Slimming world advice please :)

Just one a and b on extra easy.

Don't worry about red and green days stick with extra easy!

Think I will lol. Think I got that one just About Sussed! I'm making pancakes for the first time tomorrow!! Excited! I froze a orange with chocolate sprinkles muller light to eat as as ice cream but wasn't to keen on it! Not sure if it was the flavour as I've not had that one before or the fact it was frozen yoghurt??!

Yeah not too sure about orange flavoured yoghurt myself I usually go for things with chocolate sprinkles :p. lol I haven't tried them frozen but usually love frozen yoghurt, there is one brand they serve at a local cafe here and it is called Snog and they make it with fresh berries etc. Soooo yumm! But I don't really fancy any in the weather.
But the pancakes sound nice! A lady in my group did some that were totally syn free and used Smash for them. Is that what you are using too?

No I'm doing the magic pancakes that katerz mentioned a few pages back! Just put my oats in the yoghurt.
I was going to have it for breakfast but I'm thinking I might do it for lunch instead as its quite alot of food in there being oats and egg. Like eating an omelette and porridge for breakfast plus fruit that will be my super free lol.

I went shopping today and me and my daughter walked for 4 hours round the shops, I rarely do much walking so was quite tired when we had finished lol. Burnt a few calories I hope!

Let us know how the pancakes turn out, I might try some of those myself!

I made a beef goulash the other day that was so nice!! I just threw everything into my casserole dish and let it braise for about 4 hours lol! I had to top it up with more water but it was really nice! Although it was more like a beef casserole than goulash coz I don't think I put enough paprika in it.

I think I need to think of more quick breakfast ideas as I keep chosing to have yoghurt and fruit coz it's easiest to do and then an hour later I'm hungry!! I had half a tin of sausage and beans on toast yesterday coz apparently a full tin is 6.5 syns, so I counted it as 3.5. That's was a nice filling breakfast. Sometimes I don't get chance to have something like that with my kids though, they have me running ragged in a morning lol! Lunch isn't so bad coz dd is usually napping.

I also discovered that Jacobs cheddars (the normal size not mini ones) are one syn each so I can treat myself to 3-4 of those if I've had a fairly low syn day yum! Satisfies a my cheese craving a bit lol!

I have switched my bread allowance for 35gr shreddies in the morning with a mullerlight yoghurt and either chopped banana or blueberries. But I am not sure I agree that having a breakfast helps you lose weight as I don't think I am doing well this week :( I usually only have a banana.

I tried having bran flakes then fruit and yoghurt and I was still as hungry lol! I'd have toast but don't like it dry and don't want to use my syns for butter.

Have you tried having cottage cheese or quark instead of butter and then either put fruit or cucumber or tomatoes on top? I really like that!

Edit though I must say that I think quark is better with the fruit (bananas or strawberries or blueberries) than cottage cheese

Yeah I might try that tomorrow, I have a new found love of quark lol! It's boring by itself but I like sauces and I hate things being dry so I've been making sauces using quark. I made leek and macaroni cheese, pepper sauce and even made a bacon, pineapple and mushroom jacket potato filling with it!
I've also just made mackerel pate with it that I'm goin to have on ryvita.

Does anyone know why it says I can have 2 OR 4 ryvita?

I hadn't seen that but I am not a great fan of them, Id rather have a toast really

Red days are bugging me as I reaaaallly want a million roast potatoes today but will have to syn them agghhhh

are the red days worth the sacrifice? Do you actually lose more?

I'm not sure I could do red and green days, do you not find you get hungry? I eat potatoes, pasta or rice with almost every meal!

Had my weigh in today. Bleh! I gained 1lbs. :( But I think I just didn't really do the "replace with a third of super free" but rather had a huge amount of free and then sort of had the super free as an after thought. So basically over ate completely and not been on plan. I shall try harder this week. On another note, I got the rocky road bars and YUMM! Really nice! Also got the mag but haven't looked at it yet.

How are you ladies doing?

Well I wouldn't worry I don't think I will have lost this week and it's only my second week! I'm currently drinking vodka and tonic which doesn't help! My df is off Mondays and Tuesdays so for us a Monday is like a Saturday, we sit and watch tv together and have a drink. Shame I have to have weigh in day on a Tuesday lol! Hopefully I won't hae gained but I've done similar to you today Angel and ate free foods but not really had my superfree.

I'm gonna get the rocky road bars tomorrow I think they sound yum! And the peanut ones too coz I love peanuts!

good luck tomorrow! I know a lot of ladies who do ok with the occasional drink on a weekend so unless you are at the limit of your syns for the week anyway then I shouldn't think it would matter so much. FX anyway and enjoy your evening :)

Well I'm amazed, I lost 3.5 lbs!!! I don't know how coz I'm sure I've had a little more than 105 syns over the week but I guess coz it's still only my second week my body is probably adjusting to not being stuffed with pies, mcdonalds and mountains of cheese lol!
I got slimmer of the week too which was awesome! It's really given me a boost to keep on plan so hopefully next week I can get my 1/2 stone certificate and I'll be well on track to lose a stone before Christmas!

I also went swimming today and did 50 lengths, it felt great and was also nice to have half a day to myself. Allegedly my ds slept the whole time I was gone (typically!) so df didn't really have much difficulty looking after both kids at once lol!

I'm gonna try some new recipes this week too I think. I get a big butchers delivery every 6 weeks that I freeze down and I've now managed to use all my chicken and mince so all I have now is a beef joint, whole chicken, some burgers and some pork steaks so I wanna use them and do some vegetarian dishes too, any ideas?
I'm gonna try a red pepper and sweet potato tortilla (which is kinda like a Spanish frittata with creams fraiche) as well as a recipe I found on the SW website called Luxury potato salad.

Well done you, that is amazing! :D Oh I bet that gave you a boost, it feels great doesn't it? And honestly, did you have to totally deprive yourself to lose this weight? I am thinking not? I love this diet! :)
As for cooking, that sounds all lovely but sadly I cannot advise you as I am crap cook cause I hate cooking lol

As for the rocky road! Oh my golly I am not buying it again. It is WAYYY too moreish! I find it hard to not eat more than 2 a day lol

I used to be a chef Angel so I don't mind cooking at all, I just need to force myself to do it coz it's so easy to just say "oh I didn't have chance coz I have 2 babies to look after", and yeah some days I'm cooking and dd will start yelling and ds will start crying and I think OMG give me the takeaway menu lol!! But like you say I got that boost today that makes it totally worth it!
And like you say I do not feel deprived! I've had a few drinks on some nights, I've had a bit of chocolate, I've had some cheddars (my most fave snack in the world!). I'd say the only thing I've really cut down on is bread, cheese and mayonnaise coz they are all so high in syns. But tonight df made burgers using mostly syn free ingredients, then I cut my 40g of reduced fat cheddar to have on top, he made a yummy burger sauce with lighter than light mayo, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and this yummy Heinz chipotle I found that's only 45 calories for 100ml and you only need a dash. Sorry I'm veering off track......my point being the cheddar was my healthy A and was so yummy with the low syn sauce df made! And my bun was my healthy b!

I got the rocky road today and the peanut one, didn't realise the peanut one is double the syns of the others though and can only have 1 as a healthy extra, still they are worth a try!

Well done bailey, that's fab!
I'm not at all looking forward to weigh in tomorrow, don't think I've done well this week.
I haven't gone over my syns but I just have a feeling its not going to be good!
I've been up all night with my poorly toddler! She has lovingly brought home a sickness bug from nursery and I have te estate agent coming this morning to do an Inspection, I've a bath full of sick covered sheets and towels which I need to go rinse of and get in the machine!
Hope you ladies are all doing ok.
I've been hungry all week this week, I've no idea why I just want to eat constantly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->