~~> Slimming World Diet Support Thread 2011 <~~ (Part 2!)

i have finally done it and joined SW last night.. have been looking at website at recipies etc but i need to ask. After you attended your 1st session did you start on SW immediatly? i feel that i need to sit and plan our meals for the week and but the ingrediants but i cant do it today. Is it ok to start on say saturday once ive bougtt everything?!!?

i really want to do this, i had heart attack last night when i actually got weighed!!

I started just over 2 weeks ago and it took me 2 days to go thru my books and go shopping for everything I needed, during those 2 days, i tried to stick to the plan with what i had in the house but i'll admit i still ate things i shouldn't have as they were way too many syns, during that 1st week i only stuck to the plan fully for 3 days and i lost 4lbs. Good luck xx

Hi girls,

Ok so I've completed my first day! If only all days will be this easy (I'm so eager to do well!).

Ok so I've had:

Jordans Museli (2 x b's) and milk (1 x a)
Salad, sliced ham, slice cheese (1 x a) and soup (5 syns)
Go ahead cherry yoghurt slices x 2 (3.5 syns)
Raspberries, grape and cherries
Total 2% yoghurt (1.5 syns)
Syn free bean chilli and rice with sour cream (1.5 syns) and 28g cheese (1 x a)

So in total I've had 14 syns, 3 x a choices and 2 x b choices.
I know I should have had less of the healthy extras but i'm just getting used to it! Also just trying to use up a few things in the fridge, will replace with syn free options after, like yoghurt and soup.

Hope everyone else is ok.

Han Xxx

Hey hun I checked and if pregnant i think you just get normal HEXs sorry but you get more if bf xx

Hey ladies, fab losses keep it up! :D

I lost a surprising 2 pound yay! :D I did more EE and red rather than just green.

Am aiming for 2 next week tho i have pizza hut tomorrow.

Hi everyone, thought I would join in here for some encouragement and ideas if thats ok :shrug:

I first started slimming world over a year ago and lost a stone before finding out I was pregnant and stopped. I didn't realise you could carry on when pregnant :dohh:
Anyway, 2 weeks after having Ryan I was only 5lb over what I was when I got my bfp but over the next few weeks put on another 7lbs :dohh: I lost that 7lb by myself and when Ryan was 12 weeks old I started following the cambridge diet. Not my ideal choice but my best friend was getting married and I needed to lose weight fast. I lost 24lb in 12 weeks and felt great at my friends wedding :thumbup:
But then I stopped cambridge and had a bit of a blow out putting on 11 lbs in just over 2 weeks :cry:
I joined slimming world last wednesday and despite eating loooaaadds this last week I have lost 6lbs :happydance:
I'm so pleased with myself, feeling very positive that this is my time to get to target!
I have 2 stone 5lb to lose to get to target, 6 down, 27 to go :thumbup: I want to have lost at least another stone by mid sept when my brother in law gets married.

Not really sure why that turned into my life story but thats me, I'm sure I'll get a lot of help from everyone here over the next few months :thumbup:

Hiya girls.

Magpies- Glad your allowing urself the odd treat. I know u are a sensible gal but we have been friends on here for a long time an just know wot ur going thru so here if u need to talk hun x

Jms- well done on the loss! x

Hi to everyone else x

I have been good today, well mostly...

Breakfast- Banana, blueberries and cuppa coffee.

Lunch- Sliced chicken, crabsticks and a apple.

Tea- Rice, chicken and home made syn free spicy african sauce. Blueberries, strawberries and grapes.

Supper- Banana butty, apple and mullerlight. Cuppa tea.

Treat- Coffee in work with a shot of mint syrup in it... naughty but delicious!

I am going to be good food wise all day tomorrow but i am going for a couple drinks after work with the girls so will stick to vod an diet coke :) xxx

Hi ladies. Im over to join! I did slimming world back in 2007-2008 in which i lost 1 pound under my 10% and 2 stone!! I went on holiday, come back and then became pregnant so i stopped :(

I have started again and this is my second week. didnt go the first week weight in as I suffered with a terrible flu.

Weight at start is 18stone, 6 and a half pounds...EEK!!!! heaviest ive ever been!!! :(
My short term target is 16st, 8 and half lbs.
Current i guess would be the same as start as i havent weight myself.

Argh i lost 2lbs last night but i needed to lose 2.5lb for my stone award so im raging lol xx

Hello ladies,
Hope ur all having a good day.

JMS895, well done on ur loss :happydance:, enjoy ur pizza, we all deserve a treat every now and then x
MissVN, welcome and well done on ur 1st loss 6lb's is great :happydance:x
Africa Queen, how r u? enjoy ur after work drinks 2nite x
Lilysmum2,welcome and good luck x
Ushotmedown, :hi: x
bump_wanted, :hugs: you'll get ur stone next week, well done on the 2lb's x

So far i'm having a good week, although at this point last week i was having a good week. it was the weekend where it went downhill :dohh:

Thank you all for the lovely welcome :thumbup:

Had a bit of a blip since my weigh in on wednesday, was so pleased with my loss that I treated myself to a chippy tea on the way home (terrible I know :blush: ) and then went out for lunch on thursday and treated myself to a chicken and cheese panini with a chocoholics cupcake for afters. Then theres been the toast and way too much cheese to count as a HE :dohh:

BUT just had a lovely big pasta salad for tea followed by strawberries, grapes and melon, hopefully I won't have done too much damage :dohh:

Morning ladies,
How r u all? We had a chocolate cake sat in the kitchen last night that my hubby needed to take to work for someones birthday it looked gorgeous i don't know how i managed not to eat it tbh, i was even thinking if i take hubby to work i could have the car so i could nip into town and replace the cake and then drop it into him :haha:, after telling hubby this he thought that was a great idea and we nearly caved in and ate some but i'm pleased to say, i held out and had a couple of morning coffee biscuits instead and thankfully now the cake has left the house :happydance: I'm finding the cravings for chocolate and cakes so hard at the moment, they were both such a big part of my life, its killing me giving them up, I know you can have some in moderation ut i have discovered if i have a little bit i give in and eat the rest :dohh: and then feel really guilty afterwards. I ended up going 10 syns over on Thursday for that reason, so from fri-tues (my wi day), i'm knocking 2 syns off a day and then hopefully i won't have done too much damage.

MissVN, i know how you feel, the 1st 2 weeks i found once i'd had that blip i thought oh well thats this week wasted i'll just carry on eating naughty things, whereas this week even though i went mad with the chocolate fingers on Thursday, i've taken control of the situation and have hopefully saved myself, i'm just hoping i've finally got my head around it now, good luck xx

I just ate 2 ww carrot cake slices then am now horrified i found out they were 4 syns each :grr: I could have had a bloody bar of chocolate! :(

Thanks Berniep, think I've pulled it round today. Have eaten loads of superspeed/ superfree foods and only had 7.5 syns :thumbup:

I went to my nieces birthday party yesterday and ended up eating way too many syns to count:dohh: i really need to get back on track today otherwise i'll have wasted another week, thats 3 weekends now i've been naughty, i really wanted 2lb's off this week for my first half a stone but i may have just boobed that up. Going to take the kids for a long walk this aft, to try to work some of it off!

Hi girls :)

Bump wanted- Still a fab loss and only 0.5lb to go for that award so you will get it next time for sure ;-) x

Berniep- We all have our off days and its allowed. I ate some things i should not of done yesterday too... went to bbq an had a burger and 2 glasses wine and then for supper a small plate of gravy and chips from chippy...aaah. Back to being good today tho :) x

MissVN- Well done for sticking to plan and you will soon be into it x

Lilysmum- Welcome! you can do it! my starting weight last may was 18.4 and iv lost 54lb since then so all very managable! ;-) x

Well ladies i was naughty yesterday but being good today. I had 2 slices toast (heb) with a scraping of light spread and marmalade (3 syns) for brekky and im planning on making a syn free roast dinner later followed by big fruit salad an vanilla yogurt :)
Hope everyone is having a nice wkend xxx

Hello to the new ladies,I'm pretty new as well!

AllyK :wave: I started straight away but refused to throw out any food, so just tried to stick to plan and use up bits and pieces with syns.

JMS thanks for checking the HE during pregnancy for me, I know I'm only meant to have 1 of each HE but I've decided to have 2 of each until my weight loss stops, then might reduce to one. Just makes it that little bit easier to stick to. Congrats on ya 2lb loss!!!

MissVN :wave: Congrats on your 6lb loss, thats amazing, SW is always good for being able to eat quantity and lose weight.

AQ I'mn interested in this syn free spicy african sauce, sounds delish, are you willing to share the recipe?

Lilysmum2 :wave:good luck.

ushotmedown hello!

Bumpwanted, well done on your loss, so annoying the last 0.5 was a bugger! Oh well you'll def make it this week! Well done tho!

Bernie, I find chocolate craving hard too, what I've done is bought some choccies which are individually wrapped (Elizabeth Shaw Mint Crisps at the moment on BOGOF at Morrisons) and then I know that its 1.5 syns per choc, so if I have 3/4 syns left at the end of the day, I'll have a few. Hope the walk helps you burn a bit, don't worry tho, tomorrow is another day!

JMS I made some SW carot cakes:
The whole cake can be enjoyed for 12½ Syns (or 7 Syns plus one Healthy Extra 'b' choice).

I made them into muffins, you get about 6, so only 2 syns each! (or 1 syn and 1 HEB) They're quite nice. But to make even nicer I added a philly light topping with lemon zest and splendour (extra 1.5 syns tho!)

4 Scan Bran (crushed)
5oz carrot (grated)
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp runny honey
3 eggs (beaten)
1 weetabix (crushed)
½ tsp mixed spice
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tbsp Splendor
2 tbsp mincemeat

1.Preheat oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4.
2. Place all the ingredients into a large bowl and mix well.
3. Turn the mixture into a lined tin, cover with foil and cook for 30 minutes. Remove foil and cook for a further 30 minutes.
4. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool.

I've done well so far, I did WI on friday and amazingly lost 4lbs after only 3 days at the plan. I'll weigh in again on Tuesday and then probs just stick to once a week.

I've tried to be organised and made an effort to make some treats so I don't veer off plan, like the carrot cakes and I also made SW rice puddings which are gorgeous!!! Anybody wants the recipe just ask.

Speak soon ladies. Xxx

Tizy- Yes of course, its a nigerian recipe as that is where my husband is from, so you would have to go to a african shop or world food market to get the spices needed x

x1 carton of passata( i buy the cheapie from asda)
large pinch sea salt
2 magi cubes( world food market)
heaped tablespoon of obe ata seasoning(world food market)
1 large large chopped

Just cook all ingrediants together and i tend to fry light some diced chicken breast and add that, then add the sauce to rice and mix well. Really delicious :) and serves 2.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->