Sleepless Nights Support Thread

Kasia, which formula are you using? Our LO was gassy till we switched to Enfamil Gentlease. Maybe you can give that a shot?

Gosh that's crazy you say that. I've been eying gentleease & even asked the pediatrian last week she said not to switch yet if she's not vomiting??? Right now she's on enfamil newborn. I think I'm just gonna switch. I have gone through multiple bottles tommee tippee the anti gas&colic & now dr browns. Going to babies r u tomorrow for the gentleease formula. Thanks:)

my baby has vomited with enfamil newborn, gentleease and the prosobee(soy) she only seems to vomit at night with all them and she seems so uncomfortable after eating that she just wants more and more then throws it up and wants more again. she has a doctors appointment in an hour so hopefully they'll do something to help her!

my baby has vomited with enfamil newborn, gentleease and the prosobee(soy) she only seems to vomit at night with all them and she seems so uncomfortable after eating that she just wants more and more then throws it up and wants more again. she has a doctors appointment in an hour so hopefully they'll do something to help her!

Oh gosh I hope they are able to help. Let us know how the appointment goes:flower:

he diagnosed her with reflux she was prescribed ranitidin or whatever its called and changed her formula from soy to gentlease but the gentlease has been making her projectile vomit after ever feed so im givng her soy and the ranitidin to see how that works.

Tlh, wow... Poor baby and poor mommy! Maybe enfamil is just no good for your LO, have you thought about trying Similac?

Isaac is 17 days old now & a mini night owl. Tonight he's been good and I've had to wale him for his feed now I'm the one awake and cant sleep. When hes had his feed and going back to sleep he makes lots of noise; gurgling and like mini giggles also like he's still got wide we burp him but nothing and usually sets off hiccups.
It goes on for about 45-60 minutes then eases off this normal and just his thing?

Isaac is 17 days old now & a mini night owl. Tonight he's been good and I've had to wale him for his feed now I'm the one awake and cant sleep. When hes had his feed and going back to sleep he makes lots of noise; gurgling and like mini giggles also like he's still got wide we burp him but nothing and usually sets off hiccups.
It goes on for about 45-60 minutes then eases off this normal and just his thing?

Urg, "Baby asleep, mummy awake" is a big problem of mine. I get so used to her waking up that even when she's asleep I'm alert. Been up since half three again. :wacko:

Newborns make a lot of strange noises, lol. My LO used to make the bedroom sound like a jungle at night! Hiccups are pretty common too. I think most babies tend to grow out of it though. :)

My lo has hicups all the time. Im starting to think they contribute to her gassyness.
So I switched to gentlease 2 days ago. My stepsons mom came & stayed with lo so dh & I could go out 2 nights ago which was awesome but lo stayed up ALL night didnt sleep till 9am!
I was exhausted I think she was mad cause I went out??? Then I thought maybe it's the new formula?? So Im giving it a chance & all day yesterday she was fine & last night seems gas is less. She slept 2hr intervals but I had her in her bouncer chair all night with the vibrations & rocking her if she started fussing. Is that really bad? I feel terrible she should've been in her bassinet but I was so scared she wouldn't sleep again at all.
I also gave her less breastmilk thruout the day & saved more for night maybe that made a difference in her gas. I just don't know anymore. It's 9am she's now in her swing sleeping I'm gonna try & close my eyes for couple of hours once I'm done expressing

They eventually grow out of the hiccups. Mine hardly gets them anymore. I don't have the heart to let her lie down while she has them though. I *hate* hiccups, I wonder if she does? I guess she doesn't cry when she gets them so probably not.

Kasia, someone told me a little while ago that sometimes it doesn't matter how you get them to sleep, just get them to sleep! So if she slept in her bouncer chair one night, who cares. I've had my LO fall asleep on her playmat in the floor, and I left her there... just whatever it takes!

Tlh, wow... Poor baby and poor mommy! Maybe enfamil is just no good for your LO, have you thought about trying Similac?

her dad had issues with milk when he was a baby and was on soy. i tried similac once and she was extremely fussy after she ate. so far shes doing great with that ranitidin and the soy she spits up very little and thats only if OH doesnt get her to burp while feeding her. shes now been constipated the last fews days so ive been mixing a bit of karo syrup in her bottle and its finally starting to soften up, i feel so bad for her but shes doing much better and seems more comfortable now!

Not even attempting to go to bed tonight, these sleepless nights would be so much easier with aload of caffeine in me! 5 hours sleep in 3 nights, hell.

Not even attempting to go to bed tonight, these sleepless nights would be so much easier with aload of caffeine in me! 5 hours sleep in 3 nights, hell.

Lol, I've been going to bed at 8pm pretty much since LO was born but I'm starting to wonder why I bother anymore. Without fail my going to bed wakes her up, and by the time I get her settled it's usually about ten anyway. She could really stand to be in her own room. Unfortunately we don't have one spare! :baby:

We've had some positive signs: the other night Caroline managed to self-settle when waking several times. I was just too tired to get up and she grunted for a few minutes then went back to sleep. Sadly she didn't keep up the trend and last night was awful to get settled. She's been waking up with a shout too which must be great for the neighbours. But today I managed to get her to nap in her cot twice! She's never done that before, it's always on me or in the pushchair. :happydance:

Been so exhausted lately. The other night I was up from 1am on not from LO but with a funky stomach. That's worse than my usual insomnia! Everything has just become a blur. I have correspondence schoolwork which has just been languishing in a drawer forever. I'm going to need to apply for an extention at this rate. Thank goodness this forum is here to whinge on! Stay strong, my zombie sisters! :sleep:

lol! I think it gets easier when you accept they are babies and just don't sleep, J's cold is abit better, soooo glad! He slept from 8-6 only waking a couple of times last night, but now we are up watching the Zingzillas! xx

lol! I think it gets easier when you accept they are babies and just don't sleep, J's cold is abit better, soooo glad! He slept from 8-6 only waking a couple of times last night, but now we are up watching the Zingzillas! xx

Glad you LO is feeling better! Caroline had a cold a couple weeks ago and it was a rough few nights.

Definitely agree about not expecting them to sleep! LO actually slept reasonably well last night, which surprised me as she didn't nap for more than 15 mins that day and was awful to get settled. It was a nice bonus. Most nights I don't even look at the clock, just get up and put her back down again. That said, I do hope she settles down soon because she is getting quite heavy to heft in and out of the cot at night!

:crib:

:hugs: ladies!!!

zingzillas annoys me at the best of times .... feel for u hun! :hugs:

My little man still every 2 hours *yawn* .......

x

Hi everyone, just wanted to say I hope I dont have to join this thread again for a looong while.. Bonnie has slept through the past 4 nights... If you call sleeping from 11pm to 530am sleeping through (I do...)

Oddly enough what worked for us was swaddling her again. She used to hate having her arms restricted like that but for some reason now she sleeps so long and soundly all swaddled up. We have her in a wearable blanket, then use a lightweight blanket on top of that for the swaddle. I've also bought what I call a baby straight jacket :haha: that holds her arms down with some flaps. I think Halo makes it...for the US ladies I got it at Target. Haven't tried it yet, need to wash it first.

Anyway I'm probably totally jinxing myself by saying all this...LOL!!!

Good luck to the rest of you ladies. :hugs: it does get better...

My baby was doing so well sleeping for at least 6 hours from about 8-2am, sometimes even a little longer. Then last night I screwed it all up when she fell asleep early and I woke her up for a bath and then a feed. She then didn't fall asleep until after 9 and was up again at 1:30 and then again at 3:30. I'm so tired and I'm going back to work on Friday! Its going to be interesting...

Hi all, it's definitely easier when you accept you have a crap sleeper. Gabriel still wakes twice a night. I haven't had a good night sleep since he was born 21 months ago, but I've accepted that's not going to change and my body has adjusted to functioning on 5-6 hours of broken sleep. I pray that none of you have a LO who sleeps as badly as mine and badly for as long as mine, but if you do, Be strong! You can survive it! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->