Sleepless Nights Support Thread

Oh my god Paddy 4.30am for getting up time????NO DEAL!!!:sleep::dohh::wacko:

Last night was another better night. Olivia woke at 1.30am then 5.00am for feeds :). I am so happy and I hope it continues like this!!! xxx

sounds a lot like Logan on a good night! We moved him into his own room a couple of days ago, so far hes waking up as much as he was in our room, hopefully it will be easier for him to sleep through at some point as no distractions. Are youu finding your LO is waking less, or no change? Currently up feeding him now, being on the laptop helps me stay awake at least! :thumbup:

No change at the moment but I dont hear her moving around as much so I think that sometimes we may have been disturbing Olivia when we came to bed xx

can anyone tell me how to tell if my lo is having a growth spurt?!i remember when she was 3 months she slept for ages and i assumed that was,now she's 5 months and waking every two hours and people are telling me its a growth spurt!!so confused and tired lol x

Dexter woke up way more in a growth spurt, in his naps especially.

ok, Who took my lovely baby who sleeps from 7 - 4. He woke EVERY HOUR !!!!! its seems more cruel when u have a stretch of good sleeping then go back to this.

Yep this is how I feel!!

I am joining this thread, Olivia is really unsettled through the night at the mo. Lots of feeding and just general unsettled periods. She lays in her cot moaning and squirming but when I check on her, her eyes are closed. Leave her for about half an hour then she wakes up.

I wonder if she is suffering from trapped wind but once she has her last feed at night no matter how much I wind her nothing comes up!! Last night was not the worst night but she still woke up about 5 times :cry:

She has also taken to waking up at six, still tired and rubbing her eyes but will not go back to sleep until seven!!

Just found this thread and this post describes Myles last night - i am shattered!

mines 12 wks old and she usually still wakes 4 to 5 times a night for feeding aargggg!

mines 12 wks old and she usually still wakes 4 to 5 times a night for feeding aargggg!

Wow that's a lot...is she taking full feeds or does she just want to comfort suck? Does she sleep a lot during the day? How long between feeds does she go during the day?

Wow that's a lot...is she taking full feeds or does she just want to comfort suck? Does she sleep a lot during the day? How long between feeds does she go during the day?

she takes one or 2 full feeds at night but sometimes half and then wakes again for the other half,she doesnt nap really in the day cos she wont sleep unless rocked, in the day she goes 3hours beetween feeds and has 120mls, she weighs about 14lbs now at 12 wks.

she takes one or 2 full feeds at night but sometimes half and then wakes again for the other half,she doesnt nap really in the day cos she wont sleep unless rocked, in the day she goes 3hours beetween feeds and has 120mls, she weighs about 14lbs now at 12 wks.

Does she stop drinking after 120mls, even after being burped? To me, that doesn't sound like enough milk for a 14lb baby. Ruby was that weight at 12 weeks and took 180-220ml every 3 hours during the day. Have you tried a faster flowing teat, or cluster feeding her in the evening e.g 6pm, 8pm and 10pm, to get more milk into her before going to bed yourself?
However I have found 'the baby whisperer' Tracy Hogg's advice to be spot on, and she believes that the key to longer stretches of night time sleep is sensible amounts of day time sleep. (about 4 hours total, no longer than 2 hours at a time.) So I would really work on trying to get her to sleep in the day. I think you have to stop rocking her to sleep, putting her down awake and settling her in her cot /basket patting her and shushing her. It will probably be rough for a while but the sooner you break the habit of rocking her to sleep, the easier it will be, babies get more resistant to change the older they get.
Sorry if you have already tried all this btw.

ellow girls not been on here since before rachel was born, when she was 2 weeks old i started useing the johns bed time bath, wash, shampoo and cream (purple ones) ever since then she has slept from 10 at night until 8 in the morning, i do bath bottle bed routine. my sister in law used it with her little boy and since she started using it he slept through to. see if you can try it girls opefully it will work for u :) xx

Does she stop drinking after 120mls, even after being burped? To me, that doesn't sound like enough milk for a 14lb baby. Ruby was that weight at 12 weeks and took 180-220ml every 3 hours during the day. Have you tried a faster flowing teat, or cluster feeding her in the evening e.g 6pm, 8pm and 10pm, to get more milk into her before going to bed yourself?
However I have found 'the baby whisperer' Tracy Hogg's advice to be spot on, and she believes that the key to longer stretches of night time sleep is sensible amounts of day time sleep. (about 4 hours total, no longer than 2 hours at a time.) So I would really work on trying to get her to sleep in the day. I think you have to stop rocking her to sleep, putting her down awake and settling her in her cot /basket patting her and shushing her. It will probably be rough for a while but the sooner you break the habit of rocking her to sleep, the easier it will be, babies get more resistant to change the older they get.

yeah she stops after being burped and wont take any more, even if she finishes a bottle she will still not sleep longer than 2 and half hrs at a time at night, i have just got that book it got delivered today, im hoping for a result after ive read it.

ive started the shh ing and trying not to rock her to sleep, ihave made a rule up of cuddling for 15mins and then put in cot awake or half asleep, it took 1 hr and 20mins last night to get her to sleep.
do u think i should leave her if she starts screaming when i put her to bed at night?
thanks for the advice:thumbup:

yeah she stops after being burped and wont take any more, even if she finishes a bottle she will still not sleep longer than 2 and half hrs at a time at night, i have just got that book it got delivered today, im hoping for a result after ive read it.

ive started the shh ing and trying not to rock her to sleep, ihave made a rule up of cuddling for 15mins and then put in cot awake or half asleep, it took 1 hr and 20mins last night to get her to sleep.
do u think i should leave her if she starts screaming when i put her to bed at night?
thanks for the advice:thumbup:

Never do the cry it out method! In the book it is explained why, and it makes perfect sense to me. OK so some people on here say it works for them, but personally that is not how I want to do things...anyway once you've read the book you'll probably get why it's not a good idea.
Stick with the BW advice. You'll have to persevere over a week or so. It's not an instant miracle, but a long term common sense plan. Good luck :)

arrrrrggggghhh it has been nearly 2 weeks and Dex gets up 3-5 times a night for about an hour each time and it is getting worse not better. I am getting 3 hours sleep a night (broken) If I am lucky then he is up by five and is barely napping in the day. arrrrrggggghhhh

hi guys... im new here so i haven't been able to read all the posts yet... but i thought i'ld tell you a little about my problem...
i have a 10 month old son and since i was 7 months pregnant i have been going through a marriage break up (we are now back together and things are settling down) and a bad bout of depression. so as soon as my son was born all i wanted was to cuddle him and have him close to me as i felt i was loosing everything and i couldnt loose him... but unfortunately now he is in the habbit of sleeping with me and being cuddled all night and i cant get him to sleep in his cot... he wakes up ever 2-4 hours just for cuddles even when i have him in bed with me he wakes every 2 hours to make sure i am still there...
i finally think i have sorted out a rutine and sleeping longer then he gets sick and we are back to him waking every hour....
please help with any suggestions as most night i just break down crying thinking i have stuffed everything up...

can sleep deprivation make you feel constantly dizzy?
ive been feeling dizzy since saturday night, and although ive been tired since having my lo, ive not had this before. its now thursday and i still feel like this, feel like im drunk but it comes and goes in waves. also my legs feel quite weak.
do you think its sleep deprivation kicking in? xx

ive been feeling dizzy since saturday night, and although ive been tired since having my lo, ive not had this before. its now thursday and i still feel like this, feel like im drunk but it comes and goes in waves. also my legs feel quite weak.

im not sure, im in the same boat as you, mines 13 wks, wakes 4 or 5 times a night every 2 hours ish.:cry:

arrghh so its 4.44am an im awake in the living room, its gotten to the point where ive tried everything! she doesnt want cuddles, shes had a bottle shes just wide awak!!! arghhhhh!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks again Sophie for the advice on Cameron's cold......

So, it's 1:01am, and I should be sleeping, but I've been so stressed, and I have 5 bottles of breastmilk in the fridge and I'm enjoying some beer with my hubby!! Yum yum yum! I know it's going to be a sleepless night, so I figure may as well have some fun with it waiting for my poor little one to wake up to eat. Beer is good right now!! :)

sounds like iron deficiency to me or low blood sugar. As you are awake more you probably need more calories. Try eating little but often. I snack on cashew nuts, oat cakes and bananas. Keep a stash next to wherever you are awake in the night. Also loads of water.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->