~~> Slimming World Diet Support Thread 2011 <~~ (Part 2!)

Hi I just got a starter pack ordered on ebay as I didn't want to pay for inline membership

Ladies that are clued up can u help me before my pack arrives please :)

So tomorrow

I was going to have

Lean bacon
Mushrooms
Egg
1 slice of brown toast ( no butter )

Lunch couple slices of ham, slice of bread

Dinner is where I'm stuck
I wanted to make a syn free curry, but I don't know how much rice I can have ?

Also could I have beans if wanted with the breakfast

I'd want a bit of milk for two coffee

How many syns have I used? I'm hoping to save them up for my weekend vino

Thx xx

Hi I just got a starter pack ordered on ebay as I didn't want to pay for inline membership

Ladies that are clued up can u help me before my pack arrives please :)

So tomorrow

I was going to have

Lean bacon
Mushrooms
Egg
1 slice of brown toast ( no butter )

Lunch couple slices of ham, slice of bread

Dinner is where I'm stuck
I wanted to make a syn free curry, but I don't know how much rice I can have ?

Also could I have beans if wanted with the breakfast

I'd want a bit of milk for two coffee

How many syns have I used? I'm hoping to save them up for my weekend vino

Thx xx
If you have wholemeal bread you can use the two slices as a healthy extra instead of syns and the beans are free so yes I can add them in. Milk is also a healthy extra if u keep in the limit they allow. Curry wise the chicken tikka masala recipe on the website is really nice and states how much rice to use in it.

I found the planning a bit confusing the first week but it gets easier as u get going with it. The books give lots of ways to use your healthy extras etc.

Thanks I checked and as it's extra easy I can have any amount a guess ?

Also how many syns a day ? Thx again

Thanks I'm going to try and keep it low.. Is there a food diary people share here ? X

I'm looking through the recipes and just can't believe you can eat this and lose weight

Sparkle - I have never tried Red and Green days but I think the Extra Easy Plan sounds a lot easier than Red and Green, that's just my opinion though.

I'm due on the 3rd May and have about 89 days left :D

Bailey - Hiya! Welcome to the thread :wave: :hugs:

I decided to start my Slimming World journey today rather than wait until Thursday, I already have the books from the last time I joined so I'm going to do it myself at home, here is my starting paragraph, please will anyone correct me if I'm wrong with Syn Values or any Healthy Extra's as I'm still learning myself, thank you :)

Monday 3rd February 2014

Day 1 Of Slimming World

Start Weight - 17st 7lbs! :blush: :(

27 Weeks and 2 Days Pregnant

Breakfast - 2 Weetabix with Semi Skimmed Milk and 1 Apple (1 Healthy Option A and 1 Healthy Option B)

Dinner - 114g Beef & Tomato Pot Noodle (8 Syns)

Tea - Jacket Potato with Light Philadelphia, Pasta with Tinned Tomato's, Lean Bacon and Chicken Pieces.

Snacks - 2 Slices of Toasted Wholemeal Bread (400g) and Beans (2 Healthy Option B)

Ex- is your light philly your second hexa?
Sparkle - I've always been told with sw there's no saving syns for the weekend?
Provided you fill 1/3 your plate with veggies from the superfree list then you can eat unlimited free foods.
I've not been keeping my diary this week and I've been a bit off track since the weekend but I've had very little appetite so hopefully I've not done too much damage xx

Oh dear think I mucked up as with a curry I only had onions in it.. I just don't fancy a plate of veggies with it x

One meal won't hurt.
You can start a meal with a salad or melon as your super free.
Add peppers, tomatoes, various veg and mix with either your rice or curry.
Was the sauce made from tomatoes? That counts towards your superfree xx

Ok thanks I didn't realise u can have fruit first.

I made the sauce with herbs and stock and added a little fat free yogurt

I had quite a bit of rice, honestly can't see how this is a diet :) I bet I gain

It's surprising but you do lose and fast if you stick to it 100% and eat all your veggies xx

Don't worry if there wasn't much veg in the curry sparkle, I think the idea of 1/3 of the plate being veg is so that you are filling up on the veggies as they are the best food for you and least calories. As Raspberry said just eat some fruit before or after to bulk up your superfree foods.

So today will be my first day (I worked a 13 hour shift yesterday and there was no way I could have done well, plus I weigh myself on Tuesdays anyway!).
I'm 18 weeks pregnant today and my weight is 164 lbs (11 stone 10lb). I'm only 5ft 1 inch so according to my midwife my BMI is 30.8 and I should weigh closer to 8 stone. Im aiming to just maintain but I won't be upset if I go up to a max of 13 stone as that's what I went up to when carrying Emilia and I weighed less at the start of that pregnancy than this one.

Don't worry too much, you can try and just eat healthy and then hopefully not as hard to lose when you've had the baby.

Does anyone know how many syns s are in the chicken on sticks you get from the deli at the supermarkets

I had 4 for lunch ( sweet chilli chicken )

Raspberry - Yeah it was :D

Sparkle - You will be amazed at how much you can actually eat with Slimming World and still gain weight, it's amazing! :D

Bailey - Happy 18 weeks :happydance:

I have well and truly fluffed up today! We went to Iceland and I was starving and didn't have anything to eat on me, I was that hungry, my tummy started hurting so I had to get something there and then, I ended up having an Egg Mayonnaise Sandwich on Oatmeal bread, I asked on the Facebook Slimming World group that I'm a member of if anyone knew how many Syns it was and the Sandwich was 18 Syns! Oops! Really disappointed in myself! :dohh: :(

Oh don't worry Excalibur, I've had massive fights with df today so been feeling sorry for myself and ate 2 bags of monster munch and 2 of my graze boxes :-( so you aren't the only one! We can do this though, and when you are pregnant and hungry you have to eat.
Think I need to find some better less synful treats for days when I feel low lol!

Don't give up on the rest of the week. I caved and had dominos and a McDonalds last week and still lost a 1lb by going syn free on the other 5 days. I was so surprised. Felt like a total fraud cos it took me to my first half stone award pmsl.

Ate at mil twice today so no idea on the syn value I'll just eat fruit if I'm hungry tonight, and hopefully nothing too bad tomorrow.
I weigh less on their scales today than I did last week so I'm hopeful, if only I could shift this constipation xx

Could someone tell me if you think this is too much

Breakfast - poached egg, once slice of bacon. ( fat removed ) mushrooms and a slice of toast no butter

Lunch - chicken with rice and I made a syn free sauce

Dinner ill prob have a potato with some left over bolognaise that's in the fridge

I've used milk from my healthy extra in coffee

Oh and a muller light snack

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"