• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Slimming world advice please :)

oh wow Topsy that is so well done! Go you! :D

So happy I came across this thread. I am hoping to start SW but I just don't know where to start with meals. We have a local group I am hoping to go along to next week!. .

What's your typical day like?. Sorry if its been asked , Just had a quick glance through the thread! . Thanks

Sw is fab hun and groups are good.

You could have

Porridge and fruit for breakfast

Jacket pot and tunabeans/prawns egg mayo ( syn the mayo) with salad for lunch

Gammon egg and Sw chips and veg for tea

They say every meal you eat should be 1/3 speed food -a lot of fruit and veggies

You get 1 hea (milk or cheese) a day
And 1 heb ( cereal or bread ) a day

And use between 5 and 15 syns for most people a day.

So tom sauce is 1 syn per tablespoon
A curly wurly is 6 syns
Skips crisps I think are 4 or 4.5 syns

Drinks tea, coffee ( milk can come out of your hea) diet drinks and sugar free squash you can have.

Hope that explains it a little hun?

Any questions just ask :hugs: and good luck

Xxxx

I think you explained it well Topsy!

Babybump, you will be getting lots of tips and ideas at group too and usually they have their whatsapp groups and FB groups too which exchange meal ideas and what to eat. In fact there a lot of SW FB groups anyway that you could join too for inspiration. Or you could just have a look on Instagram or pinterest. Good luck hun, this diet is probably the easiest and most humane ever! :)

Thanks ladies that's very helpful!!.

I don't really eat crisps but do chocolate and I loveeeee Cherry Coke. Thats my major downfall. Got to knock that on the head!.
Our local group is in the evening which is better! .

I will check out instagram and pinterest. Thanks again very helpful! xx

Good luck with continuing your slimming journeys. Will post more ! x

Forgot to update last week! Gained 1lb at last Thurs (so total of 3lb gain over Xmas & NY which was totally expected and thoroughly enjoyed lol!)

This week weigh in was a 3lb loss so lost my Xmas & NY gain...over the moon!

Babybump, my typical day is:

Breakfast: Usually a cup of coffee. I've never been one for eating breakfast. If I do then it's Overnight Oats or may have a Full English at the weekend (Syn Free!)

40g Oats (HeB), Syn Free Yoghurt & Frozen berries left over night.

Dinner: Sandwich (Chicken, Lettuce, Cucumber) on Wholemeal Bread (HeB if not used earlier) with mayonnaise (I use full fat mayo because I can't stand the light stuff!) with a side of Gherkins & Beetroot.

Tea: Shepherds Pie, Pasta in Tomato Sauce, Spag Bol, Stuffed Peppers, Chicken Dinner (all can be made Syn free by swapping oil/butter for Frylight or similar, making sauces from scratch etc)

I use my milk allowance (HeA) in my coffee.

I spend my Syns mainly on Wine. I use weekly Syns rather than daily, which works for me but may not work for everyone.

3lb gain over that time of year is not so bad. I am sure you will lose it quickly again. You must be quite close to target?

I put on 4lbs over xmas and NY by last Monday. That puts me 4lbs over my grace zone. I am hoping to be back in target within this week and the next. FX for us all to get back/continue on track!

3lb gain over that time of year is not so bad. I am sure you will lose it quickly again. You must be quite close to target?

I put on 4lbs over xmas and NY by last Monday. That puts me 4lbs over my grace zone. I am hoping to be back in target within this week and the next. FX for us all to get back/continue on track!

I have already lost the 3lb :) Got weighed today and had lost it in the past week. I had forgotton to update here last week with my 1lb gain.

I was still within Target even with ths 3lb gain. I am now 1lb under my target weight but going to lower it at the end of January. Want to lose another 6lb.

wow thanks for that lindsey.

Ive not managed to join this week few medical issues going on in our house but you ladies have made me feel more confident about joining so thank you!.

Good job everyone on your weight losses!! x

Got my weigh in today. When I stepped on my home scales on Thursday (which usually show the same weight as in group) I was back in target. I then proceeded to stuff my face on Saturday and yesterday and I am now above my target grace zone again. WHY do I do this to myself?! :cry: Weigh in is at 1 and I better go face the music. :cry:

Hugs Angel. Hope it wasn't too bad. I find my scales at home are hit & miss...sometimes they are bang on, sometimes they are a 1lb or 2 out.

Thanks ladies! :)
I lost 2lbs but I think part of that was cause the WI from the week before was weighed down from tummy/bowel content. I am doing an SAS log this week and hopefully that will help me not self sabotage.

Well done Angel! Great loss!

I have failed miserably tonight. Me & my eldest were making cinder toffee for school (part of his homework!) and some (well a lot) fell into my mouth....I'm not usually bothered by sweet stuff but this smelled too nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"