Sleepless Nights Support Thread

haha you might not say that if you could see the state of me this morning! Abbys at her grannys today so Ailah and me are on the sofa and i have no intention of getting dressed anytime soon lol xx

we're all still in pjs too! It's causing problems between me and oh though. I swear to god, if he says to me one more time 'well what are we going to do about it? It's not right this' in a really challenging accusatory tone of voice I won't be held responsible for my actions. Wtf? I've had the answer to making a bad sleeper into a good sleeper all along, just wanted to keep it a secret. What a question to ask. Xx

charlie has been asleep since 11.20 and instead of sleeping i'm sat here staring at him in awe of how beautiful he is! Stupid eh? Xx

charlie has been asleep since 11.20 and instead of sleeping i'm sat here staring at him in awe of how beautiful he is! Stupid eh? Xx

Haha I think you've done that before?? Get some rest :coffee: Hope the night goes well for you!

Jayden just woke up, looked like he had slept for a month, never seen eyes so wide open, started making OOOOOOH noises, i went to the loo came back and he was sparko! but for how long?!!

We've been trying to get Poppy to sleep since 10. We've done everything, literally everything, and still she cries and cries...2 times I thought finally, we've done it, she's settled in her cot and asleep, only for her to wake up 10 mins later and cry and scream.

I really don't know how much more of this I can take. Night after night she's getting harder and harder to put down. I'm so tired. All I do now is spend all day dreading bedtime. I even wondered earlier if having a baby was really a good decision, and now I feel awful about it. How could I think something like that? She's not even that bad, once she's asleep she usually stays asleep till morning, but these 4+ hours trying to get her to sleep are really taking their toll.

I can't do this anymore. Someone tell me it gets better. :cry:

Hubby has taken her downstairs for a few mins (I can still hear her crying... :( ). I just don't see her going to sleep tonight. I've calmed down a little now though...

I just have a question...when she's crying really hard, and we've tried everything else, is it ok just to cuddle her? For some reason, I keep thinking I'm doing something wrong by just cuddling her, like it's cuddling it out or something? I've been feeding her to sleep the last few nights (takes ages though, and it's a habit I didn't want to get into) but not even that's working tonight...a few times it's been almost like she's cried herself to sleep in my arms. I feel awful for it. Will it be bad for her?

I just feel like I have no clue what I'm doing. I'm totally useless.

of course it's fine to cuddle her hun, cuddle away. She clearly needs it. I honestly wouldn't worry about bad habits. In fact i hate that term when it comes babies x

Preggyeggy - if cuddling her helps, then do it. There's nonpoint in prolonging it by not cuddling her. I hope she grows out of it, a lot of babies go through a really fussy bedtime stage - I too thought I'd made a huge mistake until around 4 months! The crying really gets you down :hugs:

Well LO went down well at 7pm and just woke up at 4am. 5mins whinging, checked, 2 mins whinging then fell asleep. Hoping she stays that way until the morning now.

Hope you're all having a good night :flower:

When DD2 had an alright night last night, up at 11 and 2, fed the second time round, she then slept through until 7....BUT DD1 had a nightmare at about 4 and cried sobbed for about 45 minutes :dohh: typical or what!! I really sometimes feel like they are plotting against me....how was everyone elses night? xxx

not too bad, between going to bed at 11.20 and getting up for the day at 6 he woke twice, at 1.30ish and 3.30ish i think. Loads better than the night before! Xx

Not been on for a while, hello all! :hi: no real change here, still mostly 2 hourly or less night wakings. Have seen a cranial osteopath today so who knows :haha: hope you're all ok? :hugs:

we're all still in pjs too! It's causing problems between me and oh though. I swear to god, if he says to me one more time 'well what are we going to do about it? It's not right this' in a really challenging accusatory tone of voice I won't be held responsible for my actions. Wtf? I've had the answer to making a bad sleeper into a good sleeper all along, just wanted to keep it a secret. What a question to ask. Xx

SJ - same here, hubby driving me fricking mental with this :dohh::dohh::dohh:

I think I need to return my baby. He's obviously a defective model. ;)
He was up every 2 hours last night and then at 5 am decided to cry any time he was put into his crib, but would fall asleep the instant he was picked up. After getting up with him all night, I simply couldn't deal with him any more and made my OH take him.

defective but absolutely gorgeous :D I figured something today. It may be coincidence but everyone i've spoken to who has a good sleeper has also said their baby cries a lot during the day, whereas everyone with a frequent waker has said their lo is mellow and chilled out. Wonder if there's anything in that? Charlie is certainly very relaxed and sociable x

Not been on for a while, hello all! :hi: no real change here, still mostly 2 hourly or less night wakings. Have seen a cranial osteopath today so who knows :haha: hope you're all ok? :hugs:

SJ - same here, hubby driving me fricking mental with this :dohh::dohh::dohh:
do they think we do it on purpose? It makes my blood boil honestly! Xx

im new to this site but i cant belive how many people are going thru the same thing with their baby and oh! i felt like the only one been so depressed , everyone else i know seem to have babies that sleep! jake very rarely goes more than 2hrs at a time without waking up and yes he is a very chilled out baby in the day. his 6 months old and im sure he should be getting better by now! just put a different thread on about taking his dummy away, were trying that now to see if it makes a difference but having to deal with hysterical screaming in the night now :(

sjminimac - You may be on to something. Gabriel has always been a super easy baby aside from not letting me get any sleep.
tammy - I feel for you. We were very lucky that we only had to use the pacifier to get Gabriel to fall asleep initially and I always took it away as soon as he was asleep and he never needed it for his night wakings. He also just stopped wanting it at 4 months, so I never had to try and wean him off of it.

LO slept from 8 - 5 then cried eevery half houir till 10 then we must have went back cause we woke up at 10 !

tonight, he went down about 7.45 and at 8.40 he was awake ! :(

defective but absolutely gorgeous :D I figured something today. It may be coincidence but everyone i've spoken to who has a good sleeper has also said their baby cries a lot during the day, whereas everyone with a frequent waker has said their lo is mellow and chilled out. Wonder if there's anything in that? Charlie is certainly very relaxed and sociable x

Haha well, mine cried all day and was a horrid sleeper, but then got more pleasant and become better at sleeping. I think the little ones just want to throw a wrench in any theory just to confuse us.

Well, great sleep (1x waking) for a week but he's got a new skill to practice so we were up from 230-4 but that's not too bad in the grand scheme of things

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->