Sleepless Nights Support Thread

Hi all, it's definitely easier when you accept you have a crap sleeper. Gabriel still wakes twice a night. I haven't had a good night sleep since he was born 21 months ago, but I've accepted that's not going to change and my body has adjusted to functioning on 5-6 hours of broken sleep. I pray that none of you have a LO who sleeps as badly as mine and badly for as long as mine, but if you do, Be strong! You can survive it! :hugs:

Wow, you deserve a medal! I have adjusted to it for the most part but the occasional night is pretty rough. I decided last night to keep track of her wakings after I went to bed at 8pm:

8:30
10:00 (woken by DH!)
11:30
2:00
3:00
3:30
5:00
6:30, up for the day.

Just an average night. And I've been awake since 3am! Thank God for coffee is all I can say! :haha:

:coffee::coffee::coffee:

green lady thats looks like regular night too :(

:hugs:

xxx

two nights ago my daughter went to bed at 9pm woke up at 2:30am laid back down at 3:30am woke up at 8:00am..i was impressed last night she went to bed about 9pm woke up at 1:30am again at 4am and slept until 7:30am. shes def. improving!!

Hi, Can I join you?

Well Jack has gone backwards, we have had to co-sleep - not my choice but it was the only way either of us got any sleep. Last week I started to swaddle and put in his crib which he did 7.30-1.30 and then 1.45-4.30 and then got in with me until 8.30. That was fine I could live with that.

He had his injections on Tuesday and since then he will not go in his crib, I have been up every hour for the last 3 nights!! even when he is sleeping with me.
so I am cream crackered!! so so so so so so so tired!

two nights ago my daughter went to bed at 9pm woke up at 2:30am laid back down at 3:30am woke up at 8:00am..i was impressed last night she went to bed about 9pm woke up at 1:30am again at 4am and slept until 7:30am. shes def. improving!!

Yay!! I hope she keeps it up! :thumbup:

Hi, Can I join you?

Well Jack has gone backwards, we have had to co-sleep - not my choice but it was the only way either of us got any sleep. Last week I started to swaddle and put in his crib which he did 7.30-1.30 and then 1.45-4.30 and then got in with me until 8.30. That was fine I could live with that.

He had his injections on Tuesday and since then he will not go in his crib, I have been up every hour for the last 3 nights!! even when he is sleeping with me.
so I am cream crackered!! so so so so so so so tired!

It is worse when you're not used to it! When LO was a newborn her sleep wasn't much different from now, but I was so exhausted I thought I'd die. Now I just muddle through. Her first injections messed up her sleep for a week but with this last round she actually slept for 4 hours straight--and she hadn't slept that long in months! Hoping he settles down soon. xx

hey my son doesnt seem to want to sleep , he seems to be fighting it all the time . During the day he will only sleep for 40mins and on the night he sleeping for three hours at a time then waking up for food then havin another three hours . i put him to bed at 9 and by 6 in the morning he awake allday . im absolutly exschausted :nope:

I'm starting to think we're in the middle of the proper four month sleep regression now, as opposed to just rubbish sleep! All progress seems to have been erased and she's been awful to settle. I can barely sneak out the door when she's up again. She's not crying usually, just laughing and chatting to herself. I try to hold her till she's completely gone but she always catches me out. It is adorable to hear you chattering but please, baby, SLEEP! :dohh: DH calls her "the chatty assassin," lol.

Last night she was up every hour. I think. I'm so tired I can't even remember anymore! I've been awake since the 3am call. *Again*. Bad as LO waking is, my insomnia is just worse. And come 6am I always just about doze off when LO or DH wakes me up, ready for work. I've been up and running since 7am but I couldn't tell you anything I've done! It's all just a blur.

I'm not sure if she's had a growth spurt or what, but I've noticed her 3-6 size sleepsuits are almost too small. She's not even 5 months yet! Such a big girl! :cloud9:

Hope all you other ladies are hanging in there! xx

Hi girls... very tired here!!

J wakes every 2 hours every night. the longest stretch i've had since she was born 9 months ago is 3 hours. last night she slept:
10pm - 12am
was up at
1, 2:30,3,4 &5
but slept from 5 -8:30

I don't even have to do CIO by leaving the room, she is screaming at me as i am laying with her... she's trying to crawl around, and im laying her back down and she cries some more.

we are co sleeping, although i've been trying to wean her and it just isn't working. Its 9 now she napped from 2:30-4 and just fell asleep beside me... and we are on the couch because if i want her to stay sleeping i need to be beside her and i don't want to be banished to the bedroom for the rest of the night. and she didn't fall asleep without a fight... every night is a fight. i am so sick of fighting with an infant to go to sleep. only to have her wake 4 or 5 times a night and barely nap for 2 hours during the day.

my :hugs: go out to all of you.

My LO is is the midst of his 6 week growth spurt. He usually sleeps between 3 and 4 hours before needing his first night feed, then about every two after that. But now he is clustering almost every hour after the 3 hour stint. His afternoon/evening nap has become a battleground, he resists them like the plague. I am hoping this passes soon, I am getting worn out. While he can sleep, mommy still needs to get things done during daylight.
He is asleep right now, has been for the past 3 hours, I hope he lets me sleep tonight :sleep:

my LO had a schedule down and she would sleep for 6 hours when id first lay her down then eat and sleep for another 4 hours but OH's parents came by a few days ago and kept waking the baby up so it messed her scheduled up completely and she hasnt slept really the last 4 days but last night she slept from 9 pm until 4:30am went back to sleep and woke up again at 6:30am im wide awake now since i got that 7 hours of sleep

worst night of WW 26 so far!

No matter how many times LO was settled he woke up again 5 minutes later crying, even tried Calpol incase of teething but nope...! :dohh:

After 2 hours OH went to the couch so we could co sleep and even then it wasnt good (and normally great). Woke 2:30am, resettled about 3:15am. Woke 6:30am resettled 7am and up at 9am

Me no likey :nope:

that sucks newmommyx. j was up a lot last night too... i stopped keeping track :cry:

Hi again everyone! Just got back from a week away visiting o/hs family.
During that time we co-slept fully, and we stayed 5 nights.
The first 4 nights were tolerable, much better than going to the cot pulling him out, he didn't need rocking nor did he wake fully!!
Last night there awful night with teething, i got 45 minutes sleep, 6 hour train journey next day and i feel awful i had half of an energy drink and i'm pregnant :( because i was so tired (o/h doesn't wake with his stirring for dummy so its me who is up all the time, otherwise if i left o/h to it J would be wide awake and wouldn't go back to sleep at all, hence why i'm always up) train journey went okay but i almost was sick 4 times due to tiredness, feeling weak!!

For those who don't already, co sleeping might make a tiny difference, despite the frequent wake ups it weren't as bad as i didn't have to get out of bed! :rofl:

thats the only reason we co-sleep... if she's gonna wake up every hour, at least i don't have to get out bed!

it is slowly getting a little bit better here. i decided she only needs to nurse every 4 hours so if she dreamfeeds at midnight when i go to bed (far to late by the way) then im nursing her again until 4pm earliest... and not getting up and switching sides, everytime she squirms in that 4 hours really helps my energy levels the next day. and after a few days im finding she doesn't squirm as much as im not pulling out the boob each time.

Been up with LO for at least 4 hours. Before that, I was awake in bed for about an hour or 2 trying to shush her and get her to go to sleep (bassinet is beside the bed), but with no luck. So exhausted. :sleep: I just got her to sleep, but we'll see how long it lasts. I got about a 20 minute nap on the couch during the last 4 hours, but OH has been nice and snuggled in the bed. :growlmad: It's fine though, because as soon as he wakes up, it's HIS turn, and I'm going to bed for as long as I like. :haha:

Hi girls... very tired here!!

J wakes every 2 hours every night. the longest stretch i've had since she was born 9 months ago is 3 hours. last night she slept:
10pm - 12am
was up at
1, 2:30,3,4 &5
but slept from 5 -8:30

I don't even have to do CIO by leaving the room, she is screaming at me as i am laying with her... she's trying to crawl around, and im laying her back down and she cries some more.

we are co sleeping, although i've been trying to wean her and it just isn't working. Its 9 now she napped from 2:30-4 and just fell asleep beside me... and we are on the couch because if i want her to stay sleeping i need to be beside her and i don't want to be banished to the bedroom for the rest of the night. and she didn't fall asleep without a fight... every night is a fight. i am so sick of fighting with an infant to go to sleep. only to have her wake 4 or 5 times a night and barely nap for 2 hours during the day.

my :hugs: go out to all of you.

Although my lo is 5 months...I'M WITH YOU!

I am so so tired of this 2 hourly waking during the night....teething initially was/is the culprit .... maybe it still is WHO KNOWS??!!!

He was sleeping up to 5/6 hours at a time about 2 months ago...what the hell is going on?

EVERY SINGLE NIGHT he fights to go to sleep...eventually going down sometimes 10pm-12am...then it's 2 hourly wakings but being 'up' for about 45mins-1hr at a time....It's lucky if he gets 3 half hour naps in the day....yesterday was a bit weird had a really long nap in the afternoon (one off)...

WTH DO I DO? To top it off I'm having to stop bfeeding and switching him to bottles and formula (yesterday was the 1st day which went very badly - doing one feed a week to start with) and also when to start with bloody solids?? I've been told to start asap....

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH basically...nothing makes sense when i'm a fed up mummy......

sorry for the rant ladies just don't know what to do :cry:

Was up all night with LO. Got her to sleep maybe 1 or 2 hours total. When OH got up, I went to bed and got up 4 hours later to find he hadn't been able to get her to sleep at all. He was exhausted and just went back to bed, so now it's my shift again. I've gotten her down... sort of. She's very fussy and I checked her temperature: 97.6 degrees F. I nursed her (we're FF now, but I still have milk and it helps sometimes), swaddled her, and put her down in her glider when she fell asleep. She's been a little fidgety, but seems okay for now. I hurried and washed all the dishes (her bottles) and am about to eat quickly before she wakes up for round 4... SO exhausted! :sad1:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->