Sleepless Nights Support Thread

defective but absolutely gorgeous :D I figured something today. It may be coincidence but everyone i've spoken to who has a good sleeper has also said their baby cries a lot during the day, whereas everyone with a frequent waker has said their lo is mellow and chilled out. Wonder if there's anything in that? Charlie is certainly very relaxed and sociable x

Haha well, mine cried all day and was a horrid sleeper, but then got more pleasant and become better at sleeping. I think the little ones just want to throw a wrench in any theory just to confuse us.

Aliss I think you're so right and I love your relaxed attitude. I have started to be A LOT more relaxed about things, with the help of my hubby who is amazingly patient. LO has had really challenging nights the last 2 nights - up every hour (sometimes only 20mins before he woke!) in the evening and then tonight I go and prepare myself for the same thing and he's been asleep nearly 2 hours. Just never know what to expect! The night previous to the 2 horrible nights he did 4 hours, then 3 hours! He'd never slept 4 hours before in his life! So now I have no theory and I just go with whatever he wants me to give him (which usually includes a boob...!). haha :)

well he's asleep in his cot, went down at 9.23. Normally...nope scratch that, he's awake

well he's asleep in his cot, went down at 9.23. Normally...nope scratch that, he's awake

He has a little sensor chip in his brain that goes off when you try and sit down or relax. Mine has the same. I suspect a hospital conspiracy!!!

up at 9.49 :shrug: :cry: i don't know what it is! He's fast asleep and floppy when i put him in his cot but he just wakes up! I put him to the breast, he feeds for a bit then we start the whole process again!

Gabriel has been doing that the last two nights. He wakes as soon as he's in the crib. Last night I finally put him in his swing in the living room with me and let him fall asleep in that. Waited another 15 min and then transferred him to his crib.

sjminimac - I hope your LO will give you a break and drift of to sleep soon :hugs:

My Lo last night went to sleep at 7.30pm (can't remember why it was so late) so we decided not to give him a dreamfeed, he woke at 1.30am for a feed, the 4am but only needed a dummy, then 5am again a dummy needed, then we all woke at 8am!!!!! So rather a better night then we expected, but we feel even more worse for it :dohh:

he's been fast asleep since 10.10, this may sound really stupid but i think it's because we've switched off the night light x

I feel for you all. It's ten past eleven and Dylan is still awake. He slept for a good three hours and I thought maybe we were in for a good night, but boy was I mistaken. He hasn't had a good night's sleep for days, and he's such a grouchy bubba at the moment. More fool me for thinking teething would be a piece of cake. He's in so much pain and he's had us up well into the small hours the last few nights. The poor little thing needs to be cut a break, and we all need some sleep :(

I feel for you all. It's ten past eleven and Dylan is still awake. He slept for a good three hours and I thought maybe we were in for a good night, but boy was I mistaken. He hasn't had a good night's sleep for days, and he's such a grouchy bubba at the moment. More fool me for thinking teething would be a piece of cake. He's in so much pain and he's had us up well into the small hours the last few nights. The poor little thing needs to be cut a break, and we all need some sleep :(
:hugs: x

so he made it till 11.25, an hour and 15, now feeding again. Don't mind so much as 11.30 is normally what time he first goes to sleep so me and hubby have had some time to just chat tonight without getting stressed about charlie waking up. Lets hope the next bit of sleep is a bit longer still x

We're still awake and going strong. Seeing as you've got one down, fancy popping over and working your magic on this one? :D

there's no magic going on here trust me! Feeding again 1.15 x

well. A rubbish night again culminating in me getting up with him at 5.30 after he'd been awake for an hour. Am i doing something wrong? People keep telling me to formula feed or give him baby rice before bed - he's only 18wks old and ebf! I'm so so so tired... :cry:

awww poor you sjminimac. i dont think formula or rice would help to be honest. your not doing anything wrong. have you ever tried to settle charlie without feedign him? maybe he is waking so often to feed out of habit as its what he expects? i dont mean leaving him to cry or anything, but cuddles and a dummy till he goes back to sleep? when charlie wakes up and i dont want to feed him, i swaddle him, hold him and put his dummy in and just wait till he falls asleep. he cries, and it may take 10 mins for him to drop off but he does eventualy go to sleep.
hope you get some better sleep soon x

he won't settle without feeding. I've always said i won't use a dummy because i just thought i'd make things worse. Should i try one? Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->