Sleepless Nights Support Thread

Pleasssssssseeeeeeeee just one nights full sleep.......thats all i ask for!!!:tease::tease::sick::grr::loopy:

Pleasssssssseeeeeeeee just one nights full sleep.......thats all i ask for!!!:tease::tease::sick::grr::loopy:

Know that feeling!!!

:hugs: ladies

It was my birthday yesterday and so for that my OH decided to sleep with LO in the spare room so I could get a full nights sleep (LO does usually sleep in his own room but OH decided he may not hear him!) ... well I woke about 5 times, out of habit me thinks, that pissed me off royally!

Ben is sleeping although hes waking briefly, moaning and I go in put a dummy in and hes off again at about 4am then he decides he'll moan louder. I havent been feeding him til about 5:30/6am cos I dont want him in a habit... I just cant get him to sleep those few extra hours. Going to bed at night is fine he drops off on his own accord.

Oh what has happened my son, he's turned into the child that NEVER sleeps!! He'll have a few hours in the day...but split into short naps. i wear he power naps lol

Then last night finally got him to sleep ay 10:30, he was up again at 12 for maybe 45 mins. Then he got up at 3 till 6 wtf?? tried just putting him down but he screamed, sp ended up having to hold him. he then slept for bout 50 mins n has been up since!!

HELP...not sure how much more I can take. He's so cling to, get nothing done as when i put him down he cries

Does anyone else have a baby that when they sleep they are sooooooooooo noisey? Paddy is constantly chunnering on in his sleep! I dunno which is worse, him not sleeping or sleeping and talking! x

lucylu84 = :hug: I dont know what to suggest babe, he is still little so probably finding his pattern - although going about it totally the wrong way :s

shampain = yeah Ben does too thats why he was in his won room from a few weeks old - he was waking us up then we were waking him up etc etc.

Gwiz...yes he is doing it all wrong! Lol
Think he heard my complaining cos he was an angel last night lol Woke up at 1 and then at 5, but fed and went straight back to sleep. Feel much more refreshed today...tired but not deathly tired! :D

Shampain.... my little one is such a noisey sleeper to, grunting away. I just can't bear to put him in another room yet

Just need to rant. I live with my in-laws and they do my head in! Always saying something or another. I love it when they help but they don't always because they have to do housework but I can't stand the comments. It's been 29 years since they last had a baby but the way they say stuff makes me feel like a bad mother!

My little boy seems to settle ok generally but last night he just wouldn't. He's asleep now and I'm about to head off for a lie down but I know as soon as I put my head down he'll wake up. I do hope this phase passes soon.

Thank goodness for this thread.

Not been in here before, but I have to stop kidding myself that the nights are ok.

Early on whenever anyone asked how we were coping with the sleepless nights I was saying, with all honesty, that the nights were fine and that Jack only woke once. For the first 4~ weeks (not sure now) this was true. He was cluster feeding all evening and finally going to bed around 11 and waking once at 4.30. Then we started putting him to bed at 9 and giving him a dreamfeed at 11 and that worked great for a while.

But somewhere down the line it changed and he started waking twice. It coincided with the heat wave I think, so we started putting him to bed in just his nappy and a fan on and it improved a bit, but not totally. Now he is going to bed in a sleepsuit again, seeing as it's cooler again, but he wakes 2-3 times after being put to bed between 8.30 and 9pm.

I'm exhausted and fed up :cry:

My son is 3.5 weeks old, the first 2 were wonderful. Now it's clear he has issues! And I'm exhausted!! My mom's been staying with us since he was born...sadly she's leaving today and going back home (she lives in another province). I'm sad. She's the one that gives me breaks to sleep now. I'm not sure what I'll do when she's gone. He's not a good sleeper now...seems like he can stay awake the whole night! Will sleep for a few minutes here and there.
Just can't take it...so exhausted!!

Ed's sleep has completely changed. For the past week he hasn't been settling until at least 10.30pm and then waking every hour until I give in and get him into my bed. I can't do it any more :nope: Geoff tries to settle him and he won't have any of it so he will take him for a walk, this used to work but doesn't any more. I have been in floods of tears every night this week because I'm exhausted and I just want him to sleep. I can see it in his face that he's not getting enough sleep, I really don't think I can do it any more :cry:

:hugs: bubbles. I don't know what to suggest but I really hope it is a passing phase and gets better soon.

Oh Bubbles :hug: have u had a chat with the HV? Give her a ring and she may pop over for you :) Hang in babe

xxxx

Looks like i'm joining this club! Phoebe used to sleep through the night but recently she is awake every 2 hours after midnight and i'm shattered. Last night she was awake at 1am, 3am, and between 4am and 6am she just cried. When we put her to bed she is fine and settles herself but from midnight she is a nightmare.

It must be catching, Molly has been waking about 5-6 times a night too.

Last night was a bit better, she cried out twice but I managed to settle her until she woke up at 7am this morning. I'm convinced its her teeth coming through and she is in pain but we have tried everything to soothe them for her.

Last night was a bit better, she cried out twice but I managed to settle her until she woke up at 7am this morning. I'm convinced its her teeth coming through and she is in pain but we have tried everything to soothe them for her.
Glad it was better hun, Molly woke up about every 2 hours x

Think I may be joining this club if we have another bad night. Olivia has been getting up as many as 6 times a night and I am very tired now. Hopefully tonight will be better!!!

:hugs: Happy. Has she had her 4 month growth spurt yet? It's a killer, the worst one by far. But everyone I know who got through it without mistaking it for weaning time said it gets much better generally once they come through it, everything, feeding, sleeping, the works.

Jack is teething too, which wakes him more at night. All you can do is give them something for it (Ashtons/bonjela/dentinox/calpol), cuddle them and put them back down.

We're doing a bit better. Seems the 4 month growth spurt is easing off now but the teeth are still a bother some nights.

Omg i am soooooooo tired! 3 hours sleep in total is not enough *yawns* Dunno what was wrong with him last night but he just wouldn't sleep! Little monster is sound a sleep now tho ...maybe i should go nap

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->