Sleepless Nights Support Thread

At 2 weeks, it will not affect her night sleep. I didn't notice that causing problems until LO was around 6 months! Let her sleep.

If it's the actual basket that may be the problem, are you waiting until she is completely asleep to put her in? The difference is that her muscles will be completely limp and her eyes completely shut. If her muscles move/twitch when you put her down, she's not in a deep enough sleep. If her eyes twitch, also a sign to wait.

I used to make sure Alex was completely asleep (this can take 20 min!) before putting him down. That seemed to help.

Aside from that, they do just have their moments/personality. Have you started a bedtime routine? It may not take affect for several weeks (or months) but it's a great place to start. We do 2 songs, a story book, swaddle, then bottle.

At 2 weeks, it will not affect her night sleep. I didn't notice that causing problems until LO was around 6 months! Let her sleep.

If it's the actual basket that may be the problem, are you waiting until she is completely asleep to put her in? The difference is that her muscles will be completely limp and her eyes completely shut. If her muscles move/twitch when you put her down, she's not in a deep enough sleep. If her eyes twitch, also a sign to wait.

I used to make sure Alex was completely asleep (this can take 20 min!) before putting him down. That seemed to help.

Aside from that, they do just have their moments/personality. Have you started a bedtime routine? It may not take affect for several weeks (or months) but it's a great place to start. We do 2 songs, a story book, swaddle, then bottle.

Thanks for the advice, its nice to speak to someone who's been there and knows! We're in USA at the mo and on our own so apart from over the phone we dont have any support, which is tough. As for bedtime routine we usually stick to last feed at 10pm then try and get her down so we can go to bed. It has been taking us anything fom 2-5 hours to get her down though, which is the problem!

I use to the the dummy off LO once he was in deep sleep, now he spits it out himself.

Please help :cry:

My LO use to go to bed at 6/7pm, dream feed at 10pm, woke for feed 3/4am then sleep till 6/7am which was great.

Now he doesn't seem to sleep at all and this has been going on for over a week or so :cry:

Tonight he went to bed at 6pm and now we have been constantly in and out of his room, putting his dummy back in and switching on either the mobile or sea horse, then 10mins later he is crying out for us and the process starts all over again.

He use to be swaddled until today as he was getting increasingly frustrated and would still wake continually through the night. Last night hubby ended up sleeping on the floor in his room from 4am, so he can keep putting the dummy back in as LO was always waking when it fell out, he also has lots of wind.

We are weaning him and he has been having porridge for breakfast and veg for dinner, but since he has been getting more wind, we didn't give him any veg to see if this makes any difference.

We are at our wits end with what to do and at this rate it is putting me off ever having another baby. I just wish he would go back to his 3/4am feed.

well today is my birthday and during the night lo was so excited for me he woke up to wish me happy birthday at 10pm, 1am, 3am and 5am! he must really love me lol!

Urgh. Just urgh.

I'm ill and could do without waking at 1 & 4:30. But it could be worse I suppose!

Happy birthday stevie x :flower:

an improvement i suppose, charlie went in his cot at 11.20 and slept till 2.10' fed till 2.20 back in his cot till 3.30, fed till 4.20 then woke us both up filling his nappy at 5.10, is now just feeding back to sleep. Looks bad written down but those odd bits of sleep have been lovely and it's the first time he's ever slept for any amount of time in his cot :)

Please help :cry:

My LO use to go to bed at 6/7pm, dream feed at 10pm, woke for feed 3/4am then sleep till 6/7am which was great.

Now he doesn't seem to sleep at all and this has been going on for over a week or so :cry:

Tonight he went to bed at 6pm and now we have been constantly in and out of his room, putting his dummy back in and switching on either the mobile or sea horse, then 10mins later he is crying out for us and the process starts all over again.

He use to be swaddled until today as he was getting increasingly frustrated and would still wake continually through the night. Last night hubby ended up sleeping on the floor in his room from 4am, so he can keep putting the dummy back in as LO was always waking when it fell out, he also has lots of wind.

We are weaning him and he has been having porridge for breakfast and veg for dinner, but since he has been getting more wind, we didn't give him any veg to see if this makes any difference.

We are at our wits end with what to do and at this rate it is putting me off ever having another baby. I just wish he would go back to his 3/4am feed.
no idea what to suggest i'm afraid, no experience with weaning so don't know the effects. Hope it gets better for you soon x

Jani - weaning can cause more night wakings as they aren't used to digesting the food. Hopefully he'll grow out of it soon, or maybe stop solids for a week or two and then try again? Maybe his belly isn't ready for it yet? :shrug:

Jani - weaning can cause more night wakings as they aren't used to digesting the food. Hopefully he'll grow out of it soon, or maybe stop solids for a week or two and then try again? Maybe his belly isn't ready for it yet? :shrug:

Even though LO chops down on his food, i think you might be right. Im going to see the HV today, if i don't then i will stop the weaning process for a while.

Thank you :flower:

hi wonder if any one has any advice for me

my lo will be 21 weeks tomos since the start of november he has started waking in the nite he used to sleep 9 till 6 which was great
he wakes 3 to 4 times a nite i started a bed time routine with him to c if that would work as he would not settle on his own in his cot either
he started to settle awake at nite a couple of weeks ago at 8pm which gave me and hubby some time together but hes still wakes 3 to 4 times wanting feeding i exclusivly breastfed
he has now started the last 2 nites not settling in his cot unless im in the room with him. my husband went to c to him last nite and he screamed until i went up to him

this is our nite pattern at the mo

8pm bed
10pm wake crying
10.30 settle bake
1am wake again
1.30 settle back
3-4 wake again
6ish wake again

i just dont kno what to do
:flower:
sorry about babbling on

my lo will be 21 weeks tomos since the start of november he has started waking in the nite he used to sleep 9 till 6 which was great
he wakes 3 to 4 times a nite i started a bed time routine with him to c if that would work as he would not settle on his own in his cot either
he started to settle awake at nite a couple of weeks ago at 8pm which gave me and hubby some time together but hes still wakes 3 to 4 times wanting feeding i exclusivly breastfed
he has now started the last 2 nites not settling in his cot unless im in the room with him. my husband went to c to him last nite and he screamed until i went up to him

8pm bed
10pm wake crying
10.30 settle bake
1am wake again
1.30 settle back
3-4 wake again
6ish wake again

sorry about babbling on

Looks like the four month regression. Some babies seem more sensitive to it than others but this is quite normal unfortunately, I'm not sure if your other kids went through it. You may have to wait it out for 3-4 weeks but it's just a massive growth spurt, lots of mental development at night, and he needs the food to keep going. Good luck!

Last night was heaven, sorry to brag. He went down at 6:30pm, woke at 7,7:30pm (had some gas), but that was before we went to bed so it doesn't count. Then he fed at 12:45 then up for the day at 5:20am!! OH and I even got a chance to :sex: before he was up!! Whooo hoo! I know that sounds like a brutal night for some, but for us it was quite the improvement! ONE night feed!!

cant wait for him to only wake up once
no my other two didnt go throu it its all new to me

some more sleep wud be great lol

8pm bed
10pm wake crying
10.30 settle bake
1am wake again
1.30 settle back
3-4 wake again
6ish wake again

sorry about babbling on

Looks like the four month regression. Some babies seem more sensitive to it than others but this is quite normal unfortunately, I'm not sure if your other kids went through it. You may have to wait it out for 3-4 weeks but it's just a massive growth spurt, lots of mental development at night, and he needs the food to keep going. Good luck!

Last night was heaven, sorry to brag. He went down at 6:30pm, woke at 7,7:30pm (had some gas), but that was before we went to bed so it doesn't count. Then he fed at 12:45 then up for the day at 5:20am!! OH and I even got a chance to :sex: before he was up!! Whooo hoo! I know that sounds like a brutal night for some, but for us it was quite the improvement! ONE night feed!!

Hey hun, great night! I read this a lot but have never posted. My LO is about a month younger than yours and a very frequent waker. Do you think anything in particular has suddenly made your LO sleep better? Or do you think it's an age thing?

8pm bed
10pm wake crying
10.30 settle bake
1am wake again
1.30 settle back
3-4 wake again
6ish wake again

sorry about babbling on

Hey hun, great night! I read this a lot but have never posted. My LO is about a month younger than yours and a very frequent waker. Do you think anything in particular has suddenly made your LO sleep better? Or do you think it's an age thing?

I'm not sure. We *did* start baby-led weaning this week but I don't think he's eating any more than he did with the jars. I think with every growth spurt (weeks of 1-2 hour wakings!) he sleeps just a bit longer each time :) :) No teething right now helps! lol!

That sounds good. I've not noticed anything after growth spurts, well I don't think I have anyway! My LO has pretty much been a 2-hourly waker since birth. Occasionally we'll get 3 hours but rarely! I'm just hoping with age it will come. Especially since on odd occasions he'll settle himself back to sleep, this is new so any progress is good!

At 5 month I really did start to see some improvement, hope it happens for you soon too! If he's re-settled a few times that's a great step forward :)

Yes exactly - I'm sure it won't be too long. I think he's definitely calmer and I feel like we're moving forward and if all else fails at least I have co-sleeping and my boobs!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->