~~> Slimming World Diet Support Thread 2011 <~~ (Part 2!)

I have had 6.5 today so I suppose that's better :)

New to all this so need all the advice you can give

Thanks

Mines higher than yours :blush:

I started in the 10/03/11 and my short-ish term goal is 18st.

Nay bother hun added ya :D

There's a couple of people I don't have up there still (if they want!) Mrs Elefump, LandN, ames_x and a few others - apologies if you've given me your details before! (Or if you've asked not to be put on the front page.. honestly I'm so scatty). And Pandaspot if you'd like aswell :D

Hiya

Decided to give SW another try - been off it since Nov, was doing fine for ages, didnt put any on, then I started Clomid last month and its creeping back.

Cooking for the week right now - thats usually the thing which throws me, I cba to cook so just eat toast or some crap

So, Ill weigh in this week, just need to look which class I want to go to which doesnt clash with classes at the gym. On my home scales im 16st 2, want to get down to 13st/30BMI (eek) in case I need IVF - just seen the success rates for overweight ppl, have it printed on my fridge right now :)

Ive done SW before and lost weight on it, lost 3 stone last year and around the same a few years ago. Giving EE a go this week, but I have tried it before and I must have done something wrong as I didnt lose on it. I usually do green, but I think I'll find it a bit easier if I cut down on carbs - I have PCOS - but dont think I can go completely without :)

Right ladies I have just signed up to SW online. I have a lot to learn as I have always gone away from proper slimming club because I don't like things like 'diet' foods being seen as good and I've always felt slimming clubs do this.

However, I decided that after reading loads on here and elsewhere that people do really well on it and that its up to you to still eat well. I suppose I like to eat 'clean' so I need to combine that side of me with SW's rules!

I'm not really sure where to start yet, bit scared of failing at it but I really really need to lose weight. Last time I weighed myself I was 12 st 10lb I think and I'm only 5'4", I used to be 9st 10lb which is where I would love to get back to. Interim goal is 11st though. How long do you reckon it will take to get there?

Sorry, my mind is buzzing at the moment, excited but nervous....

Thanks Lozzy21, I suppose that might be why then - I ate fairly well before starting SW, my problem was simply too much chocolate, and too many sauces-out-of-jars, lol! I was also taking tablets that caused me to rapidly put on weight (2 stone in less than 6 months, aaargh!) so I suppose my weight gain wasn't all to do with my eating habits.

My BMI started off at 28.something, so I suppose that's relatively low...someone else on this thread, I think it was Africaqueen, also said that the people who lose loads in their first week(s) are those who have a lot to lose. I'd like to get rid of 2st 10lb in total.

All those of you who dislike quorn sausages, try Cauldron's lincolnshire sausages. They *are* 1/2 a syn each, but for the improvement in taste it's worth it :haha: they are awesome!

Kate&Lucas, I would indeed like to be on the front page! My details are:
Start date - 12/2/11
Starting weight- 12st 0lb
Long term goal- 9st 4lb
Loss so far - 5lb

Went for my run this afternoon, was aiming to increase my distance from 5k to 6.5k, but got about 15 mins in and my legs were so heavy, I couldn't breathe properly, my stomach was hurting...so I walked most of the way back, making my distance only 3.25km :( I hope I'm not coming down with something...hopefully my body just needs a couple of days rest, as I have been pushing it a bit lately...

Quorn peppered steak, mash, and veg (peas, carrots, cabbage, leeks) tonight. Was going to have that last night but hubby was home late-ish and I'd already eaten. Otherwise have had wholemeal toast (2 slices, HEb1), spaghetti hoops, 2 poached eggs for 'brunch', and some grapes and a snacksize ripple as snack-food.

Added you hun :)
+ You did well getting to 3.25km! I don't think I could get to 1 :lol:

I'm on a bit of a 'speed attack' atm - I need to have another stone off (at least!) by Lucas' birthday party (April 30th), the dress I've picked for the party only goes up to a size 20, and I'm a 22 atm.
I went and got my week's shopping today (£70 it cost me!! For me and Lucas! This SW is killing my pocket :haha:), so I've stocked up on all good SS stuff, swapped my blueberries and grapes for raspberries and melon and such.
Made a looovely fish pie for dinner with lots of S and SS.. and then got a text while I was cooking it that really angered me and now I can't eat it I'm too angry :growlmad::dohh:

Hiya & welcome to all the newbies x

Kate - Did you eat the fish pie?? I love fish pie but DH will only eat cod & that has to be in batter :dohh: i could make a small one & see if Finley will eat it I suppose x Must find a good SW recipe x infact think there might be one in their magazine I got last month x Will have a look x
As usual my weekend was a bit off so doing my hardest to keep on track from now till WI on thursday x
I did go for a really long walk yesterday though through the fields with Finley, my mum, my sister & my 2 nieces, we were gone for an hour, Finley loved it x Even had a pggy back race with my sister lol she had Finley & I had my 4 yr old niece, guess who did more work lol x

Weather looks nice again so hoping to get out the house for some more walking x

Have a good day girls x

I was playing football yesterday and running around after Hallie afterwards in a charity match so I got the most exercise I've had in a long time, I'm aching all over.

although I left without breakfast and by the time we left at 3pm I was STARVING so I had a big mac meal.

So yesterday I had a Big Mc meal for dinner :dohh: 2 pieces of wholemeal toast (HEb) for tea & a fab lolly ice (4syns) & a cupcake :dohh:

Not ate anything yet today, gunna go have poached eggs on toast me thinks. For tea I think it will be chicken breast and a jacket potato & beans. Dunno what to give Darren though in replace of the chicken as I'm not going out today to get quorn fillets. :shrug:

eurgh dont know what it is today but I really want a to pig out, I want sweets, crisps & chocolate :dohh:
I have a bag of skittles in my bag & they are calling me x Its taking all of my strength not to eat them!!!
Today's been good so far aswell x
B- 28g sultanan bran with milk (hea) sweetner
L- 2 babybel light, a big salad, a sugar free jelly & a WW fat free yoghurt
D- I'm making the SW chicken chow mein x I got the recipe from their new Iphone App x

So technically I havent actually had any syns & if I follow my meal plan then I'll have had none all day so i could have the skittles (181 cals so around 9 syns i think) but going out with mum after work so think I'll wait till then & see if we go out to a cafe x

My weakness are Mint Clubs, trying to think of an alternative. Alpen light bars are my usual sweet fix, but theyre not v naughty are they ^^

My naughty comfort food now isn't naughty at all it's syn free :happydance: Made up I found something that satisfied my sweet tooth.

Syn free pancakes, lemon juice, canderell, strawberries & bananas.

Strawberries, bananas and yoghurt on top.

Or bananas with a low fat custard pot if i have spare syns as they are 4 syns each I think.

Also Fab & Mini Twisters lollyices are 3.5 and 4 syns.

Mmm syn free pancakes sound nice, bet theyre made with Quark or something equally disgusting :p Will have to dig my recipe books out. Just Dl'd the app, wish it had a points calc on it, rly annoying being out and not knowing how many points things are.

Syn free pancakes are just 1 egg, vanilla essence, canderell. THATS IT! Doesn't taste like an omelette at all either even though thats effectively what it is it doesn't taste remotely eggy!

I made the syn free pancakes the other day and loved them! Think I will have them later as a treat after my tea :D

I wasn't expecting much from them at all and I really, really enjoy them. I've used a bottle of vanilla essence in a few days :blush:

I think I'll have to buy a new bottle if I get addicted to them lol

Hi ladies can I join your club?

Doing slimming world at home with the books. Just started again - last time I did it for a six week stretch and lost a stone which I was thrilled with. Then I just... stopped. I don't know why since it really seemed to suit me!

Anyway, back on the wagon now, hoping to shed some weight before I get pregnant - I keep reminding myself how much I want that lovely bump to look like a bump, and not a wobbly mass of belly fat!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->