~~> Slimming World Diet Support Thread 2011 <~~ (Part 2!)

Here you go! Be warned about the after effects :haha:

1 can mixed bean salad
1 can green lentils
2 cans chopped tomatoes
1 can baked beans
Handful of split lentils
2 large leeks
1 large onion
4 large carrots
2 parsnips
Green, red or yellow pepper
2 beef stock cubes
Salt & pepper
Mixed herbs
Water (enough to cover all ingredients)

Chop all veg and put everything in pan, cover with water bring to boil and simmer until veg are soft.

Can be left chunky or blended.

Thanks a million hun :happydance:

I used to love this but lost the recipe. It's sooo filling!! I leave some bits of it out tho as i don't like leeks and other things.

I tried blending it once and it was minging, much bettter chunky :) xxx

Hi girls.

I have realised why my loss has only been at most 2lbs when i have stuck to plan so much... i could kick myself! been having rice most days but the frozen one from iceland that u microwave and i checked packet last night an sunflower oil is main ingredient!! tried to check on syn value but cant find out but i should imagine its not good and iv been eating a lot of it... Ooops! will be cooking rice from dry now ans hoping for a better outcome!

Just had a Choc Coconut options drink an omg it is AMAZING! think they are 2 syns and so tasty. Also LOVE the new mint choc muller lights! nom nom.
Stew for tea soon.
I think il make some ss soup as i really need to lose 10lb within next 2.5 wks xxx

i have fallen off the wagon :( it all started last night. Had real pizza instead of syn free pizza, today have had a belvita for bfst, starbucks skinny muffin for dinner a peanut butter bagel, soup and granary bread and some choc buttons. :S seriously, must do better tomorrow. Weekends are my downfall - anyone else? x

Thanks for the recipe Jade! :thumbup:

Well today I've gone over in syns... I've had 22... we were out for dinner at a friend's house. He made gnocchi bake with some mascarpone, I had a glass of wine and a half portion of tarte au citron... but resisted the snacks and the chocolates handed round after dinner.

BUT I only had 2.5 syns on Thursday and 3 syns on Friday so I had planned for this meal out! :haha: Hoping that it keeps the damage limited.

Kitten... don't let one broken tulip make you throw out the whole bunch! :hugs:
ie.. it's just one day (maybe two).. tomorrow is a new day with new challenges... and you can do this! Take it one meal at a time and just try to make the best choice you can! :hugs:

Aww cat that is lovely. My consultant sent me that in a txt once and it really lifted me up xx

thank you :) going to mums later for syn free sunday lunch. today is a new day!

good for you honey!! :thumbup:

It is lovely isn't it Lisa! I always remind myself that after a bad day!

I have to tell you ladies that I'm ever so proud of myself. This is the longest I've ever stuck to a diet plan before. WW I only ever managed 3 weeks before stopping sticking to the plan! Not sure why I couldn't just stick to it... but I never did!

I always have thoughts and dreams of me being thin and then end up bigger than I started and weirdly this time I KNOW it's going to happen.

Anyway... thought I'd just share that with you all! Not sure where this determination is coming from but as far as I can see... a year's hard work and sticking to healthy living and I'll be a much happier person!

PS... this is a New Years Resolution that's not going to fail! :haha:

Got my new bike this morning. I haven't ridden a bike (other than spinning) since moving here from South Africa 8 years ago and even then, I think I hadn't been on my bike back home for a good few years before I left... I need the bike for the Triathlon I'm doing in Sept! :thumbup:

MummyCat I know exactly what you mean! I have done WW on and off for years and I always manage to stick to it for a bout 5/6 weeks and then I get fed up and fall off the wagon! I just feel like with SW I am going to stick with it as I am really enjoying it and in 2 weeks I have not once felt deprived (on WW I felt like that every day lol).

You sound really motivated, its so inspiring to hear people talk like that because it makes me think I can do it too! I am focusing on my wedding in June, I have spent so much money on my dress I want it to look amazing. I don't have a massive amount of weight to lose, I just want to feel comfortable again and fit into my pre baby wardrobe!

We CAN do it!!!

x

Cath- Lovin the pma! u go girl! ;-) x

Kitten- we all have off days. You will get back into it x

Hi to JMS, leash and all the gang x

AFM- Well i STS today when i got weighed which is hardly surprising seeing as i had a pasty the other day, followed by a cake... last night i had trifle after dinner an then some of dh's chippy chips in the evening with a few glasses of rose... aaaah.
I was lucky to of STS really! today i have been really good and only syns i used were for low fat flora for my toast. Deffo gonna lose 4lbs by next week as i am gonna stop cheating an get some disipline! lol xxx

Thanks lovelies!! Leash... you are going to look stunning in your dress! :thumbup:

STS is not bad at all AQ! :hugs: good luck for this week xx

:hi: everyone :flower:

I lost on slimming world few pounds before I got pregnant and now when my little one is 12wks I would like to start this diet again.
Would you recommend me to join group or do you think I could do this all by myself. As you all are mummies you understand that time is very pressures , can't really join gym because I have no family near by to look after little one so I am guessing lots of walking for me :wacko:
any little tips before I do my Tesco shopping and start my diet?

Thank you so much
xxxx

Ohhh struggling today. I'm tired i feel rough with a cold and want cake!!!!!

So far I've resisted and had grapes and a cuppa soup, I'm going to try a hot bath and spag Bol and hope the cravings go&#55357;&#56833;&#55357;&#56833;&#55357;&#56833;&#55357;&#56833;&#55357;&#56833;&#55357;&#56833;

Hi Butterfly :hi:

welcome :)

its pretty easy to follow but I still think you'd be better off/more likely to stick to it if you attend a group & stay to class instead of getting weighed & going home

id say just stock up on plenty fresh fruit & veg, Muller lights/any other fat free yoghurt, skinless chicken breasts/lean beef/pork etc, pasta/rice/potatoes & that will give you a good basis to work from xx

Hi Butterfly :flower: Nicky has pretty much covered what sort of foods you would need to be starting off with I think. I agree that it is better to join a group though, it really helps you to feel motivated. I actually enjoying staying for the meeting and have picked up a few tips and recipes too.

MummyCat - thanks! I am so determined to get the 'Oooohs' and 'Aaaahs' when I walk down the aisle :winkwink:

Had my WI tonight and another 1lb off so thats 6lbs in 2 weeks. I am happy with 1lbs since I had the 18 syn pudding on Tues and its my 'time of the month' so it will do for me!

Going to try really hard this week and get at least 2lbs off next week!

x

Leash well done that's fab. Keep going that's really good.

Hello butterfly. I've just started and find the diet fairly simple but the thought of not losing at my weigh in is keeping me straight so it is worth going to groups I think but that could be cos I have very little will power!!

Leash well done that's fab. Keep going that's really good.

Hello butterfly. I've just started and find the diet fairly simple but the thought of not losing at my weigh in is keeping me straight so it is worth going to groups I think but that could be cos I have very little will power
!!

This is very true. When my consultant goes round the group and says what people have lost, I never want to have a gain and if someone loses several pounds then I wanna know how they did it lol!

x

Thank you girls. Will look in to local group. I think my old one was moved in to another location which is shame but maybe new one will be even closer/ or better lol.
I also managed to find my old books and had few ideas again what to do.
once I register with group I'll put my targets on here. It is really good that you set this thread here as you can keep yourself motivate + give each other tips
xxx

evening ladies! Went abit of track this weekend, Friday night a full bottle of 20/20 and sat night, HUGE takeaway! but felt rotten for it yest, I decided it was a takeaway hangover.
Back on track today (altho not really eaten anything as was ill again last night).

anyone got the recipe for Syn free pancakes? x

well done Leash! :yipee:

sorry Danielle I haven't got the pancake recipe hun xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back