Sleepless Nights Support Thread

Last night was a bit better, she cried out twice but I managed to settle her until she woke up at 7am this morning. I'm convinced its her teeth coming through and she is in pain but we have tried everything to soothe them for her.
Glad it was better hun, Molly woke up about every 2 hours x

How is Molly doing now? Phoebe is much better she woke at 2.30 for milk and went straight back to sleep but woke at 4am and had a bit of a cry for 2-3 minutes then slept until 7.30am. x

:hugs: Happy. Has she had her 4 month growth spurt yet? It's a killer, the worst one by far. But everyone I know who got through it without mistaking it for weaning time said it gets much better generally once they come through it, everything, feeding, sleeping, the works.

Jack is teething too, which wakes him more at night. All you can do is give them something for it (Ashtons/bonjela/dentinox/calpol), cuddle them and put them back down.

We're doing a bit better. Seems the 4 month growth spurt is easing off now but the teeth are still a bother some nights.

I'm pretty sure she has had her 4 month growth spurt as she went from eating unbelievable amounts to nothing much at all. She is teething quite badly so I think it is down to this, the past few nights have been better, I just hope it stays this way.

ok, Who took my lovely baby who sleeps from 7 - 4. He woke EVERY HOUR !!!!! its seems more cruel when u have a stretch of good sleeping then go back to this.

ok, Who took my lovely baby who sleeps from 7 - 4. He woke EVERY HOUR !!!!! its seems more cruel when u have a stretch of good sleeping then go back to this.

Yep this is how I feel!!

I am joining this thread, Olivia is really unsettled through the night at the mo. Lots of feeding and just general unsettled periods. She lays in her cot moaning and squirming but when I check on her, her eyes are closed. Leave her for about half an hour then she wakes up.

I wonder if she is suffering from trapped wind but once she has her last feed at night no matter how much I wind her nothing comes up!! Last night was not the worst night but she still woke up about 5 times :cry:

She has also taken to waking up at six, still tired and rubbing her eyes but will not go back to sleep until seven!!

Heya girls - Im in and out of here like a dont know what! - some nights hes fine, others its every god damn hour! He does it on purpose im sure of it, when im tired he wakes!!!

Definatly growth spurts me thinks but it doesnt make it any better when at 3am you walk into a huge smile that says 'hello mummy is it time to get up?' :rofl:

:hug: to you all

x

Jack is waking an hour after we put him to bed screaming like he's in extreme pain. It's the most heart wrenching, horrible cry and the only thing that soothes him is booby. I've posted in the main baby club about it as I am really worried about him. He then wakes twice a night. I'm exhausted. I could cope with the two night feeds, but the screaming at 10pm is what is taking it out of me :cry: what's wrong with my normally happy little boy?!

Jack is waking an hour after we put him to bed screaming like he's in extreme pain. It's the most heart wrenching, horrible cry and the only thing that soothes him is booby. I've posted in the main baby club about it as I am really worried about him. He then wakes twice a night. I'm exhausted. I could cope with the two night feeds, but the screaming at 10pm is what is taking it out of me :cry: what's wrong with my normally happy little boy?!

Do you think its still his teeth at all?

Will he not settle with a dummy dipped in a bit of gripe water?

:hug:

We had another bad night...think its the colic keeping him up.

We don't give him a dummy gwizz, not fans of them I'm afraid and he's been fine without one before now. tbh even if we gave him one I don't think it would help as he's going to sleep just fine, by the time he's waking he would have long since dropped it out of his mouth and he isn't really able to retrieve dropped items himself yet. I'll try gripe water before his last feed, see if it's wind.

:hugs: lucy lu. I hope you have a better night tonight.

Well last night was another rough night, Olivia was up 4 times and after the 3rd time would not settle back in her cot and because I was so tired for the 1st since birth I let her sleep in my bed (naughty mummy).

I feel like a walking zombie today but dont know what to do. I keep saying I am going to ride it out but not sure how long I can keep going for :(

Well last night was another rough night, Olivia was up 4 times and after the 3rd time would not settle back in her cot and because I was so tired for the 1st since birth I let her sleep in my bed (naughty mummy).

I feel like a walking zombie today but dont know what to do. I keep saying I am going to ride it out but not sure how long I can keep going for :(

:hugs:

We don't give him a dummy gwizz, not fans of them I'm afraid and he's been fine without one before now. tbh even if we gave him one I don't think it would help as he's going to sleep just fine, by the time he's waking he would have long since dropped it out of his mouth and he isn't really able to retrieve dropped items himself yet. I'll try gripe water before his last feed, see if it's wind.

ok, sorry
xx

Well last night was better, Olivia woke at 1.45am and 4am for feeds. She was a little hard to settle after the 4am but once she drifted off she slept until 7am!!!

I am starting to think that me and o/h may be disturbing her when we move around in bed so tonight we and o/h will try sleeping in our own room and see if that makes a difference. There is only 1 metre between our room and her so we wont be too far away xx

Last night was another better night. Olivia woke at 1.30am then 5.00am for feeds :). I am so happy and I hope it continues like this!!! xxx

Joshua has been grand the past few nights, waking twice for feeds but settling quite well after. He doesn't settle to great after the 2nd feed nd I'm really naughty as I just bring him in bed with me.

He's been sleeping a bit longer each night before the first feed to *dances* so I am getting a decent stretch of sleep! I've probs jinx it now tho!

Countingdown: glad ure LO is sleeping better to :D

Hey Ladies I think its time to join this thread too after a hard night yesterday.

Last night after watching a film with OH we went to bed at around 2. Constantinos is sleeping in the same room with us. I decided to wait for him to wake up as it was past 5 hours after his last feed. He wouldn't so I gave him a hand to wake lol. I fed him at 2 (I always give bottle at nights while during the day I BF him). Then at around 5 o clock he woke up again I fed him and he wouldn't settle until 7.30 dunno why probably he may had pain but I am not allowed by doctor to give him tea yet only milk. Today I have terrible headache :( Hope it passes soon

Last night was another better night. Olivia woke at 1.30am then 5.00am for feeds :). I am so happy and I hope it continues like this!!! xxx

sounds a lot like Logan on a good night! We moved him into his own room a couple of days ago, so far hes waking up as much as he was in our room, hopefully it will be easier for him to sleep through at some point as no distractions. Are youu finding your LO is waking less, or no change? Currently up feeding him now, being on the laptop helps me stay awake at least! :thumbup:

Hope everyone gets some much needed sleep tonight :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->