Sleepless Nights Support Thread

My lo just slept for over 3 hours and I feel like dancing. How sad.. But he's recently been up every 1-2 hours and never sleeps more than 4 followed by 3 wake ups ;twice to feed). When will it end? Not sure it will seems we've run straight through to teething not stopping a sttn?

My lo just slept for over 3 hours and I feel like dancing. How sad.. But he's recently been up every 1-2 hours and never sleeps more than 4 followed by 3 wake ups ;twice to feed). When will it end? Not sure it will seems we've run straight through to teething not stopping a sttn?

My LO is 4 months and when I get a 3 hours stretch I am thrilled (even though it is usually from 7-10 which does me no good). We are starting to get back to 2 hour stretches, but that is still exhausting. We are transitioning LO into her crib, which means that every time she wants to eat I have to get up and stay up for 20minutes-half hour. It is exhausting!!!! I am thinking the same thing...teething will come and we will never experience a STTN!

I have cried several times tonight I have 9 week old twins & am so fed up with not sleeping! The other night I was up between 1-6am tonight I've already been up for 2&half hours as they just won't settle after a feed. I'm at my wits end. My oh is great as he gets up with them too but it's just getting beyond a joke. If there was just 1 of them we could try to take turns but this way both of us are permenantly sleep deprived!

My 7 month old bad sleeper is being referred to a sleep clinic as he still wakes 3 to 4 times a night and wars with me every time I try to get him to sleep his naps during the day last between 20 to 45 mins and always have he will kick and scream, arch his back and pull at his ears and hair even though I know he is tired and needs to sleep.
He is constantly on the go he crawls pulls him self and on furniture and goes cruising around holding on. I had to put a guard up in front of the telly as he tries to stand and smack it, so his new favourite game is to pull him self up on that and shake it, I'm constantly trying to redirect him and distract him by tipping the toy bucket on the floor and sitting and playing with him but he will just crawl straight past me and them in search of some wires to pull :dohh:

He wears himself out but will still not give in to sleep on the odd occasion that he has a relatively good nights sleep he is such an angel and a joy to be with he has the most amazing smile I've ever seen, I have tried all manner of things to get him to sleep, singing to him ( this was probably more like torture) I bought a grobag thinking that maybe he gets cold, I tried letting him cry but this not only broke my heart he cried for 4 hours straight then puked everywhere, I tried co sleeping but he would still wake and tap my face for me to wake too. I tried putting him in his own room which also didn't work and left me having to wake down the hall and sit on the floor of his room to give him a bottle, I've tried just giving him water in the night, or trying to settle him back to sleep without any bottles at all, I no tha the noise from my neighbours above have distubed him to an extent but surely not at 2,4,5 and 6 every morning! :shrug:

Hey, just need to vent!
DS2 is having an awful night tonight! He didn't settle till 9, was awake for an hour 10-11, then up at 1:45 and we're still up at 3:45! I'm so frustrated! He's fed, got a clean nappy on (second one since waking at 1:45), is swaddled.
He needed to poo and that initially stopped him going to sleep. Now he's done one and had a second nappy change it's woken him right up.
I've tried rocking him, bouncing him and latching him on (he's EBF and doesn't have a dummy), but he's not settling.
DH will be up for work in 3-3.5 hours, DS2 will be awake in 2.5 hours.
My parents are coming over to "help" as I'm only 3 weeks post EMCS and will advise me to give a bottle if formula so they can watch DS2 while I sleep and suggest that he's hungry, needs a dummy and to consider early weaning (they did all if that with DS1 and have already said most of it this time).
This is not normal for DS2, he usually gives me 3 hour chunks overnight. The longer he's awake, the more stressed I'm getting. I know that doesn't help, but I won't have the energy for DS1 or the tolerance for my dad if I don't get to sleep soon!

Aaaaaaaargh I need sleeeeeep! I'm just exhausted and my baby wakes up every time I put her down. She's had no naps today.... Why isn't she tired too???? I think I'm gonna actually DIE of tiredness. :(

:hugs: I know that feeling from DS1.
Have you got a sling for daytime naps? How about cosleeping? If she's not napped all day, she could be over tired and that would stop her settling quite so well tonight.
xx

I am soooo hoping this is a new pattern....little has had proper naps of over an hour the last 3 days )pretty much since turning 4 months. She has also had a stretch of over 5 hours 2 nights in a row. Prior to this I was lucky if she would nap for more than 20 mins at a time and never more than 3 hours at night.....not much changed apart from introducing cereal an hour or so before bed and making bed time a little later and getting up earlier....I am a fan of not being up so early so had been resistant, but now I am thinking it is the way forward. I wish you all a good night's sleep! And hoping it becomes a trend as she has teased us with good sleeps for two nights in a row before! haha

My 6 week old sleeps from 9pm til 5/6am where he has a feed then goes back to sleep til 9! I'm hoping this will last but what I found helped was giving him his last feed in the dark and quiet and not talking to him and when he did wake in the night continue to feed in the dark/dim light and if nappy needs changing don't talk or make eye contact with him! He soon realised night times are boring and are for sleep and has slept well since 3weeks old! Hope this helps x

My 6 week old sleeps from 9pm til 5/6am where he has a feed then goes back to sleep til 9! I'm hoping this will last but what I found helped was giving him his last feed in the dark and quiet and not talking to him and when he did wake in the night continue to feed in the dark/dim light and if nappy needs changing don't talk or make eye contact with him! He soon realised night times are boring and are for sleep and has slept well since 3weeks old! Hope this helps x

My boy slept great when he was born until he was 6 months old, then thats when it all started!! He sleeps terrible now :dohh: lol

I can't sleep and its not even because of my LO cause shes sleeping :dohh:

Beware! My girl was the same and I did the same with her, lights off, no eye contact etc. She slept 9-7 then fed then slept till 9. It all went wrong at 3 1/2 months....hence I am writing this at 5.50am whilst she is feeding :dohh: this is the third time she's been up and this is actually a good night.. Best in ages. In fact I feel quite energized!

Yes and Im sure we have all tried the feeding in the dark and not making eye contact....haha....glad it works for some. All that seems to have worked for my lo is getting a little older. And who knows how long this good period will last. I am optimistic, but also realistic. She is afterall still only just 4 months, so am happy that right now she will do a 5 hour, then 3 hour, then 2 hour stretch. I get just about enough sleep and she is happy. (I am working on the no tears solution)

Hi all in the nicest possible way its nice to hear i'm not the only one who has a baby that doesn't sleep!!

Between 4 and 6 weeks she was ok went 10-2 then 3-5 then 6-8 but this last week the longest she has gone is 1hour 45mins and this is the 7th time I have been up since midnight!!!

I would love just 4 hours sleep in a row please lol!!!!

I can't sleep and its not even because of my LO cause shes sleeping :dohh:

Me too! And I've tried everything: going to bed early, glass of wine with dinner, bath before bed, melatonin....nothing works!

I'm convinced I'll die of sleep deprivision :cry:

Me three! I sleep like three hours a night even if she sttn :(

Last night was my best of the week and I slept like 4 hours. Been up since 2:30 am. Meanwhile Sofia slept from 8 pm to 5 am before needing a feed. What's wrong with me? :coffee:

I think for me is it's my only free time as I.m a single mom , so it feels like I'm "wasting" my free time if I'm asleep

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->