~~> Slimming World Diet Support Thread 2011 <~~

fine, spag bol with salad! Still, if you eat too many carbs or protein, you'll gain weiht :shrug:

But it wouldnt be a viable diet if it didnt work and lots of people wouldnt have lost weight on it? What works for some wont work for others like everything in this world :)

Suppose. If ths doesnt work for me this week then back to boring WW :(

I think SW works once you get your head round it, afterall its just healthy sensible eating!!!

Blah to be honest I dont get how it works but Ive read so many success stories, it must do:thumbup:

Chin up girl, onwards and upwards:flower:

You are going to have down weeks where you put on, its just human nature!! Don't let it dishearten you!!!

It does work girls. The principle of it is, that you will be full after a good eat and wont carry on eating. Yes you can eat "unlimited" but obviously within reason. lol. Its like if u went to a "all you can eat" chinese buffet and literally emptied out all the food onto your plate... the owner would not be too happy! lol.

It does take a bit of getting your head round but stick with it and it works and its not a diet its a lifestyle in the end xxx

I've decided I'm going to join you ladies in here :thumbup:
I'm on SW, I've been on it for about two months and I've lost a stone so far, but I just seem to be plateauing at the moment :nope: I really need to be thin and beautiful for the summer!!:haha:

Crap weighed myself today and I have put weight back on not as much as I first weighed but almost!!!! :cry: xxxx

Hi Ladies, can I join you? Been on SW for 2 weeks and lost 5lb :) Only have another 5lb to go...:happydance:

It really does work...I had my doubts in the beginning, but I can honestly say Im really surprised.

Good Luck everyone

Morning all

hows everyone getting on with SW?

i find myself forever looking up on how many syns food has in it, is becoming rather addictive lol

ive been on it since saturday and ive lost 4lbs already

xx

Welcome Queenemsie and Plus2! :happydance:

BeautyWithin - I've not really had much problem with counting Syns, if you have a look on the site there's a calculator, but tbh I just use mine as an 'extra' - for instance I know my favourite biccie is 3.5 or crisps are 6, but I try to plan my main meal syn-free (unless I've followed one of the recipes). I probably just find it easier after being on WW though - pointing every little thing was a royal pain in the arse!

Dawny - sorry to hear you've put on :( was it your weekly weigh-in? I found my weight fluctuates by upto 7lbs during the day so I'll only check the same time every week now, I'm trying not to check in between.

I've got a bowl of king prawns marinating in the fridge today (can you even marinate prawns? I just wanted to have fun making the sauce :blush:) - making thai king prawn skewers with stir-fry for dinner tonight - yum yum yum!

Morning girls :)

Queenemsie- welcome to the thread hun and well done on the loss so far :)

Beauty- you are doing well too :)

Kate- Im coming to yours for dinner! Nom Nom :)

Well as for me i woke up before with a major resemblance to Leslie Ash! talk about a trout pout! the swelling has well and truly come out today :-(
Im having a cuppa now but will have some mashed up choc weetabix with warm milk soon as i am a lil peckish. xxx

I'll puree you some prawns :winkwink:

Gahh roll on 1pm can't wait to get out of work :coffee:

hiya everyone :)
how much exercise do you do daily? im going on the wii every other day for 30 mins but try & get out daily for a walk with the double pushchair xx

I find it difficult to get it in tbh. I've started getting off the bus about 3 stops before my normal stop when I'm going to work, and then walk back to the main bus station on the way back, which is 3 stops again. That's about 4 days a week and about 30/40 mins in all a day. Other than that I'm stumped :blush:
I want to join the gym but I need a gym buddy. It's easier for me to join the one near work and no-one will travel that far! :(

hi girls :hi:
Please can I join?? I did SW a few years ago & lost half a stone which was all I needed to lose back then not the case now :nope:
I havent joined a group or the online group becasue tbh i just cant afford the £6 a week it costs or the online fee x but I have all the books from before so know what I'm doing I just need some support because I tend to lose motivation easily when I'm on my own but at least with this group I know I can turn to you guys for some support like I have done with ttc, pregnancy & parenting x

I weighed myself this morning for the first time in & long time & tbh I was disgusted with myself when I saw how much i weighed :cry: I'm only 5ft 1 x
I'm hoping to lose around 2 stone x

Claire xx

I#ve still not lost anything but will keep going til 'official' weigh in on Monday. My friend who gained last week lost 4lbs this week so FX for me.

this plan does work. my friend lost 3 stone last year and looks amazing and still folows the plan easily. i had an apple and banana for brekkie, peppered makeral fillet with salad and a dressing made with fat free fromage frais, and having no syn wedges marinated in garlic and fish later .... after my weigh in..... eek! i do feel slimmer and healthier. and i think my body must be detoxing a little as i have 3 spots! grr! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->