Slings and C-sections

Discussion in 'Natural Parenting' started by K477uk, Jun 5, 2011.

1. K477uk

K477uk Mum of One!

Last time I had an emergancy section, and struggled to carry Isaac up until about 8 weeks... But didn't have a sling, just used a front carrier jobby.

This time, I'm planning on a VBAC... As last time got to 10cm with only g&a, but I know anything can happen. I knows its really early... But I trying to work out if I need to exchange my pushchair for a double one (I walk loads...especially after section and coouldnt drive!) or can I get a sling that I can use straight away, even if I end up with another section?

2. MrsMils

MrsMils New Mummy

Although I didn't use it for probably the first 5 days (really didn't feel like doing anything!), I used my close carrier after that, because its so adjustable I just had LO up very high (as it says to anyway), so nothing was anywhere near my section wound. Hope that helps!

3. K477uk

K477uk Mum of One!

Thanks... I'll have a look at that! I def didn't leave the house much before that.. And certainly not alone, so can cope with that!

4. veganmum2be

veganmum2be 1 Son two angels.

i used a wilkinet carrier 6 days after my c section, a good supportive carrier should carry all of baby high up away from the c section wound and pressure on it anyway, i'd guess it would be fine :) fingers cossed for your vbac anyway :) xxx

5. lindsayscoob

lindsayscoob Mummy to 2 girlies

I used my Close carrier 4 days after c sec, it was fine as it holds her high and off the wound.

6. patch2006uk

patch2006uk Well-Known Member

We used a close and a stretchy wrap from about a week after my c-section. I found it easier than the pushchair cos I didn't have to worry about lifting a pram up kerbs! Hope you get your VBAC :)

7. K477uk

K477uk Mum of One!

Thanks everyone.. I'll have a look at those... My pushchair was a lifesaver last time as is so light.. And I only had a Bjorn which held it far too low!

8. patch2006uk

patch2006uk Well-Known Member

A sling should hold your LO high enough for you to easily kiss their head, so loads higher than where a c-section wound is :)