Sleepless Nights Support Thread

yeah lots of drooling, think it's 2 top teeth, he's had more poopies than normal too. Aye, fingers crossed tomorrow will be better. Just don't know when i'll get any sleep!

So how does this work, iv been awake for the past 2 hours and cant go back to bed. Niamh keeps waking up you may think. No shes fast asleep in bed and havent heard a peep out of her since she went to bed at 6.30 :dohh:

:rofl: You might be the first in that predicament in this thread. Well I'm up too, but it's only 7:45pm here and LO is in bed so I'm just bored.

Crap isn't it like 4am where you are?? LOL!!! How about a nice movie then??? An herbal tea?

Yep its 4am, iv done the pots, steralised her bottles, had a cup of tea and im sat watching a film. Im thinking its pointless going back to bed since she will be awake in 3 hours.

feeling your pain right now ladies - my LO is as grouchy as my OH is hence why im on the sofa :(

Oh my 2 weeks :( I remember that well. Sitting on the couch all night with a screaming baby forever it seemed. Hopefully you can catch an hour or two in a row of sleep!

The feeds are rolling into eachother now - he woke at 2am, was feeding and winding till 3, he has been restless and grizzly till 4am now he wants feeding. He is feeding every 2 hours, is this all normal behaviour? OH seems to think he is crying for attention and acting up and that we should let him cry it out and doesnt think he can be hungry this frequently?

Had to come downstairs else it would have been an argument with him saying something needs to change as he cant go on like this - its not my snoring that i can hear right now!

feeling your pain right now ladies - my LO is as grouchy as my OH is hence why im on the sofa :(

Oh my 2 weeks :( I remember that well. Sitting on the couch all night with a screaming baby forever it seemed. Hopefully you can catch an hour or two in a row of sleep!

The feeds are rolling into eachother now - he woke at 2am, was feeding and winding till 3, he has been restless and grizzly till 4am now he wants feeding. He is feeding every 2 hours, is this all normal behaviour? OH seems to think he is crying for attention and acting up and that we should let him cry it out and doesnt think he can be hungry this frequently?

Had to come downstairs else it would have been an argument with him saying something needs to change as he cant go on like this - its not my snoring that i can hear right now!

Your OH is wrong, it's 100% normal for newborns to need feeding every 30 min-2 hours. Believe me, we all had this argument between our OH's in those first few weeks, I think we screamed & yelled at each other for months. Just remember that a baby SO YOUNG needs food that frequently and has been curled up in a warm little ball it's whole life. What's it is going through right now is so unnatural for him. Have you tried a swaddle/swing/dark room,loud fan noise? At 2 weeks he doesn't know day/night :(

Just get through the days, that's all you can do. If you leave a 2 week old to cry, you will be leaving him to starve. And it won't feel natural for you - which is a good sign that it's not the right thing to do :)

(My OH wanted to leave him in the bathroom in his cradle to cry :shrug:) We never did, but I'm sure we all thought of it at that stage.

Its prefectly normal hun, when babys are first born their tummy is the size of a marble, it cant hold much. CIO if you choose to do it isent recomnded untill 6 months.

Hes spent the last 9 months in your tummy, hes never felt,hot, cold, hungry or alone untill he was born and it can be a bit scary for them.

I am glad its normal - i thought so anyway as he isnt old enough to know how to play us for attention poor bugger :(

generally he is fine, but we are having grizzly moments at night. Id sooner be sitting down here with him (hes fallen asleep just when his bottles ready, but im staying here what with the snoring and bad feeling lol). OH is ratty when he is tired and gets frustrated with him and its not nice to see as during the day he has so much patience!

I have a swaddle upstairs so i might try that tomorrow. Do i wake him up for his feed now or let him sleep, bearing in mind he has been awake since 2am ?

thank you for your support, just those words of reassurance seem like light at the end of the tunnel!

ill keep my butt down here for a while longer then! He usually wakes every 2 hours during the day but night time can be 3 and knowing my luck ill take him up and just nod off and he will wake up again :(

Hello all,

My little boy is 8 days old today and I wondered if I could share my sleep story and perhaps ask for advice....

Alfie goes to sleep in his moses basket after a feed usually for around 2-3hrs if lucky, when he wakes (this morning at 2am) I breast feed him, wind him a little if needed and try to wait for him to be fully asleep before moving him back into his basket, this is where it all goes wrong....He will not settle that 2nd time and every night since we brought him home I usually end up on the sofa with him. He loves to sleep on my feeding pillow which leads me to think that he prefers being slightly elivated, I asked a friend and she said her baby was the same and that she used to raise the head end of the matress a bit.

I was just wondering if anyone had experienced this, or am I ok to try to elivate the matress a bit, I am a first time mum and would hate to learn in years to come that I'd done something wrong from birth.

Many thanks for reading.

Lucy

I would try to put him back in his basket awake, it could be that hes getting disorientated by you moving him when hes asleep. He goes to sleep next to you but wakes up and your not there and hes been moved some where else.

Hello all,

My little boy is 8 days old today and I wondered if I could share my sleep story and perhaps ask for advice....

Alfie goes to sleep in his moses basket after a feed usually for around 2-3hrs if lucky, when he wakes (this morning at 2am) I breast feed him, wind him a little if needed and try to wait for him to be fully asleep before moving him back into his basket, this is where it all goes wrong....He will not settle that 2nd time and every night since we brought him home I usually end up on the sofa with him. He loves to sleep on my feeding pillow which leads me to think that he prefers being slightly elivated, I asked a friend and she said her baby was the same and that she used to raise the head end of the matress a bit.

I was just wondering if anyone had experienced this, or am I ok to try to elivate the matress a bit, I am a first time mum and would hate to learn in years to come that I'd done something wrong from birth.

Many thanks for reading.

Lucy

Raising the mattress is generally done for babies with reflux. There's nothing wrong with doing so (45 degree is the recommendation for reflux) but you may find the baby slides to the bottom!

Although everything you are doing is 100% normal for 8 days - in fact 2-3 hours is fantastic. Just keep going :)

Night before last 8 30pm till 5 30am!! a feed then slept till 8am! HEAVEN,last night 6 waking tonight its 12am and hes been up 3 times :cry:

i'm so sick of this, sick of shitty 15 minutes sleeps, its getting ridiculous. i want my bed back, im sick of sleeping on the floor next 2 jaydens cot, i want to spend a night in the same bed as my fiance, is it really too much to ask, 8 months we havent slept in the same bed, 8 months.

Hello all,

Many thanks for reading.

Lucy

Raising the mattress is generally done for babies with reflux. There's nothing wrong with doing so (45 degree is the recommendation for reflux) but you may find the baby slides to the bottom!

Although everything you are doing is 100% normal for 8 days - in fact 2-3 hours is fantastic. Just keep going :)

Thankyou for your reply, I raised the matress last night and Alfie slept in his basket 12 - 2, woke for a feed and change, back to sleep 3 - 6 and then feed and change, cuddles and then I decided to get up and leave hubby have a lie in (hubby had him 9-12pm on the sofa to let me get some catch up sleep) So all in all I think a big improvement!!!

Going to bring his basket downstairs today and see if he'll spend more time in there and not on the sofa on my pillow.

xxxxx

Hello all,

Many thanks for reading.

Lucy

Thankyou for your reply, I raised the matress last night and Alfie slept in his basket 12 - 2, woke for a feed and change, back to sleep 3 - 6 and then feed and change, cuddles and then I decided to get up and leave hubby have a lie in (hubby had him 9-12pm on the sofa to let me get some catch up sleep) So all in all I think a big improvement!!!

Going to bring his basket downstairs today and see if he'll spend more time in there and not on the sofa on my pillow.

xxxxx

Wow that's an excellent night! :) :) :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->