Sleepless Nights Support Thread

somebody please help me, i must have been in to put the dummy in nearly 30 times last night,,,,,my LO only slept between 2 and 3am after a feed and 5-6am after another feed.....the rest of the night i was up constantly.....I feel like i cant do this any more :-(

somebody please help me, i must have been in to put the dummy in nearly 30 times last night,,,,,my LO only slept between 2 and 3am after a feed and 5-6am after another feed.....the rest of the night i was up constantly.....I feel like i cant do this any more :-(

Is your baby a newborn, hun? Just asking as your info says you're pregnant. :) I was so tired during the early days that I thought I'd die, but now even on the worst nights I manage to muddle through somehow. My body has adjusted to the lack of sleep but I really look forward to my morning cup of coffee! If you can find time a nap can really help. Hope you get a bit more rest soon. :hugs:

We spent a few days at the in-law's over Christmas and it altered LO's sleep patterns, but for better or worse is yet to see. She's gotten quite good at taking her naps now but they don't seem long enough for her and she gets grizzly pretty easy. She sleeps about a half an hour on average. She's been staying up past her usual bedtime, last night sitting up for three hours for no obvious reason! She wasn't crying or tired, just up. She's been sleeping a little longer stretches, but she's refusing to self-settle even a little anymore and she has a tendency to wake up and be fully alert at 3 or 4 in the morning. :dohh: So far not out of the woods yet.

the last few nights my daughter has been going to bed between 9 and 10 pm she has been waking up once in the middle of the night usually around 2am for a diaper change and a feeding then goes back to bed after and hour or two of trying to get her back to sleep then wakes up an hour or so later at 5am to be up for the day which im never ready for! last night luckily she went to sleep at 9 woke up at 330 went back to sleep by 415 she cried at 530 and i didnt go in right away and she ended up going back to sleep on her own and woke up at 730 for the day. i feel so rested!

I can't sleep anymore! I am laying in bed for 2 hours and can't fall asleep. I am overtired! Need some rocking, cuddle and a bottle... Lol

TBH the whole 9 months have been mainly no sleep, never thought I could survive with so little sleep. Louis now seems to be suffering from separation anxiety and going through a growth spurt so sleep is even worse!

He's just had a hissy fit for almost an hour before passing out with tiredness in my arms which is where he is now. I need lots of :coffee::coffee::coffee:, can hardly keep my eyes open today.

Well, we're going to Paris tomorrow to visit OH's sister and baby girl which will be lovely apart from the fact that I don't know how I'm going to get any sleep. Louis normally stays in the bed with me but we will be in front room on sofa bed and Louis in travel cot, great times ahead :hissy::loopy:

Can I just have a bit of a rant? I think her not sleeping is making me depressed. I never imagined that at nearly six months her sleep would still be bad as it was when she was a newborn. In fact I think it's worse; at least when she was a newborn she'd sleep for hours during the day giving me a bit of a break. I'm lucky now if she naps for an hour total. I love my baby so much but I just want to scream "why the eff won't you SLEEP??" at her sometimes. It makes me feel like a bad mummy, like I should be doing better by her. :(

Last night was bad, she was so unsettled and kept waking. I tried at one point for an hour and a half to get her back to sleep. Then she woke at 6am and wouldn't go back down. Now she's tired and grizzly but fighting her nap. DH is back at work now and there's no one to give me even a little break. My head is pounding and the weather is miserable so it looks like we'll be stuck here all day.

I feel like I should be coping better but I can't deal with how everything is a mess. Her sleep is a mess, the flat is a mess, *I'm* a mess! I'm lucky if I can brush my hair these days. I've always been an upbeat, go and do it kind of person but not anymore. Maybe I am too old to have a baby. I just adore her but I am so...exhausted. I can't even overdose on caffeine because of BF. It sounds awful but I really am looking forward to my little girl growing out of babyhood.

Now she's lying on her playmat, grinning up at me as she's just done a massive poo for me to clean up. Yet all I can think is "aww...cutie!" Babies, eh? :kiss:

Can I just have a bit of a rant? I think her not sleeping is making me depressed. I never imagined that at nearly six months her sleep would still be bad as it was when she was a newborn. In fact I think it's worse; at least when she was a newborn she'd sleep for hours during the day giving me a bit of a break. I'm lucky now if she naps for an hour total. I love my baby so much but I just want to scream "why the eff won't you SLEEP??" at her sometimes. It makes me feel like a bad mummy, like I should be doing better by her. :(

Last night was bad, she was so unsettled and kept waking. I tried at one point for an hour and a half to get her back to sleep. Then she woke at 6am and wouldn't go back down. Now she's tired and grizzly but fighting her nap. DH is back at work now and there's no one to give me even a little break. My head is pounding and the weather is miserable so it looks like we'll be stuck here all day.

I feel like I should be coping better but I can't deal with how everything is a mess. Her sleep is a mess, the flat is a mess, *I'm* a mess! I'm lucky if I can brush my hair these days. I've always been an upbeat, go and do it kind of person but not anymore. Maybe I am too old to have a baby. I just adore her but I am so...exhausted. I can't even overdose on caffeine because of BF. It sounds awful but I really am looking forward to my little girl growing out of babyhood.

Now she's lying on her playmat, grinning up at me as she's just done a massive poo for me to clean up. Yet all I can think is "aww...cutie!" Babies, eh? :kiss:

i couldve written your post :hugs:

I feel like I should be coping better but I can't deal with how everything is a mess. Her sleep is a mess, the flat is a mess, *I'm* a mess! I'm lucky if I can brush my hair these days. I've always been an upbeat, go and do it kind of person but not anymore. Maybe I am too old to have a baby. I just adore her but I am so...exhausted. I can't even overdose on caffeine because of BF. It sounds awful but I really am looking forward to my little girl growing out of babyhood. :
I feel exactly the same hun! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Thanks, ladies. :hugs: In spite of her grizzly start LO was in a good mood today and took her naps! She is such a bubbly, happy little baby at most times that I feel bad for complaining. I feel so blessed to have her. But dealing with months of sleep deprivation can really take its toll at times. To think, someday she'll be a lazy teenager who I'll have to drag out of bed!

Sounds like my nights! Today was day one of removing ALL Charlies dummy's!! Not a bad day, better than I expected. I'm just dreading tonight now when he wakes and I won't b putting a dummy in for him! I know it's the best thing to do, we r both tired and grumpy from getting up every hour. A few unsettled days and I'm sure it will so worth it x

Lol I'm just lying here after feeding LO, listening to him babble away to his dream sheep like its his best friend :dohh:

its hard to believe that wen moms give birth we need to suffer sleepless nights for 2 years :cry:

My twins are almost one year, are you telling me I have another whole year of this to go??? I feel like I am not even a person anymore. Thank God I love them sooooooo much. It doesn't help when you hear so many people say their babies sleep through the night and they are such and such WEEKS old. *sigh*

Here's where we are at: They are 11 months old (9 corrected), they don't use pacifiers (dummies), my boy wakes several times within the first three hours of sleep and I nurse him during those wakes- then he may or may not wake up after three full hours of sleep- he sometimes goes five or six hours... but do I get five or six hours of sleep during those times? NooooooOOOooooooOOOOooo. Because then there is my girl.... She basically still sticks to her newborn schedule!!! Waking to nurse every three hours. When we came home from the NICU, I was instructed to wake them if needed, every three hours, to nurse them. Her body is so used to the schedule, I'm afraid that she is genuinely hungry, because her body is in the habit of receiving food then....

I have been trying to only nurse up 'til midnight. Past midnight, when they wake my husband has been going in to try to shhhhhhhhhhhhhush them back to sleep. I wake and stay on the sidelines, just in case. They go back down eventually, but wake again and again. And again. Occasionally I do nurse because the wakings are even more than usual (and that's saying A LOT) so I figure they really are feeling major hunger.

My plan is to get them to sleep from midnight on (they go to bed at 6), then try to stop feeding past nine.... then eventually no milk after bedtime nurse.

I'm starting to think it's not ever going to happen????? Am I really in for another sleepless YEAR? I haven't slept more than two hours (and two usually feels like a luxury) at a time for all this time and to think I have another whole year------------------------------------ I can't fathom how I will get through this! Help me, Obe Wan, you're my only hope.:sleep:

=RainbowGift, have you read the No Cry Sleep Solution? I highly recomend it.

We are up AGAIN !!!! No idea why my kids seem to think its playtime at 3am but they both seem to be having a great time unlike mommy whos eyes are falling out roll on the teenage years im about done with the baby and toddler stage

my baby is great all day and then at night, she grunts all night long! i know she is gassy. im so tired over here :shrug:

New to this thread.. My LO is 6 weeks old and sometimes it seems he never sleeps.

I'm so tired that when LO is entertaining himself or actually does fall asleep when I try to nap I just start crying! Lack of sleep makes me so emotional.. Sigh.

Ugh I am soooooooooooosleep deprived that my now 2 year old (who slept through the night when she was 6 months onwards). Decided that she was going to wake up every couple hrs after DS2 was born last month. Now she got sorta puffy eyes in the morning as well as I do. Not to mention also being up every couple of hrs with the baby (who sleeps through the noisiest situations and refuses to sleep when its quiet and DD1 is the exact opposite). After being trained in the past 3 weeks by the newborn when I get a chance to sleep, I just can't do it. Weither it be in the afternoon (well the laundry got to get done sometime). And at night (it is just too ingrained inme to be up so much). And what is worse is the times DH has that are free from school and stuff and he promises he will take care of the kids at night. I say ok and after 2 1/2 hrs of being asleep get woken up by him grumping at the kids. And 2 of the 3 of the kids screaming. And me telling him I will get the kids. He goes to sleep and the kids shut up and once again I am up. That all wold be fine if I know from the beginning I won't sleep. But d*mn don't promise something to me you won't do. So from him not caring for the kids at night. I am about to go psychotic on him it feels like, ugh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->