Sleepless Nights Support Thread

Can a growth spurt last a week or more?! My LO is 7 weeks and 2 days, and has been eating like CRAZY for about a week. Eating for about an hour, every 2 hours. :dohh: It is so constant and exhausting! :nope:

Can a growth spurt last a week or more?! My LO is 7 weeks and 2 days, and has been eating like CRAZY for about a week. Eating for about an hour, every 2 hours. :dohh: It is so constant and exhausting! :nope:

Aww yeah it's normal. It won't last much longer :hugs: Those days for me seem like yeeeears ago!

I always thought 'sleepless' was an exaggeration.. I found out the night before last when LO slept from 11pm til 1am and then was up until 9am, that it is no exaggeration. Poor thing has got a throat infection and we had another bad night of screaming all night just now. I managed to get her to sleep at 5:30am and my alarm was set for 6:30 as we have to get on a plane in 3 hours :coffee:

I feel like a zombie

any advice for a 2 week old newborn who wont settle in his moses basket IN MY ROOM when im in bed, but he is fine when downstairs in the day xx

any advice for a 2 week old newborn who wont settle in his moses basket IN MY ROOM when im in bed, but he is fine when downstairs in the day xx

Is there noise downstairs during the day? People talking, a TV on etc. Is your bedroom at night very quiet? The womb is a loud place, quiet is a very foreign thing to a newborn baby. If you're not already doing so, you need white noise in your bedroom, a fan usually does the trick :thumbup:

There are white noise phone apps too or co sleeping which is what I now do and I get some sleep!

We have a sound machine in their room. They love it! When they nap I make noise and put the tv on. They can sleep through that but if you dorp a pen that's it they wake up!!

My 5 month old has become a horrible sleeper. She use to take naps and go to bed at 11 and get up at 10. Now she takes really short naps and just wont sleep at night. I was up until 5 with her last night. She slept until 6:30 then awoke every hour after until 11 and she was up. She bounces from being in a good mood to being in a bad mood. I'm so tired! What can I do? What is this?

My daughter used to be a fab sleeper from the age of around 10 weeks or so she was sleeping through the nights but since she started teething its been erratic. These days there isnt a night she doesnt wake up at 10pm so, i check on her make sure shes warm has her dummy if she wants it and has her cuddly. She settles and about an hour or so later shes waking up again and she could be talking herself awake or crying it varies and this continues through the night on and off till about 5am or 6am when some times i am so tired that i take her out the cot and cuddle her in bed till she sleeps again.

Our routine consists of
7.30-8pm and milk feed and change
8.30am-9am breakfast.
around 9.30 and 10.30 was nap time but we moved it to 12pm so she plays and has a mid morning snack.
11.45 preparing for nap time with milk and she sleeps roughly for about an hour and a half if i am lucky sometimes she wakes after 30 minutes. after nap time she gets changed has a play and then lunch.
We used to have a nap time at 2.30pm but she would refuse to go to sleep at bed time 6pm so she has mid afternoon snack and kept awake.
6pm we start bath, changing and feeding, then bed.

I feel that her teething are part of her waking but also out of habit. I am going to reintroduce the afternoon nap and see how she goes but apart from that i am not sure what else i can do.

Any help would be brilliant.
Thanks,

He ALWAYS wakes up when I put him down. ALWAYS. Ugggh I'm at the end of my fuckkng rope! Seriously!!!!

He ALWAYS wakes up when I put him down. ALWAYS. Ugggh I'm at the end of my fuckkng rope! Seriously!!!!

From your ticker (46 weeks pregnant :haha:) I take it your LO is about 6 weeks old. I know it doesn't help you to know that what your LO is doing is so normal but it is, they all do it! It helped me to try and 'feel sorry' for my LO, have some empathy. I'd think, poor thing, she was constantly fed, safe, warm, being held etc. Now she gets hungry, cold, left alone etc and it must be an awfully hard transition. They do grow out of it though, can you safely cosleep? To see if it might help. :hugs: It won't last long and you'll get through it

My lo sleeps through the night almost every night... Now I'm the one waking every couple of hours. Sigh.

I jinxed myself when I said they sleep through the night. Brielle woke up at 3am and that woke up Alexis. Brielle was trying to go back to sleep around 3:2-am but Alexis started crying. We were up from 3-5am!!!!

My DD was born on Sat and so far she has not slept much during the night. She is okay at sleeping on me or OH but will not settle down in her moses basket.
It is killing me the lack of sleep and is not helping to the baby blues.
Everyone tells me that babies have night and day mixed up but this doesn't seem to be the problem as she still sleeps.
Any advice?

It is tre babies eventually learn that night is for long stretches of sleep. They sleep a few hours here n there day and night. She will lerarn in time. I know it is hard. I have twins so one was always up!! Hang in there.

A few things I do not recommend.

1. Trying to keep your baby up during the day they sleep better at night.
The truth is the better they nap during the day the better they sleep at night. You will create a restless baby if you keep them up during the day and they will have a horrible nights sleep.

2. Keeping things quiet when they sleep. They need some noise or you will never be able to do a thing when they are asleep.

3. Sound machine: White noise is great when you put the to bed at night.

And if you don't have a white noise machine, just turn on a cheap fan. If its too cold, point the fan into a corner away from the baby. You'll still get the noise benefit.

I don't use artificial light cause my windows are big enough and it helped a lot.

im in a catch 22 situation here

chloe used to be a brill sleeper

but recently she is waking every 3-4 hours and sometimes doesnt want a drink just she cant go back to sleep, if we leave her to cry she wakes up and starts standing up and being silly and has to be settled to go to sleep, think she is still teething or just waking up out of habbit!!!

please help very tired mummy :-(

Oh no. If she isn't screaming her head off and just standing and being silly just let her tire herself out. Watch her though since she is standing up.

That is the only thing I can think of.

My twins are 7 months old so I am not at that stage where they can stand and walk around their crib.

I hope you get some sleep soon. :hugs:

Yepp, I'd let them. They'll get bored eventually and realize night time isn't interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->