Sleepless Nights Support Thread

My baby's only a month old so not going more then two hours. Usually about an hour and a half :( I'm bf so no help from oh and im exhausted. I'm so frd up with him because doesnt help me at all! He thinks holding the baby once a day for five minutes is good enough. He hasn't changed a diaper since we've been home. He gets so defensive when I get mad about it too. So sick of it. Piece of shit.

im just on here to have a rant. My boy is now 8 months old and he just doesn't sleep. He was a great sleeper up till he was 6 months, now he is terrible!! I am so tired, he is waking up every hour every night, he isnt crying, he just bangs his legs off his mattress and "talks" away to him self, but he does it every hour. Im a very light sleeper so it doesnt take much to wake me up. Im so tired, i feel like im going to lose it. :cry:

He can sleep during the day fine, but not a night time. :cry:

I just feel so depressed because of lack of sleep. :cry:

im just on here to have a rant. My boy is now 8 months old and he just doesn't sleep. He was a great sleeper up till he was 6 months, now he is terrible!! I am so tired, he is waking up every hour every night, he isnt crying, he just bangs his legs off his mattress and "talks" away to him self, but he does it every hour. Im a very light sleeper so it doesnt take much to wake me up. Im so tired, i feel like im going to lose it. :cry:

He can sleep during the day fine, but not a night time. :cry:

I just feel so depressed because of lack of sleep. :cry:
I'll join you in a rant, my LO is 6.5 months and wakes every hour and a half. I'm starting to feel sick from lack of sleep, he doesn't really do naps either, so I can't catch up in the day.

Although the last couple of nights have been better, every 2.5 hours with 1 hour wide awake hmph

I can't really complain as the poor boy is teething, his 7th and 8th are on the way. I keep hoping we will have a few weeks break from new teeth, but he seems intent on getting a mouthful asap.

Ugh! Not a sleepless night issue more like a sleepless day today! She has been screaming all f*cking day and I kept taking 30 mins to put her to sleep....then I would put her down and 1 minute later she would be screaming again. I finally gave up on putting her down and queue my son waking her with his loud whines Everytime she would fall asleep! I haven't been so frustrated and on edge since she was born. I feel like smashing my head against a wall. Plus this is the day my husband decides to be an asshole and not watch her. I was so looking forward to 5 pm to get a fcking break but no he is in bed and I'm watching her. Fck it all! I think Saturday I will just leave both kids with him and go to the mall so he can get payback.

I know the feeling!! Lara screamed for ten hours a day every day for six weeks, I would just get her down and some ass would honk.by my house and wake her up

Aria has been sick, so snorting like a little piglet with every breath... Our two cats wander the house at night thumping around as they knock things over or leap down onto the floor... A helicopter is circling overhead for some reason and because Aria napped most of the day due to being sick she has decided to tell me stories in her outside voice... Its midnight here...

Well first, I have to say I feel better just reading through the last few posts that I'm not alone at least :flower:

Rant/cry warning lol:

It's 7:30 AM and I've had 4 hours of sleep last night. The night before was a doozy too. Why my lo thinks that after she gets up to eat 4 hours into the night and goes back to sleep all nice, that it's a great idea to wake up and start the day a HALF HOUR later!:growlmad: She didn't go to sleep until 10 PM (after trying since 8) wakes up at 2:30 and I got her back to sleep, up at 4:00 to eat, back to bed around 5:00( not totally sure what time she fell asleep because I fell asleep in the rocker and woke up at 5 and we went back to bed) then she wakes up at 5:30!! WTF?!?!:cry: I was desperate so I put her in her swing and layed down on the couch thinking she'd go back to sleep :nope: of course not! By 6 she was crying and so I fed her and she's been awake and happy as a freekin clam since!

God help me I'm not going to survive this baby. :cry: I DREAM about the days when my 7 year old DS was a baby, he was an angel! I feel like going and giving him a big hug and kiss but he's actually asleep. As I stood on our porch at 6:30AM smoking a cigarette (yeah, and I quit for the pregnancy and said I wasn't going to start again - she freekin drove me to it!) and crying, I seriously had the thought of "what if I just take DS and leave? Just me and my good child, my little boy who SLEEPS and always has. DH can take care of lo for more than 2 freekin hours and see what it's like!" Then I cried more because I thought what a f'n terrible mother am I for even thinking that?? :cry::cry::cry: I'm not even kidding, I seriously can't wait until she's like 5!

Something my best friend always told me, they're new and they need to get used to it. The day Lara got used to it, she got soooooo many hugs. But I repeated it like a freaking mantra. Also, blast rock/angry music. It made it easier to deal with and not as jarring of a sound. I like billy talent for that. I had My chemical romance on here for weeks.

Well first, I have to say I feel better just reading through the last few posts that I'm not alone at least :flower:

Rant/cry warning lol:

It's 7:30 AM and I've had 4 hours of sleep last night. The night before was a doozy too. Why my lo thinks that after she gets up to eat 4 hours into the night and goes back to sleep all nice, that it's a great idea to wake up and start the day a HALF HOUR later!:growlmad: She didn't go to sleep until 10 PM (after trying since 8) wakes up at 2:30 and I got her back to sleep, up at 4:00 to eat, back to bed around 5:00( not totally sure what time she fell asleep because I fell asleep in the rocker and woke up at 5 and we went back to bed) then she wakes up at 5:30!! WTF?!?!:cry: I was desperate so I put her in her swing and layed down on the couch thinking she'd go back to sleep :nope: of course not! By 6 she was crying and so I fed her and she's been awake and happy as a freekin clam since!

God help me I'm not going to survive this baby. :cry: I DREAM about the days when my 7 year old DS was a baby, he was an angel! I feel like going and giving him a big hug and kiss but he's actually asleep. As I stood on our porch at 6:30AM smoking a cigarette (yeah, and I quit for the pregnancy and said I wasn't going to start again - she freekin drove me to it!) and crying, I seriously had the thought of "what if I just take DS and leave? Just me and my good child, my little boy who SLEEPS and always has. DH can take care of lo for more than 2 freekin hours and see what it's like!" Then I cried more because I thought what a f'n terrible mother am I for even thinking that?? :cry::cry::cry: I'm not even kidding, I seriously can't wait until she's like 5!
my first was like that...an absolute angel baby. He slept all the time, napped on his own during the day, didn't really have screaming fits...not even when teething! I figured when I was pregnant I got off too easy and the second would be pay back...I was right. She always wants to be held, she cries bloody murder if I put her down to do something and don't pick her right back up, and she will only sleep in my arms/next to me. I never thought I would be terrified to get up to even pee! The moment I move her eyes pop open to make sure I'm not moving away from her. I thankfully get good sleep at night because she does well cosleeping but I get no rest at all during the day. It is just as exhausting as when she wasn't sleeping the night. And I rely on the one hour a day break my husband gives me at night to just chill and I didn't get that last night...so I carried my bad mood over today and she is just as horrible today! :cry:

Rant/cry warning lol:

my first was like that...an absolute angel baby. He slept all the time, napped on his own during the day, didn't really have screaming fits...not even when teething! I figured when I was pregnant I got off too easy and the second would be pay back...I was right. She always wants to be held, she cries bloody murder if I put her down to do something and don't pick her right back up, and she will only sleep in my arms/next to me. I never thought I would be terrified to get up to even pee! The moment I move her eyes pop open to make sure I'm not moving away from her. I thankfully get good sleep at night because she does well cosleeping but I get no rest at all during the day. It is just as exhausting as when she wasn't sleeping the night. And I rely on the one hour a day break my husband gives me at night to just chill and I didn't get that last night...so I carried my bad mood over today and she is just as horrible today! :cry:

I guess we can't get lucky twice huh? LOL I remember when my ds was a baby that I used to say "he's SUCH a good baby, I'm probably screwed once he turns 2" Boy was I right lol. He still slept great but man those "terrible two's" kicked in at like 1 1/2 LOL and he was a handfull. He's a very sweet, loving little boy, but now it's like he's 7 going on 17 most of the time lol so still making up for being such an angel baby:haha:

My mom keeps reminding me of that and saying that Leah will probably be an easy toddler so it'll be just the opposite. Fingers crossed :haha:

Rant/cry warning lol:

Oh i so know how you feel. The last two nights my boy gave me 6 hours sleep, i actually felt okay in the morning, BUT last night its all back to his normal self, waking every hour or so, chatting away really loud and just making a god awful racket!!

This is my first baby so i dont have any thing to compare him to. I was up at 4.30 downstairs crying, i just didnt want to go back upstairs to the room he was in. When i eventually did go back up he was still awake and he looked up at me and gave me this lovely smile, boy, i felt so guilty for being mad that he wasnt sleeping. :cry:

Welp...last night was ridiculous! She woke me up every 30 minutes. I would pop the boob in her mouth and fall asleep...30 minutes later she would be squirming and whining because the boob fell out. This went on all night long. Finally at 5 am, I told my husband to put off going to the gym until tonight because I needed at least an hour of undisturbed sleep!

And this morning I got her to sleep on her own in my bed...only to have my son wake up 30 minutes later by slamming the door! Ugh! I was so mad. If he hadn't done that she probably would have stayed down a while!

Rant/cry warning lol:

Oh i so know how you feel. The last two nights my boy gave me 6 hours sleep, i actually felt okay in the morning, BUT last night its all back to his normal self, waking every hour or so, chatting away really loud and just making a god awful racket!!

This is my first baby so i dont have any thing to compare him to. I was up at 4.30 downstairs crying, i just didnt want to go back upstairs to the room he was in. When i eventually did go back up he was still awake and he looked up at me and gave me this lovely smile, boy, i felt so guilty for being mad that he wasnt sleeping. :cry:

Yep, that's what happens to me too. I'll be so upset and at my wits end crying and the whole thing and then the little stinker gives me a big smile and I feel like complete crap.

So, guess what happened last night...I could NOT get her to even stay asleep for even 5 minutes once I put her down. SHe'd be out cold in my arms, put her down and wham. :nope: I was to the point of practically hysterics last night :cry: It was almost midnight, I had been trying since 9 to get her to stay sleep and I has running on only 4 hours sleep from the night before. My DH works night shift so I was texting him telling him it was all his fault, that I never wanted a second child, that he should have gotten a vasectomy 4 years ago when I asked him to etc. (I know, awefull huh? :cry:) He finally told me "Jenn, just put her in the swing and lay on the couch at this point". So, desperate (and practically hyperventalating from being so upset not knowing what I was doing wrong) I did. That was about 12:30 and she slept until 5:30! SHe ate 2 ounces only, I put her back in the swing and she slept until 9:30!! WTF?! Obviously I know I can't keep doing that, talk about setting up a bad habit. I honestly don't know what to do though, I really don't.

Since she was a preemie, she's still more like her adjusted age than a 3 month old (sort of somewhere in between, more like a 2 month old) so I feel like she's too young for sleep training (even no-cry) :shrug: Not to mention we're stuck living with my mom until the spring and sharing a bedroom with her AND DS. So, any noise or even little bit of crying will wake my DS and my mom and step dad in the next room and to work on naps during the day, DH is asleep in there because of night shift. I'm just screwed right now I think. I've read a few books about teaching them to sleep and self sooth and yeah, they all sound great IF I had a nursery for lo! The way it is now she has to nap in the livingroom and I can't put her in her co-sleeper basinette at night until after 11:00 PM. :wacko::wacko:

If it works, do it. There is time to fix bad habits later. I didn't put Lara down for six weeks straight from her crying. Then only swing. Then only vibrating chair. Now she sleeps from 8-12 in her bassinet. Do it gradually. If it doesn't work this week, try again next week.

If it works, do it. There is time to fix bad habits later. I didn't put Lara down for six weeks straight from her crying. Then only swing. Then only vibrating chair. Now she sleeps from 8-12 in her bassinet. Do it gradually. If it doesn't work this week, try again next week.

Yeah, DH and I were just talking about this and he thinks we should just let her sleep in the swing for now if that's what she needs. She went from getting up every 3 hours and then sometimes not going back to sleep to basically STTN in the swing. I does scare me though that's it's going to be hard to break later, but maybe she won't need that motion to sleep as she gets older and it won't be as bad as I think?

Dh said we'll worry about that after I get a few days or even weeks of sleeping at night and regain my sanity :haha: Guess I better stock up on D batteries :p

Yeah, DH and I were just talking about this and he thinks we should just let her sleep in the swing for now if that's what she needs. She went from getting up every 3 hours and then sometimes not going back to sleep to basically STTN in the swing. I does scare me though that's it's going to be hard to break later, but maybe she won't need that motion to sleep as she gets older and it won't be as bad as I think?

Dh said we'll worry about that after I get a few days or even weeks of sleeping at night and regain my sanity :haha: Guess I better stock up on D batteries :p

I would do what works right now! Harvy Karp of "Happiest Baby on the Block" has a section on weaning off of the swing, I believe. He basically says you can reduce the speed gradually until baby is basically sleeping stationary and then transition them into a bassinet or crib. Get some rest mom!

I agree-do what works! If the swing worked for my LO she would have been in it!!! Believe me, we tried (3 different kinds of swings actually, and a vibrating chair, and the Rock-N-Play) and nothing worked! You have to do what you have to do to get some sleep.

DD1 had reflux and she used to sleep in her swing or bouncy seat as it was the only way she or I got any sleep. She's now 23 months and has been happily sleeping in her own cot since 4 months :) do what works now and get some rest!

I would do what works right now! Harvy Karp of "Happiest Baby on the Block" has a section on weaning off of the swing, I believe. He basically says you can reduce the speed gradually until baby is basically sleeping stationary and then transition them into a bassinet or crib. Get some rest mom!

Guess I'll have to be downloading that book for future reference lol because she STTN again last night in the swing :happydance:

agreed with previous posters about the swing. I'm letting my LO nap in her swing but she sleeps in her crib at night. I'm currently weaning her off her soother so I don't wanna take too many things away. In a week though, I will start weaning the swing by letting her nap in there stationary and then will move her to the crib the week after.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->