Slimming world advice please :)

I totally know those showers! I only shower or bathe now when the boys are in bed. So I go through the day all icky lol.

I've taken to buying 2 in 1 shampoo and conditioner to save a few minutes in my 2.5 minute shower lol.

I've been doing good today, banana for breakfast, ham sandwich and salad for lunch with a muller light and I went for a walk round the shops for an hour this morning!
Really nervous about my weigh in later! Fingers crossed!

I've got my shopping coming later, ordered some quark. What do you ladies use it for, need some ideas!

I use it instead of butter on toast and then put sliced cherry tomatoes on it or cucumber. It is also nice with berries mixed with powdered sweetener (I use splenda) instead of cream. Or you can make syn free pancakes with it by adding 1 whisked egg to a tablespoon of quark and mix together to make a batter. Add sweetener for sweet pancakes or herbs for savoury.
You can also use it instead of cream for a pasta carbonara.
oh and I haven't tried this yet but one lady at my group said that Options (2syns) mixed with quark is a nice chocolate mousse alternative.
Or you can use it in a soup as again an alternative to cream. It is really yummy in tomato soup
:)

When everyone talks of sweetener, is it just the tub of sweetener that is in the sugar isle?
I buy the sweetener tablet things for tea but have ordered the powder (sugar like) one, is that the right one?

I am guessing so. I have this one https://www.concordextra.com/img_uploads/splenda-granulated-60g-20GSPS60_1.jpg

I just use asda's low calorie powdered sweetener.

And I use quark for loads now, it's become my new staple item in my fridge lol! I've so far used it to make pepper sauce, leek and cheese macaroni, mixed berry ice cream (more like a frozen yoghurt but it's nice!), mix it with boiled egg to make a version of egg mayo, mackerel/sardine/tuna pate for on ryvita, carbonara, it goes nicely on top of chilli instead of sour cream........errrr ooh I mix it with pineapple, bacon and fried mushrooms to put in a jacket potato. I don't think there's much I haven't done with it lol!

Why is it us mummies only get the 2 minute showers not the daddies lol? Always the unfair balance isn't it? My df takes so long getting showered and dressed in a morning, I don't know where they get the idea that it's women who take ages when it's men! We have to do it whilst multitasking and watching the children too lol!! Tonight I'm going to attempt a bath coz my son seems to be sleeping well from about 8pm now, guarantee that means he'll be fussy tonight so I can't lol!

I've not used quark, I have not really thought about it!

If I leave the bathroom door open showers are generally shared with LO..we have no choice she is coming in and usually fully clothed!!

Dug out an old recipe I love! KFC style chicken wrap.

Check out the video
https://youtu.be/5ZjyeDPAFoI

Yum!

Lost 3lbs! :-D super super happy!!
Didn't stay for group today as my partner has come home poorly with the bug, its a nasty bug this one and I'm so done with cleaning up sick :-( there is absolutely no warning so its very messy!

Anyway, I'm really spurred on for the next week and have purchased the 12 week countdown, lookin forward to getting my Xmas book next week :)

Well done, yay! :D
I am going to buy the 12 week thing next week too and am hoping the book will help with xmas lol
Hope your OH will recover soon :)

Woop well done on your loss.

I keep looking at the mince pies on that book cover. ..mmmmm

Well done Hun that's great!! Fab loss! I'm tempted to buy the 12 week countdown myself actually just for the book lol! You'll have to let me know if it's any good!

Sorry your OH has the bug now too! I hate it when my df is sick coz he wants looking after too and I have enough with my kids lol!

I can't wait to get the book next week! I'm a sucker for mince pies, I wonder what the least syn ones there are out there or I could maybe look for a recipe!

Sadly my fave christmas food is christmas cake or just any fruit cake really which is loaded with syns lol, might have to avoid it this year lol

my downfall will be chocolate and Christmas biscuits :( Not looking forward to seeing OH gobble them and me not have any. Sob sob lol

I'm dreading that bit too! My sister and I don't bother doing presents, we buy each other tins of Chocs instead so I know there is at least 2 Tins coming here. Will need to figure out the syns so I can have maybe a few occasionally!

The celebration ones are 2 syns per sweetie I think. It's around the same for roses and the others but double check as I could be wrong ;)

Diet coke chicken tonight with noodles MMMMMM

It was, and plenty for my lunch tomorrow.

Slow cooker season now too mmmmm lots of comfort dinners.

I made the SW cauliflower cheese. Super easy and actually rather yummie. Am trying to super speed a bit cause (and I know I shouldn't) I weighed myself and I haven't lost anything this week so far and I am so disheartened. Am going to make the 12 speed soup tomorrow to help me. Sounds yuck but I have found it online and apparently it is nice.
https://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/135012-super-speed-soup.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"