exception. Finally got her I'm her Moses basket at 2:30am. Was woken up a bit ago by her crying. Thought we may have had a couple of hours sleep but no, it wasn't even 3:30am. Seriously?! Aaaargh?! :-(

Please can I join you ladies?

My LO won't go to sleep before 2am. (From 10pm we just end up feeding constantly). Tonight was no exception. Finally got her I'm her Moses basket at 2:30am. Was woken up a bit ago by her crying. Thought we may have had a couple of hours sleep but no, it wasn't even 3:30am. Seriously?! Aaaargh?! :-(

Sounds like cluster feeding & a growth spurt. It's a pretty big 1 at 6 weeks from what I remember. Hang in there, it's often followed by a few days of better sleep, when they actually do the growing.

Did you try pushing the swing to get it started? You need to give the snugabunny a little shove when you first start it, but then it's great. It works very well. You can hear the motor a little, but it's a gentle repetitive noise that we assume LO likes.

Thanks :flower: We're going to get the snugabunny this weekend :thumbup:

Yep we did and it went for about 30 seconds and then stopped completely. We could hear the motor going it just wasn't catching the swing or something :shrug: Maybe that particular one was defective, it was brand new though :shrug: Yeah, the one we have the motor makes a noise too but it almost sounds like womb sounds lol and I think our lo likes it too.

Hi girls I'm breaking into this thread I'm getting delerious from lack of sleep and coffee overdose!

My ds1 is a brill night sleeper. He is only wakeful if ill and has pretty much always gone 7.30-7.30.

Iris however had colic, screamed all evening til midnight until she was 12 weeks and has chest infections, coughs, wheezes constantly. She has been more unwell than well in her 7months of life poor bubba. Soo basically I haven't slept a night through since 2nd tri of pregnancy and she has had night cough which almost always leads to puking for about two months now. She has an inhaler and has had a hit of steroids and I have to just ride it out now.

Each time she is better for about 5 days then the snot starts and the coughing re launches.

I haven't had much more than 3 hours of broken sleep in 2 months now and the majority of nights I'm up from 1am til about 4/5 am then zakk wakes at 7.30 am
Wanting breakfast. I'm like a zombie. I've drunk so much coffee that my vision is getting blurry and I've started getting weird pains in my chest.

My husband "can't handle the crying" and just puts her back in her cot and I have to then get up and deal with a worse situation so I don't bother to ask anymore. Plus can't manage the huff and moaning on top of being exhausted.

I'm sorry to drone about this. But I feel like all I do is moan about being tired to everyone.

My mums friend had two close together and she had a nervous breakdown and now I can see why. Sometimes I feel like throwing myself down the stairs just to be unconscious for a while.

I'm sick to death of this and god I feel so bad for iris suffering but I'm starting to wonder where this goes. How long can you actually not sleep for?

I'm a complete mess and I feel like zakk gets a rough ride as I'm always so ratty and tired.

Thanks for listenjng. Reading this thread in the night makes me feel less lonely.

Hi girls I'm breaking into this thread I'm getting delerious from lack of sleep and coffee overdose!

My ds1 is a brill night sleeper. He is only wakeful if ill and has pretty much always gone 7.30-7.30.

Iris however had colic, screamed all evening til midnight until she was 12 weeks and has chest infections, coughs, wheezes constantly. She has been more unwell than well in her 7months of life poor bubba. Soo basically I haven't slept a night through since 2nd tri of pregnancy and she has had night cough which almost always leads to puking for about two months now. She has an inhaler and has had a hit of steroids and I have to just ride it out now.

Each time she is better for about 5 days then the snot starts and the coughing re launches.

I haven't had much more than 3 hours of broken sleep in 2 months now and the majority of nights I'm up from 1am til about 4/5 am then zakk wakes at 7.30 am
Wanting breakfast. I'm like a zombie. I've drunk so much coffee that my vision is getting blurry and I've started getting weird pains in my chest.

My husband "can't handle the crying" and just puts her back in her cot and I have to then get up and deal with a worse situation so I don't bother to ask anymore. Plus can't manage the huff and moaning on top of being exhausted.

I'm sorry to drone about this. But I feel like all I do is moan about being tired to everyone.

My mums friend had two close together and she had a nervous breakdown and now I can see why. Sometimes I feel like throwing myself down the stairs just to be unconscious for a while.

I'm sick to death of this and god I feel so bad for iris suffering but I'm starting to wonder where this goes. How long can you actually not sleep for?

I'm a complete mess and I feel like zakk gets a rough ride as I'm always so ratty and tired.

Thanks for listenjng. Reading this thread in the night makes me feel less lonely.

:hugs: I wish I could be of more help than this hun, but I think it's time for your DH to suck it up and help you more. He's acting more like a baby than the baby if you ask me. Doesn't he realize how tired you are? :hugs::hugs:

not been on this thread before but up at nearly 2am so seemed appropriate!! LO fed from 8pm to 1am, have managed the dummy with a cuddle for a break from this cluster feed!! she'll be 6 weeks on monday, does this sound familiar as a growth spurt to anyone??

well after that cluster feed, she slept for 4 hours....bliss!

well our FF girl sleeps from around 9pm through to 1pm now then through to six but has been going through until 7am yay now she is on baby rice her patterns are changing, but i have never been fortunate to have an all night 12 hr sleeping baby. at 3-4 months she would fall asleep at around 7am then be up by midnight then again at four then six then sleep, then up all day lol, she has two sleeps through the day now, one in the morning for an hour then one in the afternoon briefly

i mean whoppee doo for those mothers who can force theri babies to sleep from the time they go to bed right through until 7am but i am not able to sorry, summer gets hungry in the night, do i not feed her????

I'm so exhausted my daughter hasn't slept well in a month and a half.. She used to sleep 8-11 hour stretches only wake once in the night now she's up 4-8 times a night most times she refuses to go back to sleep unless I feed her everytime .. During the day she's only taking two 45 minute naps and is a very high needs baby and needs constant attention.. When we are at family's houses or get togethers she gets over stimulated every time and screams her head of and we end up leaving and has never liked anyone else holding her besides me and my husband.. She also refuses to take a bottle and a pacifier so I have no break.. I love her to pieces but wish for just and hour or two break.. Anyone have any suggestions? I'm not really big on cry it out because I've tried it once around 2 months and she woke up about 10 times that night and each time woke up screaming bloody murder.

Hi ladies! My twins are 7 month and finally two days ago they slept straight through the night!! Thank god!!! I was loosing my mind. Constantly being woken up is torture. I hope they continue sleeping all night when thy wake up around 6am they are happy and aren't even crying for me to get them. It is so much more relaxed. I hope they continue this!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->