Sleepless Nights Support Thread

Hi girls... very tired here!!

J wakes every 2 hours every night. the longest stretch i've had since she was born 9 months ago is 3 hours. last night she slept:
10pm - 12am
was up at
1, 2:30,3,4 &5
but slept from 5 -8:30

I don't even have to do CIO by leaving the room, she is screaming at me as i am laying with her... she's trying to crawl around, and im laying her back down and she cries some more.

we are co sleeping, although i've been trying to wean her and it just isn't working. Its 9 now she napped from 2:30-4 and just fell asleep beside me... and we are on the couch because if i want her to stay sleeping i need to be beside her and i don't want to be banished to the bedroom for the rest of the night. and she didn't fall asleep without a fight... every night is a fight. i am so sick of fighting with an infant to go to sleep. only to have her wake 4 or 5 times a night and barely nap for 2 hours during the day.

my :hugs: go out to all of you.

Although my lo is 5 months...I'M WITH YOU!

I am so so tired of this 2 hourly waking during the night....teething initially was/is the culprit .... maybe it still is WHO KNOWS??!!!

He was sleeping up to 5/6 hours at a time about 2 months ago...what the hell is going on?

EVERY SINGLE NIGHT he fights to go to sleep...eventually going down sometimes 10pm-12am...then it's 2 hourly wakings but being 'up' for about 45mins-1hr at a time....It's lucky if he gets 3 half hour naps in the day....yesterday was a bit weird had a really long nap in the afternoon (one off)...

WTH DO I DO? To top it off I'm having to stop bfeeding and switching him to bottles and formula (yesterday was the 1st day which went very badly - doing one feed a week to start with) and also when to start with bloody solids?? I've been told to start asap....

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH basically...nothing makes sense when i'm a fed up mummy......

sorry for the rant ladies just don't know what to do :cry:

there is a 4 month sleep regression which is when J's sleep when to crap. so if you are noticing the last month or two of crap sleep - im gonna guess thats part of it.

i also tried to give j formula but she refuses it. i don't mind bf'ing... i just wanted to be able to offer her a bottle a day if i don't think she's nursed enough - because she is soooo busy during the day... but she wont take it!

i hope you start getting some rest soon, im giving up hope in my situation. she'll sleep eventually they tell me :haha:

Chloe is 6 1/2 mnths. She used to feed every 2 hours for the first few months so co-sleeping just kind of happened cos I would fall asleep while feeding. 6 mnths down the line, we still co-sleep because Chloe's so used to it she won't sleep in her cot. She still wakes me every 2-3 hours but I don't think it's cos she's hungry anymore - she just can't settle herself.

I am absolutely shattered. I didn't know it was possible to be this tired. I can get quite teary at times! I know I need to sort it out with CC or CIO, but I haven't got it in me.

DH does his best to help but he has to deal with our 2 yr old. I do kind of feel like it's all down to me to sort out and I just can't. No light at end on tunnel! I suppose I just hoping thing will miraculously get better though I know really that's not going to happen.

Hello tired ladies, I haven't checked in in awhile! Last night was rough. LO was really unsettled and kept getting up, and about 2:30 decided she wanted to have a conversation for an hour. I'd have left her to it but she was getting pretty loud and we have neighbours to think about. I'd settle her down and she'd be quiet for a few minutes, just long enough for me to get back in bed, then she'd start up again. I'm not proud to say that I ended up shouting at her to go to sleep. :( She didn't seem to notice at all but I felt so bad about it. I can understand why sleep deprivation is a form of torture.

It seems all I'm doing these days is trying to get her to sleep. We've been doing nap training for her to sleep in her cot during the day which she never used to do. She was getting fussy with sleeping on me anyway so I thought it was time. It has definite ups and downs; some days she drops right off, others I'm trying to settle her for two hours just to get a 15 minute nap. :wacko: She doesn't cry usually, just whinges and won't sleep. When she does sleep in her cot though it is so much better! I can actually get things done so when she's awake we can spend more time together, rather than her watching me running around the place all day.

Subconsciously I'm starting to feel like her bad sleep must be somehow my fault. People ask me "is she still waking so much?" in hushed tones, like we've got some sort of disease. My husband thinks we should be keeping her up later to tire her out, but she's tired enough at the end of the day as it is. I just don't understand myself sometimes why she needs to wake every hour or two. Is she hungry? Disturbed by me? Who knows. I know she *can* sleep longer, for a few magical weeks she was sleeping 5-7 hours at a time before it all just stopped. Just accepting we have a crap sleeper and getting on with it though is all we can really do.

4 month sleep regression. I've given up on the idea of sleep tonight. He's crying because he's tired though! Best try again....

It WILL pass! Even my horrible sleeper managed to come out on the other side of the sleep regression :thumbup:. You will manage!:hugs:

HELP!
Hi ladies- Well, Alex had a really good night sleeping pattern since about 5-6 weeks of age- I give him his bath and then a massage- then his bottle, and he would be out while burping him- He would fall asleep no later than 11pm- I use to say to my husband he was like a little clock-out by 11pm not a minute more or less. Anyways, as good as he slept at night, he would never nap during the day so I got this book called the 90 minute plan which basically explains how to get your LO to take several naps during the day- The book also explained that the more LO napped, the better they would sleep at night- So, LO has done great at his nights- he's taking 2-3 naps a day- I have to rock him to sleep but he does great. Ever since I started this his night routine has gone to crap- He now does not fall asleep at 11pm like he use to- now its closer to midnight- and I have to walk around the house rocking him to sleep- sometimes he will be sound asleep and as soon as I put him down he will wake up again- He use to go 5-6 hours though without waking up- now he's waking uop every 3 hours. I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO!?? Could it be the napping during the day? Or has anyone's LO suddenly changed their sleeping pattern after they had one established? Im so frustrated! LO is 9 weeks BTW- Any suggestions? thoughts?

It WILL pass! Even my horrible sleeper managed to come out on the other side of the sleep regression :thumbup:. You will manage!:hugs:

thank you. x I eventually got him to sleep, still waking every 45 minutes still for a few minutes, but it was good enough. OH was late for work though, he didn't get much sleep even though he was trying to sleep through it. hope they understand. x

thank you. x I eventually got him to sleep, still waking every 45 minutes still for a few minutes, but it was good enough. OH was late for work though, he didn't get much sleep even though he was trying to sleep through it. hope they understand. x

We had 6 weeks of 20-30 waking ups a night! It was horrific, but there's really so little you can do! I hope he will sleep a bit better for all your sakes soon! Sophie is now back at 2 wakings a night and I must say, it's heaven :haha:.

Have you thought of cosleeping? We did for a few weeks as it's easier to settle them to sleep the second they wake up. It also means you don't have to move!

We had 6 weeks of 20-30 waking ups a night! It was horrific, but there's really so little you can do! I hope he will sleep a bit better for all your sakes soon! Sophie is now back at 2 wakings a night and I must say, it's heaven :haha:.

Have you thought of cosleeping? We did for a few weeks as it's easier to settle them to sleep the second they wake up. It also means you don't have to move!

Aaaahh, something to look forward to. :) Yes, we bedshare, otherwise he always wakes up properly. During this sleep regression, usually he goes back to sleep quickly, usually with a feed, sometimes just by staying very still. But last night he was having none of it. I have to nurse him to sleep, he had a little sleep, woke up again, nursed, half the time went back to sleep for a bit, sometimes not, then he was UP up and it was taking hours to get him to sleep again. He's usually been doing that once recently, but not that many times! I've just got to laugh it off I think don't I. It's all for a reason, isn't it and you seem to have done well with it. x

Oh it was bloody hard and I did my fair share of moaning and cursing. I just took naps with her during the day and stopped stressing about it. It will end when it will end!
Hope it's not long for you!

nearly 3 am and the twins are waking at the same time *props eyelids open*

I'm baaaaack!

Hello ladies! I would like to join in.
My LO is 4.5 month old and for the past 10 nights his sleep is horrible!
He had few nights of 7-6 (at 4 month) as a teaser for us, and since then he is awake several times a night and when he wakes up around 2, he is not going back to sleep for 1.5-2 hours! But if I put him in his cot he is crying, so I am just sitting there with him. I am so tired! He was a good sleeper and now this. And for the past 4 days he has been so grumpy during day...

Coffee for me please!

yawwwwwn Im still up every 2 hours ish with my 4 month old.

He goes in his crib well at 7 but every night without fail hes awake at 10.45pm and then I have to go to bed because he wont settle in his cot after that. We then co-sleep...

Does anyone find because they are co-sleeping LO is constantly looking for the boob? I think when he wakes slightly his natural reaction is to search for it and when he cant he cries.. so whats the answer? to leave a boob out? :wacko:

I guess there are no answers - im just so tired!

kaths - yes we co sleep and when j stirs (not even fully wakes) she smells boob and only boob will do to put her back to sleep, which has caused me issues cause i keep thinking she'll nurse so i sit up switch sides and lay back down... im sure if i offered the same boob all night i'd get more rest, but im scared of one boob being the "bad one" LOL

kaths - yes we co sleep and when j stirs (not even fully wakes) she smells boob and only boob will do to put her back to sleep, which has caused me issues cause i keep thinking she'll nurse so i sit up switch sides and lay back down... im sure if i offered the same boob all night i'd get more rest, but im scared of one boob being the "bad one" LOL

I find I can offer both boobs while laying down you kind of have to twist and its not very comfortable but in my tiredness haze I can still half sleep - no wonder my back is hurting!!

I also think I wake him up when co-sleeping, i'm such a fidget and after giving birth my hips really hurt so I cant stay on the same side for long.

I know the answer is to put him in his own room but im not ready for that and I do quite like having him there but I just wish we could get a 4 or 5 hour stretch of sleep!

yawwwwwn Im still up every 2 hours ish with my 4 month old.

He goes in his crib well at 7 but every night without fail hes awake at 10.45pm and then I have to go to bed because he wont settle in his cot after that. We then co-sleep...

Does anyone find because they are co-sleeping LO is constantly looking for the boob? I think when he wakes slightly his natural reaction is to search for it and when he cant he cries.. so whats the answer? to leave a boob out? :wacko:

I guess there are no answers - im just so tired!

I sleep with my boobs out, much easier. :) My LO's now coming out of his sleep regression, after about a month.

I think I might become a regular here... I was up 8 times between 7pm and 7am - im shattered :-({|=

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->