Sleepless Nights Support Thread

jaydens screaming. CIO i literally cannot cope no more. its not normal for a 9 month old to sleep 4 hours broken up every night. i feel dead. either that or i top myself. regret regret regret.

:hugs:

I have a baby boy called William, and he is 13 weeks and 2 days old. Sleep is an absolute nightmare. He teased us slightly when about 3 weeks old, sleeping 11pm ish till 6am, and now- no chance!
He wont go to sleep without being rocked, sucking on my thumb or in the car. I usually manage to get him to sleep about 10pm now while feeding him, and then i put him intobed, and e usually sleeps till about 3, but then after that no matter how many times I get him to sleep, everytime i put him down in his cot he wakes straight up :cry: and then ends up in our bed after this attle. Any tips on getting him to sleep in his own bed?

i actually thought being a parent was supposed to be more enjoyable as the weeks/months go on. i dont know how much more crying i can take. he wont settle/sleep at all. we have been up since 1am yesterday with only one 25minute nap. i only had 30 mins sleep last night and nothing yet.

i feel awful but hes now in his cot crying i dont know what else to do. i just shouted at him. i cant deal with this anymore.

i always said i would never leave him to cr4y and i just did, hes fell asleep.

sarah sarah sarah :hugs: you poor thing!
dont beat yourself up hun, i left Raphi to cry too even though i always swore i wouldnt. I used to think it would mentally scar her or something :dohh: but now the way i see it is it is mentally scarring me not getting any sleep so anything i can do to ease the stress is a good thing.

And of course he will still love you in the morning :hugs:

And i know health visitors are sometimes more of a hindrance than a help but have you asked any of them for any advice?

Oh god, Amy has had trapped wind all yesterday and all night too. I thought Colief was meant to help but she seems worse! Hubby has slept through it all and I've just got her down although heaven only knows how long for and I just don't know what to do any more. :-(

I am having a nightmare with George and I am at the end of my tether. Thomas was 14 months before he slept through, he was diagnosed with reflux at about 11 months and as soon as that was treated and then resolved, he was fine.
George does not have reflux. He will sometimes go down ok at bedtime (sometimes awake, sometimes he falls asleep on the bottle). But he always wakes up at around 10 (sometimes multiple times before that) and he wails and wails. I have tried leaving him, he works himself into such a state he coughs and splutters and sounds like he can't breathe.
He will settle if I pick him up, but then screams as soon as I lie him down. I have put books under the legs one end of his cot in case it is reflux or wind. I often give him painkillers before bed which sometimes helps, sometimes doesn't. I have even tried giving him infant gaviscon and that improved things for 2 nights (in that he woke at 3am for milk, then went back down til 6), but now we are back to managing no more than about 4 hours without waking.
I cannot stop crying, this has been going on for months and I cannot handle it any more. Is it wind, teeth...I just don't know but I am becomming obsessed with it and the sad thing is, I've been here before, been through almost identical issues with Thomas and am none the wiser!

Had one decent night, if you could call it decent jayden woke 6 times aswell as a feed, this was monday, now same old! i haven't bothered going to bed yet as he won't go longer than 15 minutes without waking up for his dummy again.

we've had 4night of undisturbed sleep!!
1 thing my nana told me...no banas before bed (used to be KAy's desert)

ALSO

we now do a big lunch

and a small portionn of tea...
we've recently changed to cows milk aswell (he was 10.5months obviously i dont reccommend doing that if your chnild is younger)

and yes...4night of undisturbed sleep since he was 17weeks....he now 11months!! xxx

There's hope! i did read somewhere else where a mummy gave her LO cows milk and she slept through! Though Jaydens abit young yet to try but only time will tell. Still not gone to bed yet not worth it as he is up every 10-15 mins. Drinking 4 energy drinks a day now urrrgh

i thought things couldnt get any worse

its been every 2 hrs since she was 6 months
she had a virus last week
shes now recovered
last night from 3am she was up every half hour for a 10 min breast feed

i feel so tired i think my hearts just going to stop and il die
i hate my life
a yr ago i was happy pregnant waiting for a new life to begin

now i feel ill with exhaustion and have a tired moany baby all day that doesnt eat or sleep :(

There's hope! i did read somewhere else where a mummy gave her LO cows milk and she slept through! Though Jaydens abit young yet to try but only time will tell. Still not gone to bed yet not worth it as he is up every 10-15 mins. Drinking 4 energy drinks a day now urrrgh

IT wasnt an automatic change...so i think its a culmination of everything!! but yet again an other full night!! yaaay!! lol! if anyone wants a routine list (it may help lol) feel free to pm....xxxx

i thought things couldnt get any worse

its been every 2 hrs since she was 6 months
she had a virus last week
shes now recovered
last night from 3am she was up every half hour for a 10 min breast feed

i feel so tired i think my hearts just going to stop and il die
i hate my life
a yr ago i was happy pregnant waiting for a new life to begin

now i feel ill with exhaustion and have a tired moany baby all day that doesnt eat or sleep :(

:hugs: :hugs: i know it seems a zillion miles away but one day, you will honestly look back and think 'i coped' my sisters boy who is 2 used to cry literally all night, for ages and ages, he improved alot by 18month, i know thats ages away, but one morning you willwake up and think.. woah she slept! how did that happen, thats what i tell myself anyway lol. i hope you are ok :hugs: :hugs: xxx

IT wasnt an automatic change...so i think its a culmination of everything!! but yet again an other full night!! yaaay!! lol! if anyone wants a routine list (it may help lol) feel free to pm....xxxx

Yes please!! :) xx

Ok im up and can not sleep and its not because of the baby.I thought i heard DH car doors being opened and closed and i havent been able to sleep since.I was the last person to use it and im not 100% sure i locked the car.I i got up and locked it just to make sure but i feel sick to my stomach about it :(

Ok im up and can not sleep and its not because of the baby.I thought i heard DH car doors being opened and closed and i havent been able to sleep since.I was the last person to use it and im not 100% sure i locked the car.I i got up and locked it just to make sure but i feel sick to my stomach about it :(

Hey hun, you are local to me! I am in Farnborough. And I am up loads at night with a sleep thieving baby too lol :)

I am not sure what to do with my little one, first week home from hospital was great, this second week hadn't been so good.

She struggles to fall asleep during the day, fighting it as much as she can, every night at almost exactly 7.30 we have a tiredness screaming fit for a hour in which I can do nothing to settle her, and now at night she will have a feed, fall asleep in my arms and then as soon as I lay her in the moses basket we're awake and crying.

I am unsure what to do, I can't cuddle her all night, but I am shattered as I seem to spend most of the night willing her to sleep!

Currently she's laying in my arms after having had a 3.5oz bottle and of still fighting the tiredness!

Does anyone have any advice? X x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->