• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Slings and C-sections

K477uk

Mum of One!
Reaction score
Last time I had an emergancy section, and struggled to carry Isaac up until about 8 weeks... But didn't have a sling, just used a front carrier jobby.

This time, I'm planning on a VBAC... As last time got to 10cm with only g&a, but I know anything can happen. I knows its really early... But I trying to work out if I need to exchange my pushchair for a double one (I walk loads...especially after section and coouldnt drive!) or can I get a sling that I can use straight away, even if I end up with another section?

Although I didn't use it for probably the first 5 days (really didn't feel like doing anything!), I used my close carrier after that, because its so adjustable I just had LO up very high (as it says to anyway), so nothing was anywhere near my section wound. Hope that helps!

Thanks... I'll have a look at that! I def didn't leave the house much before that.. And certainly not alone, so can cope with that!

i used a wilkinet carrier 6 days after my c section, a good supportive carrier should carry all of baby high up away from the c section wound and pressure on it anyway, i'd guess it would be fine :) fingers cossed for your vbac anyway :) xxx

I used my Close carrier 4 days after c sec, it was fine as it holds her high and off the wound.

We used a close and a stretchy wrap from about a week after my c-section. I found it easier than the pushchair cos I didn't have to worry about lifting a pram up kerbs! Hope you get your VBAC :)

Thanks everyone.. I'll have a look at those... My pushchair was a lifesaver last time as is so light.. And I only had a Bjorn which held it far too low!

A sling should hold your LO high enough for you to easily kiss their head, so loads higher than where a c-section wound is :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"