Sleepless Nights Support Thread

Oh no . . oscars been waking up every 1 - 2 hours again the past 2 nights!! :cry: hes been up twice already and its only 10 30 (he went to bed at 8) hes just grizziling so i picked him up and a burp came up and put his dummy back in with some teething gel.

He was in bed with us all night last night and kept rubbing his cheeks on my chest and grizziling i think i had about 2 hours if that i am exhausted.

What is sleep regression and does it sound like his teeeth?

Hes also being v clingy which is unlike osc he screams as soon as i put him down and is constantly making a loud sucking/grunting/whingey noise when his dummys in??

Oh no . . oscars been waking up every 1 - 2 hours again the past 2 nights!! :cry: hes been up twice already and its only 10 30 (he went to bed at 8) hes just grizziling so i picked him up and a burp came up and put his dummy back in with some teething gel.

He was in bed with us all night last night and kept rubbing his cheeks on my chest and grizziling i think i had about 2 hours if that i am exhausted.

What is sleep regression and does it sound like his teeeth?

Hes also being v clingy which is unlike osc he screams as soon as i put him down and is constantly making a loud sucking/grunting/whingey noise when his dummys in??

Sleep regression I think is when they are learning so many new things that they wake often, I could be wrong - Dylan was always awake often anyway so I never really paid much attention :rofl:

Is he weaning yet? D is clingy when his gums bother him or at growth spurts x

OMG. My LO has been crying pretty much non stop since 8.30 this evening, no idea what is wrong, can only presume he has tummy ache as nothing else is settling him :-(

The only thing different is when he is going to latch on he isn't latching on properly and then gets himself all upset about it, I haven't changed anything I'm doing though :-S

He didn't sleep well last night either, kept waking every hour - 2 hours max so I am already v.tired and judging by the screaming I doubt I will get any sleep tonight either :-(

OH is away for the night so I'm on my own and to top it off my section scar split has re-opened with all of the picking up to try and soothe LO tonight, bad times :-(

Hi all, just joined here after exhausting all avenues. We probably arent alone but our five month old boy Jacob just wont sleep through the night at all, we have tried everything! Hes on solid foods and the heaviest aptimal milk, he's up at least three times a night now.

We've managed to get him off milk during the night and just give him a bit of juice.

Any miracle advice out there? :shrug:

Thanks

:thumbup:

Sadly its very individual - my brother for example only needed around 20mins sleep a night until he was at school.....literally, he went to sleep clinics and alsorts lol. They do gradually move their bedtime earlier from what I've seen, Dylan has been in bed for 730pm for a good while now, he gradually moved it earlier and earlier himself with no prompting from me. But sadly he was a 2 hourly waker up until recently and he is nearly 8 months now soo.......

Best thing (IMO) you can do is have a bedtime routine. It doesn't have to be a rigid thing, I'm not suggesting a schedule, but more of a set order you do things so it will cue LO for bedtime. Someone I know had it so well that all they had to do was close the blinds, and their LO yawned ready lol. Just something so they recognise "ahhhh, this means bedtime is next"...... does that make sense?

i tried lulling her to sleep after switching the lights iff and keeping only a small night lamp on. she slept a little quicker than usual. hope it works everytime!!

thanks again :flower:

Hi all, just joined here after exhausting all avenues. We probably arent alone but our five month old boy Jacob just wont sleep through the night at all, we have tried everything! Hes on solid foods and the heaviest aptimal milk, he's up at least three times a night now.

We've managed to get him off milk during the night and just give him a bit of juice.

Any miracle advice out there? :shrug:

Thanks

:thumbup:

No miracle advice - it's totally normal for him to not sleep through at 5 months. It sounds like he is not ready yet. Why juice? If he's still thirsty I would recommend water.

well, things are going from bad to worse here. charlies started waking at 5.30/6am. hes wide awake and wont go back to sleep. he still wakes in the night several times too. he ends up in our bed every night now, as he wont sleep in his cot. i still have to feed him once a night as again he wont settle usualy without a bottle at some point. to top it all off, hes now refusing to go bed. his usual bedtime is 8pm, and he usualy has his bottle and is fast off by the time hes finnished it. the past few nights however, he wont drink his bottle, and when i put him down in the cot he just screams. he only went to bed at 9pm.
so hes going to bed at 9pm, waking at 5.30/6am, with wakings in the night too. he hardly naps in the day. its a strugggle to get him to have 2 half hour naps. surely a 9 month old needs more sleep then this. im exhausted and just dont know what to do :-( im back at work now too!

So how does this work, iv been awake for the past 2 hours and cant go back to bed. Niamh keeps waking up you may think. No shes fast asleep in bed and havent heard a peep out of her since she went to bed at 6.30 :dohh:

So how does this work, iv been awake for the past 2 hours and cant go back to bed. Niamh keeps waking up you may think. No shes fast asleep in bed and havent heard a peep out of her since she went to bed at 6.30 :dohh:

:rofl: You might be the first in that predicament in this thread. Well I'm up too, but it's only 7:45pm here and LO is in bed so I'm just bored.

Crap isn't it like 4am where you are?? LOL!!! How about a nice movie then??? An herbal tea?

last night charlie slept 8pm till 6am with one wake up. Tonight he's hardly been asleep. He's windy and snotty, so i've been sat up in bed since 2am propping him up so he can get some sleep :(

Don't you always find you get one awesome night and one terrible one? My heart breaks for you :( Is it a cold?

last night charlie slept 8pm till 6am with one wake up. Tonight he's hardly been asleep. He's windy and snotty, so i've been sat up in bed since 2am propping him up so he can get some sleep :(
i must point out that last night is the first ever time charlie has slept through. And apparently the last.

i don't think it's a cold, he's not got a fever or anything. Can they get runny noses with teething? He keeps sniffing and choking :( poor man is exhausted x

feeling your pain right now ladies - my LO is as grouchy as my OH is hence why im on the sofa :(

Yes some do get runny noses with teething. Any drooling etc? Mine just got 2 new ones (8 total) so that explained his horrid sleeping last week.

Well, at least last night showed you he is capable. There are always good and bad nights, I suppose hopefully the night passes quickly and you can start 'fresh' tomorrow :(

feeling your pain right now ladies - my LO is as grouchy as my OH is hence why im on the sofa :(

Oh my 2 weeks :( I remember that well. Sitting on the couch all night with a screaming baby forever it seemed. Hopefully you can catch an hour or two in a row of sleep!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->