Sleepless Nights Support Thread

Hi Ladies, please may i join you too?

Mine is an odd situation, and im constantly raking through threads on bnb to find a similar, so if anyone has had this problem id love to hear how you got past it!!!......

Ruby seems to love her sleep, but in the night, normally 2 or 3 times, she will cry out, and when i go into her she is sat up at the end of her cot crying. If i lay her back down and put her dummy in (if its fallen out) she goes straight back to sleep again. As she isnt waking for bottle or cuddles, why is this??

She has also developed a hatred for being put in her cot awake for naps as well as bed...could this be linked?? If perhaps she falls asleep in my arms, then wakes up in the night in her cot, is it confusing her??

Im not sure if its cos shes learnt this new skill fairly recently, but she gets stuck and cant figure out how to get back down, i just wish shed stop sitting up!!!

Any ideas?? Thanks ladies! x

Mine is almost the same age. I suspect they are sitting/cruising at night and getting confused. How long do you leave her before you go in? I've noticed that if I leave him for about 5 min he whines to sleep (a piercing hunger cry of course is different).

There's also the possiblity of separation anxiety setting in near 12 months. "Seeing" you and then sucking is good enough.

rant.

why is it impossible to have more than 15 minutes straight sleep. why. why. why.

So i've decided i'm not even gonna bother sleeping tonight, energy drinks for me. Roll on my migraine tomorrow morning. yay.

Sarah I'm the last person to ever advocate 'sleep training' but seriously, you cannot keep going on like this, it's not good for your mental health or his.

I don't know where to start. we went on holiday 2 weeks ago, we co slept and he slept reasonable well, well good enough for us to manage on, since we have come back each night is worse and worse, i am still taking him out most of the day to keep us busy, still same amount of food/drink etc, i don't know how to manage anymore, in tears.

1.48am.. baby just slept for an hour and is now wide awake.
She'll fall asleep when I bounce with her in my arms on my exersize ball but evertime she is out, she wakes herself back up within a few minutes, very frustrating cause every time I think "she's sleeping!" and nope.
Bouncing hurts my back so I can't do this for hours, and whenever I get up she'll start crying.
Tried white noise, this sometimes works but not today.
She's in her swing now and is smiling/cooing at her swing mobile cow :dohh:
She's slept so good for the past 3 days.. I knew it wouldn't last.. before those 3 days I was up every night for 2-3 hours, walking around with her in the house, bouncing etc, trying to make her fall asleep..
:cry:
She's always fighting her sleep and I don't know what to do to encourage her to fall asleep?
I mean the lights are off, I turned on white noise to calm her down etc..
She's not hungry, she'll get pissed when I offer her boob, her diaper is clean, when I try sitting with her in bed or on the couch she starts crying..grr

btw it's not like I put her in her crib/bassinett, we cosleep and even then she won't stay asleep.. with me so close.
when I try to put her in her crib she'll wake up within 5 mins.. so that doesn't work either.

I don't know where to start. we went on holiday 2 weeks ago, we co slept and he slept reasonable well, well good enough for us to manage on, since we have come back each night is worse and worse, i am still taking him out most of the day to keep us busy, still same amount of food/drink etc, i don't know how to manage anymore, in tears.

okay i dont fully know your situation but it sounds SO similar to mine! Nothing has changed in our routines but my daughter is gradually getting worse and worse at night times, she has never been a good sleeper but atm its worse than it has ever been, even when she was newborn. She's waking almost every hour and i used to just be able to feed her to sleep but now she screams as soon as i try and put her back down in her crib and it is taking me 2hrs+ to get her down and then she's awake the next hour. I dont know what to do. I am exhausted. By the time i get back to sleep i am getting half hours kip. I am currently cosleeping but its no different really just easier for me than getting up out of bed to get her.

:hugs: i know how your feeling hun..xx

thanks missmammatobe, well he slept 1 hour so that was it for me lol! He is currently fidgeting asleep in his cot though i've been up a silly amount of times since he's gone down, i really want to go to bed but i have a course to do which isn't helping my stress levels at all :(

I do remember at 6 months Jayden got even worse for a while, as someone said there is a 7month sleep regression, i said we still haven't recovered from the 4 month one! :hugs: i'm just telling myself i won't end up with a stroppy teenager waking for a feed Lol, it helps! xx

So I was going to post in here but reading some of the others I see some of you have it really bad and I'm complaining about a few times a night :(

So I was going to post in here but reading some of the others I see some of you have it really bad and I'm complaining about a few times a night :(

lol feel free to have a rant :) jayden slept for a couple of weeks around 3 months. By 4 months he woke a couple of times and boy was i shattered! now a few times would be great however we all know how tiring it is even woke a few times can make you feel on edge, it really does catch up with you :hugs: xx

things are getting worse here

ruby woke every hour last night then woke for good at half 5 :(
every time she woke i tried to cuddle her back to sleep (were co sleeping something i wsh id never started) but she just screams till i BF her :(

want to put her in the nursery but im on a cycle of being too tired to try and put her in the cot and then bring her into the bed and still really tired with her waking so dont have the stamina to keep putting her in the cot till she sleeps :(

im so tired today im nauseous and dizzy :(

Can I join? Feeling desperate. Baby wakes every hour rubbing his eyes or nose. 5 mins with the mobile knocks him out but it means I never get longer than 45 mins sleep.
So daytime today he is asleep, every time he wakes, he hysterically cries until I get him to sleep again. Which I guess means he's mixed up day and night so will pay hell tonight.

Hi My LO is 22 weeks old. She has been sleeping great until a couple of weeks ago, when she started crying through the night at 12am then 3, 4, 5 and waking up at 6 for a bottle.
When i go to her bedroom when she crys she is still asleep (but whimpering then crying out) if i dont get up and go into her room she gets louder. (there has been a few times she just falls back asleep without me)

This is soo frustrating, as all i do is put her dummy in her mouth, i am sooo tired and dont know how much more i can take.

Does anyone have this problem or know why she could be doing this?

Now that this is happening she seems alot more tired through the day, which makes her extremley crabit. Also she started trying to sleep on her side (just the one side, she cant get over the other) and every morning her eye is swollen it goes away a few hours later but all this is making me really worried and really tired.

Sorry the post is so long, i just cant seem to get any answers and would really appreciated some help. This is my first and im finding it really difficult it seems to be one problem after another.

Thanks
Abby

jaydens screaming. CIO i literally cannot cope no more. its not normal for a 9 month old to sleep 4 hours broken up every night. i feel dead. either that or i top myself. regret regret regret.

jaydens screaming. CIO i literally cannot cope no more. its not normal for a 9 month old to sleep 4 hours broken up every night. i feel dead. either that or i top myself. regret regret regret.

:hugs:

If you cannot cope then leave him be.

I feel horrendous what sort of a mum am i.

don't feel bad! people who aren't parents don't understand the frustration and side affects of sleep deprivation!

Ellie went through a stage a month ago where she went back to waking every 2 hours! I have to be honest, she was fine I knew she was fine - I was shattered and in the end when she woke we left her to it.. well subconsciously left her for 5 mins and if she wasn't calming down then we went into her.. and if it sounded like she was about to stop then we'd leave her for a little bit longer - I honestly think the tiring thing is keeping getting out of bed and then back into bed, then back out, etc

aslong as you know he's fine and listen out to see if he gets even more distressed he'll be fine!

It just seems all i do these days is feel shit with the getting up every 20 minutes, all i want is a hour undisturbed but been like this since jayden was 4 months. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->