Sleepless Nights Support Thread

I think the key is waking them regularly during the day, personally I wouldn't let him sleep for more than maybe 3 hours in one go in the day. Make sure you offer feeds regularly, but obviously you can't keep him awake for very long if he wants to sleep.

It's really hard, I'm in the same situation. Esme (11 days old) sleeps all day and even though I wake her up for feeds every 3 hours, she falls asleep after about 5-10mins and will not be woken up no matter how bright, loud and stimulating the environment is. Then come 9pm she wakes up and is hungry where she's not fed much during the day, so feeds every hour or so til about 4/5am. She'll drop-off if I hold her but as soon as I put her down, her eyes snap open and she starts crying so she's literally awake solidly from 9pm - 4/5am.

It's totally exhausting and now my OH has gone back to work, it's me that's up all night, averaging 3 hours sleep every 24hrs. I'm so scared I'll fall asleep and drop her or suffocate her as I'm shattered and at night when I'm trying to keep the room dark and quiet to settle her, it's so hard to stay awake for hours on end.

I feel your pain :cry:

Els x

I feel your pain everyone!! Kian is nearly 10 months old and has only slept through twice!!! Last night was the worst ever - he woke up crying every 20 minutes!! I'm soooooooooooooooooo tired - I can't take much more of no sleep!!

:coffee:

LO sleeps a little during the day, but not for long periods and not much at all from 10pm onwards, i dont know how hes not totally shattered! Got about an hours sleep last nite and night before :( Someone please tell me it will eventually get better :cry:

LO sleeps a little during the day, but not for long periods and not much at all from 10pm onwards, i dont know how hes not totally shattered! Got about an hours sleep last nite and night before :( Someone please tell me it will eventually get better :cry:

id like to say it does but it didnt until 1 month ago for me my lo is 6 months and up until last month she was up every 2hrs still.:coffee:

but thats probley a one off!

Daisy is only 6 days old but seems to sleep a lot in the day and be awake a lot at night. She's breastfeeding every 2 hours and I am finding it tiring but at the end of my pregnancy I had obstetric cholestasis and it is sooooo much nicer being kept awake by a sweet, lovely snuggly newborn than it was to be kept awake all night by awful itching! Even though I'm equally as tired, this tired feels so much better :)!

id like to say it does but it didnt until 1 month ago for me my lo is 6 months and up until last month she was up every 2hrs still.:coffee:

but thats probley a one off!

Austin is 6 mos old and is still up every 2-3 hours a night. Last night he was up every 45 minutes. :dohh: DH goes back to work tomorrow morning, so no more night help for me. He's got his 6mo appt today so hoping the doc will have some insight for me. :coffee:

Every baby is different and you just never know what you're baby will do. My LO was up every 2 hours when he was first born at certain points. He's now 10 weeks old and we've had 5 nights recently where he's had a bottle at 930 slept until 4-5am, taken a bottle and then back down until 730-800. To me, its a bit of a waiting game and slowly but surely they all get better, some quicker than others.

Myles kept me awake half the night last night, he has figured out how to turn over in his sleeping bag now and keeps kicking his mobile and changing the tune!!! Little horror LOL!!

I feel your pain girls!

Evie stays awake most of the night too and sleeps all day! We've tried keeping her awake during the day but it's virtually impossible as she'll just nod off at the drop of a hat. Most of the time she'll be half asleep while changing her bum!

hey girls. im joining you.

callum is 4 days old now and seems to have day and night mixed up.

he just wont settle on a night unless he is in someones arms, im so scared im gonna fall asleep with him.

during the day he was great yest fed every 3 hrs or so, slept in his moses basket in between.

Abigail is two and a half weeks old and is becoming morenad more wakeful! Right now she is in the lounge in her vibrating rocker as all attempts to put her down in her Moses basket have ended in her crying. She even grizzles when I am holding her on my lap. In the vibrating rocker she is wide awake showing no signs of sleeping but at least she is content! It seems like it is going to be forever until she sleeps through the night or has a routine. I know she is way to young at the moment but it is hard not being able to get her to settle before midnight each evening.

Well it's almost 5am and he's been awake almost two hours. Generally, he's a good night sleeper, but still wakes every 3hrs for his feeds... which is frustrating because he's getting enough milk during the days and has porridge too, so he shouldn't be hungry. Anyways, currently, he has oral thrush (due to his omemprazole apparently) and a sore throat (which can also be down to him taking omemprazole apparently) and it's disturbing his sleep. I can cope with him being awake now, because he's a bit poorly. But I really wish we could figure out the night feeds.

*yawns* hello all .. I need help .. Jax is 7wks old & the 1st 4 wks he woke every 1/2 hrs during night , then weeks 5 he started going every 3 1/2 hours at night & also upped his milk from 4oz to 5oz , & now week 6 he started waking every hour at night again, & has now reduced his milk in take to 3oz per feed.
The only time i can get him to feed 4oz or possibly 5oz is if i've been out in pram & he's had a long sleep, If we dont go in pram it dont happen *sigh*

I really need some sleep! Its giving me migraines again waking up so much at night .

Last night he had 3oz at 10pm went to bed at 11pm, he had 2oz & fell asleep til 1am where he grizzled for an hour til 2am, fed 3oz fell asleep til 3am, rocked him to sleep again, then he woke at 4am grizzling til 5.15am eventually falling asleep til 8am where he took 3oz.

Since 8am he's had 2oz about half 9 then 3oz at 12 . There is just no pattern at all , Im seriously getting fed up with it now *sigh*

im so tired i feel ill! LO been up on and off all night and the night before :(

was awake 2nyts in a row 3rd nyt i completly knoked out lo cried 4 abwt 10 mins n i didn hear a thing, od had 2 cum up n wake me...feel lyk im rele lettin him dwn :(

I'm back again, after a few weeks of only one night feed Myles has now decided to wake up at around 11 and then again around 2 or 3am for feeds, he stirs a lot in between too which keeps me awake as I hear him on the monitor and I am a very light sleeper so even him moving wakes me :dohh: I am sooooooo tired I could :cry: I think I have had about 3 hours sleep in total, gonna have to go back to bed when DH gets up - thank god it's Saturday and he is home, *sigh*

I'm back again, after a few weeks of only one night feed Myles has now decided to wake up at around 11 and then again around 2 or 3am for feeds, he stirs a lot in between too which keeps me awake as I hear him on the monitor and I am a very light sleeper so even him moving wakes me :dohh: I am sooooooo tired I could :cry: I think I have had about 3 hours sleep in total, gonna have to go back to bed when DH gets up - thank god it's Saturday and he is home, *sigh*

I am in the same boat as you, My lo is the same, fidgets all night keeping me awake, goes to bed at 6-30pm then feeds at 9pm ish and then wakes 12 ish for feed but ive managed to stop this feed but she fidgetss for an hour, then wakes at 3am fidgeting, then up for the day at 5.30am:sleep:

im sooo tired! i had 2 hrs sleep last night, i think shes given me a sleep problem cos by 1am im wide awake and havent slept yet, then about 2 i must nod od then she fidgets and im awake:cry:

Me too! It seems the fidgeting goes on and on, then stops eventually, then lo and behold, 20 mins later she wakes up and it's time for the next feed! :cry:

She's started not sleeping for longer than 15-20 mins here and there in the day either, I swear she doesn't sleep these mythical 18 odd hours that newborns are supposed to! Given half the chance I bloody would though! :winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->