Sleepless Nights Support Thread

For the past 3 or so nights Savannah has been taking 3 hrs to sleep. She just cries when I put her in her bassinette, it's not even coz she's hungy! I feel like such a bad mother coz by the end of it I get a little rough, am in tears and wishing I never had her. Then She wakes up after only a couple of hours. What happened to my good baby?

:hug: You aren't a bad mother, the sleepless nights get to all of us :hugs:

We don't go to bed early thats the thing. She goes down about 9:30-10. Never used to have a problem :( Do you think its coz she doesn't sleep in her bassinette during the day so she doesn't like it or something?

I know how you feel with that Sarah.. the last couple of days Tom's waking every hour/hour and half for a feed (although he's bottle fed) .. he seems to sleep better through the day though..

the clock change is STILL messing with our routine, lastnight ffion went to bed at 7 and was wide awake at 5.30 this morning. she woke at 12,2,4 and 5.30

Omg, Grace went to sleep about 8ish. Woke up at 1.30, 5.45, 8.30 and 9.30!!! If only this was a regular thing. I just know it'll be another bad night tonight.

Well jacob still bad. Only sleeping about an 1-2hours at a time MAX! last night he went down for an hour at 9pm woke 10pm till 12pm slept from 12 till 1am went back down at 2am till 4am woke then till 6am then went back down till 7.30am then up till 10am down then till 12 then up till 1.30 and he just napping now!! so about 4 hours sleep for mummy....but thats an hour more than last week :) So slowly getting better :) I just have to keep thinking they normally grow out of colic at 3 months so it WILL get better and easier in the months to come. So not the end of the world just got to be a walking zombie for a few more weeks!!!

How anyone manages to look good as a new mum is beyond me :rofl: I get out the shower now, hair shoved up, Trackies/jogging bottoms shoved on and thats me for the day :rofl: Unless im going to shop etc then i will put on jeans etc. But i dont have time or energy to be arsd with make-up or high heels....And i thought while i was preg i would get to dress up nice after i gave birth....HA! yeah right :) Luckily my OH says im more attractive when im in me comfys and all natural and no make-up, he always has but i just cant see it! I just see a mess :rofl:

Tell a lie i got up the other day after 3 hours sleep and thought "fuck it i will get dressed up" through jacob crying and nursing him i got a nice top on and did me hair only to be projectile sick on (stupid acid reflux!!!) minutes later :rofl: so off i went back into me pj's!!

How is lack of sleep effecting your apperance ( i know not the end of the world to look a mess) but would be nice to be able to look half decent for once :) xXXx

Grace woke up at 1.10 then 2.35 last night. At 2.35 however she didn't go back to sleep until 5.15! I tried all sorts, patting her bum, giving her her dummy, leaving her, picking her up for a minute then putting her down. In the end I had to give in and gave her a bottle. Also the night before when she slept really well, my mum had given her some jarred food. At least now I might have some sort of solution to getting a few more hours in!

we had the worst night ever. ffion went down at 7 but was wide awake from 9 till 11, then she woke approx 15 times between 1 and 6 this morning. whinging for me and her dummy.

Shock! Savannah went to sleep really easily last night, then slept from 10ish-3:30 and woke up every 2hrs til 9:40, talk about getting some good sleep. Will be interesting to see if it continues for tonight...

Again, Grace was crap again last night. Woke 5 times until she eventually woke up at 7. I'm so tired :(

ffion woke on the hour every hour... im tired too

We've had the worst few nights. We've been on holiday but Seth has barely slept at night. Im shattered :(

xxx

my mum has ffion for tonight :) and we've just ordered chinese.

rhys is ready for bed now and im really tempted to go to bed when he does.. take advantage of a quiet house

Argg, for the past week Kaya has been getting up at 5:30am. She cries because she's still tired, but flatly refuses to go back to sleep. This combined with still waking 4-5 times during the night means I'm knackered.

my mum has ffion for tonight :) and we've just ordered chinese.

rhys is ready for bed now and im really tempted to go to bed when he does.. take advantage of a quiet house

ffion was up every hour on the hour for my mum lastnight. she has a major cough and cold and is really struggling. mum bought her some snufflebabes,calgel and nose drops to see us through the night!

:hug:
Wishing you much sleep Tezzy!
How do u pronounce Ffions name btw?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh