~~> Slimming World Diet Support Thread 2011 <~~ (Part 2!)

Hey ladies. I have been ill and so have boys but managed to lose 1.5 last night yay!

Good luck everyone, keep it up!

Well on thursday i lost another 2lbs which took me to 15.5 lbs and got me my stone award i was so proud of myself :) well done everyone, AF also just started im a little bummed about it thought i was pregnant this month but no so ive been munching on choclate chip snack a jacks 3 syns each but full of chocolatey goodness think you need a wee pig out at af time xxx

Hi girls,

Well done on all your losses and to those who haven't, don't worry too much, we all have bad weeks!

I've not done too bad with food this week, but not as good as last week. There have been a couple of instances where I've been comfort eating! Like today, had arguement with OH this morning an am now eating malteasers! WI at home on Monday, I'll be happy to maintain. Need to get back on it!

Speak soon xxx

Another long absence...my weight loss has hit a plateau the past few weeks, I've lost only about 4lb in the past 8 weeks, and I don't know why, I'm not doing anything different. The lack of results is making me want to not bother any more. Also my cycle is all messed up, I ovulated two weeks late this month, and I'm assuming it's that that has made me put on 5lb in the space of literally 24 hours. It seems to be coming off gradually the past couple of days, but I don't know what it was because it wasn't water retention (my scales measure body water and fat % as well as weight).

I'd just got my BMI back into the healthy range...it's so disheartening, I don't know if I'm ever going to be able to get to my goal :(

Tizy - A little boy how lovely :cloud9:

Well done everyone who has lost and those who haven't I'm sure next week will be a better week :hugs:

I'm still a bit up in the air with the whole syns concept. I have just had a treat of an indian with chips (I chose the lowest - rogan josh and we shared) and 1/2 lager, anyhow I weighed it and syned it in came to a massive 28.5 syns.

I haven't used my 15 syns a day all week (max I have used is 10 on one day only) so am I right in thinking this is ok? If I had used 15 syns a day this would equal 90 syns for the week so far, however my weekly syn total (including the takeaway) is 63.5. Can I do this? (ie save syns for a weekend takeaway treat)

Hope that makes sense!

Do any of you ladies have a takeaway treat each week and still lose? Hope I've not just undone all my hard work :(.

Mrs eleflump, I winder if your body has just got used to things bei g the same? Could you mix it up a bit, try new foods or go back to red and green days? Perhaps try a different exercise? Good luck hon, it must be so disheartening but don't undo your good work. It'll come off evetually xx

Mnorbury, I have wondered about syn saving too. We were told not to in group but I have noticed people doing it on here. It SHOULD be ok laths wise and weighwatchers do it don't they :shrug:

Well done all the losses and keep at it if you didn't lose - I put on 3 lb 2 weeks ago then lost 5lb this week so it can be done. I mixed it up more and hid my scales!!

You shouldnt syn save on a regular basis (I do lol) as it affects weight loss. But you can flexisyn, ie when you know you are gonna use more, be good the rest of the week etc.... just dont do it often. I do it every night after weigh in lol then spend the rest of the week making up for it!

Mrs eleflump, I winder if your body has just got used to things bei g the same? Could you mix it up a bit, try new foods or go back to red and green days? Perhaps try a different exercise? Good luck hon, it must be so disheartening but don't undo your good work. It'll come off evetually xx

Thanks Lucky, I am wondering this too. I can certainly try different foods...time to look through some recipe books I think! I have a few SW recipe books so I'll go through them and label ones I want to try, and then hubby can cook them :haha: I'm veggie, so I'm only ever on the green plan, as red days obviously don't work for me and I don't find extra easy gives me enough choice either.

I have been doing SW since the middle of february this year, so it's probable that I've just got into a rut. Plus having a husband who can eat all the junk food in the world and not put on an ounce doesn't help! He's actually quite supportive, as he sees how unhappy I am with my weight, but he's pretty clueless as to what's good and bad...I'm in the process of making him a nice excel spreadsheet with all the dishes we cook on it, and their syn values, so he knows. (I did an excel list with the housework tasks as well, as he didn't have a clue about just how much I was doing, and he's responded quite well to it...it must be a bloke thing, lol!)

I've started doing weights at the gym, but am mostly just running and swimming once a week (10k and a mile, respectively). I wonder if going for a walk every day after work might do something? I kind of have it in my head that I have to totally knacker myself to make any difference, but it's not true, is it? ;) I also have an exercise bike, it doesn't work very well, but it might be worth a shot...and a skipping rope! I hate group exercise classes, the only ones I didn't mind were pilates and spinning, and they don't do spinning at my gym and pilates is really expensive (£5 a class on top of the monthly membership fee!!!) :'(

What does everyone here do for exercise?

AND, while I think of it, do any of you have the 'bring goodies into work on your birthday' culture in your workplaces? They are very big on it at my work, and people don't just do it for birthdays. We get cakes when someone's been on holiday, when it's the anniversary of them starting work there, 'just because it's friday', when the bosses think we need cheering up a bit, etc etc, and there are loads of us so it's a rare week when we haven't got cake and biscuits and crisps and stuff.

I always home-make mine low-fat/low sugar, and bring fruit and stuff as well, but others don't bother so much. Seriously, ladies, I need strategies for resisting, because nothing works!! I've tried ignoring it, and I've tried bringing in my own low-syn goodies, and I always just end up having some anyway! My willpower and common sense goes out the window, what do I tell myself to make myself behave? Even the 'you'll regret it, think of how it will affect your weigh-in, you'll be gutted if you haven't lost this week' just gets drowned out by the cake clamouring away at me! :nope: I would be very grateful for any tricks and tips you have to help me manage!

(wow, that turned into a bit of an essay, didn't it?) :blush:

My work used to do it. But there were a few of us doing sw or ww so people brought in fruit too :thumbup: I just decided I wasnt having any so I didn't have that little voice saying I might have one. Maybe.. Cos then I'd just think about them all the time. I found this worked after a while I just ignored them. I always found bought ones a bit so so anyway so I only had one if they were homemade and I really savoured it :)

I think it's worth trying walking. It's what I do at the mo as it's good with lo :)

Mrs E; I do alot of exercise DVD's and I ride MTB.

I really want to start running but I am embarassed!

xxx

Well ladies I had my 1st weigh in and lost 1.5lb

Sounds silly but I was rather gutted as everyone I know who's done it lost at least double that in week 1 :( and I've only had 1 measly bag of crisps (I usually have 1 a day!).

A friend said it may take a couple of weeks to kick in and I might have a good loss next week, has anybody experienced this?

Well done on the losses! i only walk at the mo, but am hoping as Alex gets older I can start doing stuff x

Hi girls, sorry i have MIA but i have been stressed an sad the past wk with my angels anniversary and my mum getting worse with each passing wk an work been hectic so its been a very bad diet wk! anyway back on track now and im going to have a few red days this wk to help kickstart my loss and il be getting weighed next wed before i go for the rubella immunity blood test as i cnt face the scales this wk x

Welcome to mnorbury and smudge x

Tizy- Well done on the loss and yaaay for having a lil boy! x

Magpies- Well done on the fab an fast loss hunni! x

Mrs ele- Sorry u are having a tough time. Me too. We will get there eventually x

Well done to all the ladies who lost! i read all the posts but cnt respond too much as keep losing my connection so lose my bloody posts aswell! this is 3rd time lucky! Grrrrr. xxx

Hey look at this, I've found my home hehehe

Hello Ladies

My name is Emma and I'm a Slimming World Consultant in Sheffield.
I'm just over 4 weeks pregnant with my 4th child (although last one was 8 years ago, so kinda feel like a newbie all over again lol).

I'm just about to start a medical study at Jessops maternity hospital here in Sheffield which is called 'Help' , which I will be running once a week alongside a midwife.
It's a Slimming World group for pregnant women only, who have a bmi above 30. It's absolutely free of charge to the ladies and I'm really excited about starting it in early september.

Happy to help anyone with any sw related queries.

Keep up the great work ladies!

Emma xxx

Hi girls, sorry i have MIA but i have been stressed an sad the past wk with my angels anniversary and my mum getting worse with each passing wk an work been hectic so its been a very bad diet wk! anyway back on track now and im going to have a few red days this wk to help kickstart my loss and il be getting weighed next wed before i go for the rubella immunity blood test as i cnt face the scales this wk x

:hugs:

Hi Ladies,

So Ive been away on holiday and come back to my :bfp:!! Very excited but not really sure how its all going to work with slimming world. I dont really have loads to loose and we do need to start saving again now. What do you think? is it healthy when you are preg?

it most definately is as it's a healthy eating plan rather than a diet. It follows NHS guidelines in terms of nutritional balance and rate of weight loss.

As a guide we (at Slimming World) aim to help pregnant women try to maintain a healthy weight and therefore gain baby weight only.
If however your diet has been particulary poor prior to starting the plan, then it is not uncommon to lose weight as you start to eat more healthily.
We also encourage you to try and increase your activity levels in a way that suits you.

Hope that helps

Emma xxx

Welcome to Emma and certain turton and congrats on BFP ct :)

Well i have been good the past 2 days and stuck to plan 100% so im back ontrack! yaay. today i have eaten...

Brekky- 2 alpine light bars (heb) apple.

Lunch- Freddo bar (5 syns) apple. I was out and about. lol.

Tea- Braised steak in peppercorn sauce (2.5 syns ready meal from iceland) with a small portion of boiled rice. Apple. Blueberries.

Supper- Muller light yogurt and raspberries.

Going to make something healthy for work tomorrow as im on a late and always end up snacking! lol. gonna take a big fruit salad an a rice dish xxx

I have been sooooooooooooooo bad today! Expecting a gain or STS on weigh in :nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->