Slimming world advice please :)

Thank you hun. Yep I have kitchen Scales so will use them. I used them last night to measure out my cheese on my burger last night ;) live Sw for the proper food you can eat.

I also use almond (unsweetened ) :)

I am trying to log everything in my journal on here.

Have you got any favourite recipes hun? Xxx

Probably just a proper roast chicken dinner! I love that! :haha: What about you?

Oh hun I like a roast too. But I like diet coke chicken. Sw burgers with bacon and halluomi ( 4 syns) and chicken wrapped in bacon. Xxxx

Ooh yes diet coke chicken is delish! Must try the burgers! Thanks for the tip! :thumbup:

I have recently started SW again. Doing it properly this time and getting weighed in group....it gives me some accountability! I don't stay to group after weigh in as I have to get to work. afterwards.

So far lost 8lb in 3 weeks! I have another stone or so to lose to get to target (maybe more depending on how I feel, I want to get back down to a Size 12 rather than a specific weight)

Well done :D And yes accountability is what keeps me on the straight and narrow too. Shame you cannot stay to group though cause that helps me a lot too.

Well done :D And yes accountability is what keeps me on the straight and narrow too. Shame you cannot stay to group though cause that helps me a lot too.

I stayed to the group on the first week and I didn't find it particularly helpful, spent an hour discussing a lady's options for her upcoming 2 week All Inclusive Holiday?! (Basically stay to plan, do a half arse attempt or not bother sticking to plan at all why it took an hour to come up with that conclusion I'll never know!) Another poor lady was wanting help with a sweet tooth, ideas/recipes etc for when she craved chocolate/sweets and was told by a member to eat an apple! Probably just that group though as my friend goes to a different one & she says it's a lot better, much more friendly and more about swapping recipes).

Oh dear lol yeah that sounds less than helpful.

I'm doing sw too. Well, u do it mon-Friday lunch, then weekends go to pot.

Heres my usual breakdown:

B- 2x alpen light bars (h.e.b.) fruit (usually pear, apple or some tangerines) and a cappuccino sachet (3 syns)

Snack - 2x boiled egg, spinach and a piece of fruit (all free)

Lunch - leftover dinner (usually free) or a mug shot. If I forget lunch I have a baked potato, cheese (there isn't much cheese as its a school dinner portion but I don't weigh it, I count it as my h.e.a) and salad.

Dinner - a sw recipe of some sort.

Snacks - rice cakes, low fat crackers, fruit, boiled eggs, Quorn chicken salad.

I really need to lose some weight. I'm around 2st up on what I was when I met my partner and I feel gross. I want to lose at least 1st by christmas, then another by my birthday in march.

I drink a lot of my calories so I'm doing go sober for October. I will have a drink for my daughters bday in the middle of the month though. I usually have a glass of wine with dinner 2-3 nights a week (when I'm over at families house or out to dinner) then can easily finish a bottle on friday/saturday night, sometimes both.

Loeyla, I use my Syns on alcohol! Either wine or gin.

I tend to drink a bottle of wine on a Sat night (which is roughly 30 syns) then have no/low syns for a couple of days afterwards. Don't think it's the official way of using Syns but it's working for me and I still get my bottle of wine!

I don't drink alcohol but I can imagine it must be difficult when you enjoy more than an occasional glass. My syns go on chocolates and the like.
I would say though that while mug shots are free, they have no speed food with it at all and you really need to replace one third of your plate/meal with speed foods. So maybe see if you could take maybe some cherry tomatoes with you, or other veggies that are portable?
Also I assume you count your crackers as syns cause I actually know of none that are free?

ETA and just to add, the cheese on the potato might not be much but it is bound to be full fat and one slice of Leerdammer full fat is your HExA for example and that is very little, so you might actually be deceiving yourself in the amount you are having.

I don't really eat chocolate or crisps tbh.

I have salad with my mug shot. I make it with less water and dump it all on a plate with salad and sometimes Quorn chicken. Plus I always have fruit. I definitely eat my speed quotas every day with me being veggie! Id say closer to 50% of what I eat is plant.

By crackers I mean ryvitas or oatcakes. I will syn them or have them as my heb choice if I'm not having bread.

I don't know the fat content of the cheese but there isn't much I can do about that, I work in a school so I am a captive audience for lunch. I don't have enough time to get to nearest shop on my lunch. The tub of cheese is the size you would get a takeaway dip inm

Had my WI today and got my 4 stone award! :happydance::yipee::wohoo:

Well done!!

My weigh in is on a Thurs so will find out what I've lost this week. It's hard not to peek on my scales at home in between weigh ins.

AngelUK well done, I KEEP going off track :( Pah

BUT today I am 2 meals down and know what I am having for tea

xxxx

Right fresh start and been on track all day :) xxxx

good for you! I've been naughty too today but will restart tomorrow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->