~~> Slimming World Diet Support Thread 2011 <~~ (Part 2!)

I did have the fish pie Reedy :lol: - it was gorgeous! Will deffo be making it again. I just improvised :haha:

Cranberry - the general rule is 1 syn = 20 cals. That doesn't take into account any free food though.
Going to have to try those pancakes AL! They sound lush :D

Welcome Why Bird :flower:

Well it's WI for me tomorrow.. had a sneaky weigh and according to my own scales I've lost 3lbs :happydance:
Trying to get another one off by tomorrow :haha:

Hi ladies.

Welcome Why Bird :)

Hello to everyone and hope everyone is well.

It has been a SHOCKING wkend for me. Had a big row with dh on fri night so went and drank lots of vodka... then sat night i went to stay at my friends in lancaster and we drank lots.. then sunday we had her grandaughters christening and i had a few drinks but a plate full of food such as quiche, and all fatty tasty stuff and then tiramasiu (spelt wrong,lol) then for my tea i was so tired after work that i had a big mac meal.... aaaah.
I can honestly say im annoyed with myself but i have felt so sad over my mum being ill and over the row with dh that i just turned to drink and then it was a downward spiral... Just made chicken pasta for work tomorrow and i will be having no treats at all intill after WI on fri as i know for sure i will of gained around 1-2lb. Well pissed off with myself but the emotions got the better of me this wkend xxx

Evening all

First official WI tonight, feel motivated for now but lets see in a few weeks. AQ I can understand about turning to drink/food when things go tits up, its indulging our basic needs and self soothing, never works for longer than 10 seconds tho does it :/

Lasagne and salad for dinner then I think Im gonna eat some cheese and maybe a skinny cow for afters. Not had any syns so far today or yday. Im used to having 2 HexB on Green and rly missing the second one, but Im sure I will get used to it.

Could you put me on the front page, official WI was 16st 1lb and target is 12st13 (13st rly but I want to be out of my teens hehe)

Cranberry good luck! u will love it!

I am going to be good tomorrow and for rest of wk and not ruin the whole wk with my depression. Need to get my pma back no matter what xxx

AQ- I think you can let this week slide hun after everything your going through at the minute x Put the weekend behind you & get back on the wagon from today, I'm sure by friday you'll be fine & may even lose a pound or two :hugs:

AL- I really need to make those pancakes, but never get round to it :dohh: will make them tonight after Zumba x

Well yesterday seeing as I had maybe 1-2 syns all day I ate the skittles & they were bloody worth it lol x I'd been up since 5.30am with Finley, then at work till 1.30pm got home went for a lovely hour long walk with Finley then got home & Finley was nodding off so picked him up to put him bed & he threw the biggest wobbler, he had a complete meltdown for an hour & 15 minutes with a 10 minute nap inbetween, to say i was shattered is an understatement :dohh: I was in bed for 9pm & asleep before my head hit the pillow :sleep:

Had the SW chicken chow mein, you girls have to make it, its amazing, the marinade for the chicken is to die for & would be great on a chicken kebab x Infact might make those for dinner next week with peppers, mushrooms, onion & tomato yummy x

Morning ladies!

Had official WI this morning - not very impressed!! According to their scales I've only lost 1/2lb :( Gutted because I've been so good.
I was really disheartened and wasn't going to stay for group, but I'm glad I did because my SW leader made a point of saying how proud she is of members who don't start to drop out when they're not happy with their losses. Just got to power through and make sure I stick at it bob on this week, she's given me a food diary so I can 'write as I bite', lol.
Still 1st 6.5lbs lighter than I was at the start of the year :)

Where's the recipe for the chow mein Reedy? I love chow mein!
I'm making thai chilli king prawn & chicken skewers tonight, got my king prawns and chicken marinating in the fridge - can't wait! Gonna fill my plate up with a ton of SF aswell :D

Added you Cranberry :thumbup:
Hope you're feeling a bit better AQ :hugs:

Kate, you might find you loose quite a bit next week. 1/2 lb is still a loss!

Mm chicken chow mein sounds like a good idea.

Anyone got any ideas what to do with pasta n sauce to make them EE friendly? Used to eat a ton of them on Green but dont rly fancy them with salad, and the whole point is that theyre lazy so cooking a load of brocolli to go with just sounds like too much hard work. Thinking about putting frozen veg in while it cooks or something, Im such a bad cook tho, anyone have ideas of what to use?

Do you mean the batchelors pasta and sauce packs? I normally cook some chicken or bacon and have that with it and some peppers or something :)

That's the ones. Trying to find some way to stuff 1/3 superfree food into it-used to add quorn but that's just plain free.

Ah yeah I have spinach or salad or chargrilled pepper when Im having superfree food with it :)

Thanks Kate! :D I felt better yesterday and did a 6.75km run, feeling mighty pleased with myself. I also had a go on the body composition analyser at the gym...it says my bone mass and muscle mass are good, fat % a bit too high, but most of it is subcutaneous rather than visceral, so apparently that's easier to shift. However it put my weight at what I was when I started SW over 4 weeks ago!!! I haven't used this machine before so I don't know if it weighs heavy or anything, but I wouldn't have thought so?? Depressed by that. The trainer bloke says he wasn't too interested in the 'weight' and 'BMI' parts of the readings, but that's easy for him to say being a fit muscly bloke :(

Being a bit bad tonight, having a glass of wine and some mushroom pasta with a cream-type sauce...am using elmlea light, but it still takes me right up to my syns limit. I had my usual tropical fruits + banana + sultana bran + milk for breakfast, an activia fat-free strawberry yog for break, veg chilli + rice for lunch (and a naughty crinkle crunch biscuit...), and a nice cuppa at the moment.

Think I'm going to have some sort of sausagey pasta tomorrow for dinner...anyone know if passata mixes well with extra-light laughing cow or dairylea? I want to make a creamy-tomato-ey sauce without actually using cream...

first week done and i lost 1lb 3/4 i was so good i was expecting a bigger loss than that, but i didnt start exercising till today, so i will exercise all this week. sign back up to the gym and see if this week is better

OH lost 3lb :) but i also feel :( about that lol

A loss is still a loss!

I've changed my WI to Friday morning.

Today I've been sooooo good!

Breakfast - 2 Alpen light bars (HEb) and Banana

Dinner - Cous Cous with tomato and a weight watchers rice pudding (5 syns)

Snack - Banana and Options Hot choccy (2 syns?)

Tea - SW chips with lean steak, then SW pancakes with banana, strawberries and a mullerlight. Sooooo stuffed now!

Will have a glass of milk before bed for my HEa. Usually i have chocolate every day for my syns and go right up to my syn limit, but today I've been really good!

Does anyone with online access know how many syn values the Kinder Chocolate Snack Bars (21g) are? They're not in my directory, but it is over a year old so a bit outdated :dohh:

first week done and i lost 1lb 3/4 i was so good i was expecting a bigger loss than that, but i didnt start exercising till today, so i will exercise all this week. sign back up to the gym and see if this week is better

OH lost 3lb :) but i also feel :( about that lol

Men always lose faster hun, dont be too dissapointed :)

Girls i need help, since starting iv been sooo hungry but im not actualy hungry since im eating more than i was before.

Today iv had,

A slice of toast,
A pizza made with tortilla,veg, cheese and tinned tomatos
2 alpen light bars
Muller light
bananna
Large bunch of grapes
Mug shot
Salmon stir fry with noodles (big serving)

And i still feel hungry :dohh:

I seem to always be hungry too. Maybe it's our bodies adjusting to eating healthier? :shrug:

Well done on the losses ladies :) a loss is a loss and all combines to make a great loss x

Hi to everyone else and i hope we are all doing ok.

I have felt a lot more positive about my diet an the IVF today and stuck to plan 100% :)

I have had...

Breakfast- x1 alpine light apple and sultana bar (half of heb) crumbled in a vanilla muller light and a apple.

Dinner- Chicken with pasta and sauce made with tomatoes, chilli's, onion and garlic.

Tea- 2 small jacket potatoes with 3 light cheese triangles(hea) and a lamb chop with cauli and carrots.

Supper- x1 alpine light bar(other half of heb) and a apple.

No choc and no snacks and il do the same tomorrow. Also going to the gym after work tomorrow too for 40 mins and same on thur :)

xxx

I get hungry when I go from eating crap to eating well as my body doesn't like the blood sugar dropping. Try eating some sugary fruit like grapes, maybe just need weaning off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->