Sleepless Nights Support Thread

Ugh! :hugs: sjminimac
I have to rock Gabriel to sleep now. He used to fall asleep eating and I'd put him in the crib. Now he'll fall asleep eating, but if I try and put him in the crib he wakes immediately and cries, so I have to rock him for 30+ min until he's deeply asleep to put him in the crib.
I have no idea why it's suddenly changed, but it means an hour of feeding/rocking to get him to sleep instead of just the 20-30 min of eating. The good news is he seems to be sleeping in 3 hour blocks to make up for it.

We're going through the exact same thing (feed to sleep, cries when he goes down, etc) although Alex is 3 months younger. Have no idea what the problem is, I wonder if it's a touch of separation anxiety? Temper tantrum for bed? I left him for an hour at the gym and he didn't care so I don't know.

LO is wiiiiide awake, just scoffed three ounces and I think he's trying for a poop now as well. He slept for 35 minutes earlier lol

the child will not sleep. He's been wide awake since 2.50am. Hubby has been evicted to the spare room. I tried to bring charlie into my bed to feed and then cosleep but he thought that was the most exciting thing in the world so started to kick his legs and do his dolphin squeal. Then he filled his nappy. I have now changed said nappy and put him in his cot with his dream show on. The dream show doesn't make him sleepy. He think that it's also the most exciting thing in the world. So he's kicking his legs and doing his dolphin squeal. And i'm on here looking for sanity x

the child will not sleep. He's been wide awake since 2.50am. Hubby has been evicted to the spare room. I tried to bring charlie into my bed to feed and then cosleep but he thought that was the most exciting thing in the world so started to kick his legs and do his dolphin squeal. Then he filled his nappy. I have now changed said nappy and put him in his cot with his dream show on. The dream show doesn't make him sleepy. He think that it's also the most exciting thing in the world. So he's kicking his legs and doing his dolphin squeal. And i'm on here looking for sanity x

Just out of curiousity, is he exposed to any tv in the day, music, lights, computer screens at night?? (ie 1 hr before bed-wakeup)

Just out of curiousity, is he exposed to any tv in the day, music, lights, computer screens at night?? (ie 1 hr before bed-wakeup)
We have the tv on downstairs yes but not in our bedroom so wouldn't think it'd be within an hour of bedtime but never really thought about it. Why do you ask? Do you think he's over-stimulated? x

i don't know what to do i feel really down, i can't carry on like this! I try to do stuff during the day to stop us both getting bored but how can i when my day starts at 3am? It's not possible for me to sleep when he sleeps because 80% of the time he sleeps on me and wakes the SECOND i put him down in his cot. He'll sleep in his moses basket sometimes but he's too big for it so that can't be good for him. When i do manage to sleep when he does i feel better for it. But it doesn't happen enough. I'm 'surviving' on approx 3 hours sleep a night and i'm getting to breaking point. I can't tell hubby how i feel really because he's stressed because his mum has just finished chemo but they've found another lump which they're removing today to do a biopsy on but we don't get the results till next week. It's just too much :cry:

awww sjminimac:hugs::hugs::hugs:

i feel for you i really do. i dont know what to suggest fo you. ive never done anything specific to help my lo sleep (he is also called charlie!) hes been awfull lately but seams to be getting a little better.
does your lo ever sleep for any length of time, say even for a couple of hours in one go?
i know cocoa who used to come on here had a lo who was similar and used to wake all night for boob, and she decided to cc, and now her lo sleeps through. though her lo was older then yours, and its understanable if you wouldnt want to do this, i said i was going to try it with my charlie but i never had the guts to do it!

i don't know what to do i feel really down, i can't carry on like this! I try to do stuff during the day to stop us both getting bored but how can i when my day starts at 3am? It's not possible for me to sleep when he sleeps because 80% of the time he sleeps on me and wakes the SECOND i put him down in his cot. He'll sleep in his moses basket sometimes but he's too big for it so that can't be good for him. When i do manage to sleep when he does i feel better for it. But it doesn't happen enough. I'm 'surviving' on approx 3 hours sleep a night and i'm getting to breaking point. I can't tell hubby how i feel really because he's stressed because his mum has just finished chemo but they've found another lump which they're removing today to do a biopsy on but we don't get the results till next week. It's just too much :cry:

Oh hun :nope::nope::nope::nope:

I have a friend at BF group going through a similar thing - their LO used to sleep through tbh but is now awake, and last night she was up 11pm - 7am :shock:

I know what you mean, because I had to get my mum and dad over (from Manc :haha:) once or twice a week so I could have an hours kip. Can do you some tea and sympathy or ditch the kids in a soft play lol :hugs::hugs::hugs:

my family are in manc too! Can't get then over for personal reasons. Will have to get hubby to take over when he's home tonight but he's home late because he's picking his mum up from hosp and staying with her till his dad finishes work x

my family are in manc too! Can't get then over for personal reasons. Will have to get hubby to take over when he's home tonight but he's home late because he's picking his mum up from hosp and staying with her till his dad finishes work x

:hugs:

We have the tv on downstairs yes but not in our bedroom so wouldn't think it'd be within an hour of bedtime but never really thought about it. Why do you ask? Do you think he's over-stimulated? x

When mine was your baby's age, we always had the TV on until a few minutes before bedtime and it turns out he was getting overstimulated. Some babies sleep just fine with it but some don't.

We turned off the TV whenever he was awake (from 6am-bedtime), I only had it on when he was napping and out of the room, and his sleep changed quite a lot for the better. I leave it on a quiet music radio (a tranquil/ocean sounds station)

Perhaps it's worth a try????

OH took LO this morning and I managed a good 6 hours sleep. Then LO decided to sleep for 4.5 hours! Why can't he do that at night instead of waking every hr screaming lol.

well he did 10-1 which is good for him, now feeding and really really filling himself so fingers crossed x

Morning sleepy mummys!!

Thought I may aswell join you - currently about to start my 3rd completely sleepless night :haha:

She goes down so well during the day, and up til now shes been great at night, going down at around 10pm, waking at around 2 then at 6 and going straight back down after, but the last 2 nights (and tronight i think) if shes not sucking my boob, shes screaming! If I do manage to get her off to sleep, she wakes screaming again the second I put her down! :(

charlie has really improved the last week or so. we havent done anything different. hes gone to bed the same time as he normaly does etc.
the last few nights, hes in bed at 8pm, and sleeps till 7am, with just 1 waking for a feed at about 3am!!!!!! this is such an improvement. afew weeks ago he was waking every hour in the evening, and then every 2/3 hours for the rest of the night.
i bet i have probably jinxed it now by saying hes doing well!
i dont know if he actualy needs the feed at 3am though. he appears hungry and downs 8oz, but he wont have his morning bottle. its like hes not hungry after the 3am feed! he used to feed at 1am too, but i decided that i wasnt going to feed him that early in the night anymore, and hes stoppped waking up now at that time, so im wondering if i stop feeding him at 3am if he will eventualy stop waking then too!
hope you ladies got some sleep lastnight x

my charlie did well last night, 10 till 1, 1.30 till 3ish, 3.20 till 6.50 :) x

wow thats good sjminimac! it makes a difference when you actualy get to sleep for more then an hour at a time doesnt it!

it really truly does! Think it has been the regression because he's changing the way he goes to sleep too, it used to always be feed to sleep, but now he alternates that with just snuggling into the crook of my arm, plus he's really working hard at rolling over and managed back to tummy again after his morning nap x

charlie has really improved the last week or so. we havent done anything different. hes gone to bed the same time as he normaly does etc.
the last few nights, hes in bed at 8pm, and sleeps till 7am, with just 1 waking for a feed at about 3am!!!!!! this is such an improvement. afew weeks ago he was waking every hour in the evening, and then every 2/3 hours for the rest of the night.
i bet i have probably jinxed it now by saying hes doing well!
i dont know if he actualy needs the feed at 3am though. he appears hungry and downs 8oz, but he wont have his morning bottle. its like hes not hungry after the 3am feed! he used to feed at 1am too, but i decided that i wasnt going to feed him that early in the night anymore, and hes stoppped waking up now at that time, so im wondering if i stop feeding him at 3am if he will eventualy stop waking then too!
hope you ladies got some sleep lastnight x
That's excellent. Well done charlie and well done mummy x

Last night was 9-12:30, then couldn't get him to sleep again until 1:30. Woke 15 min later and took another 30 min to get him back to sleep. Woke again at 3, so I gave up and took him into bed with me. :coffee:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->