Slings, slings, slings !

Shylovebird

Proud mummy of one !
Reaction score
Hey ladies !

So tell me about your slings ! When I was pregnant we picked up a generic carry on your front sling from mothercare which has served us well so far but it's makng my back really ache which I didn't expect, I figured that's probably down to my posture.. anyway I want to branch out and find a sling that will be suitable for a long time, little one is currently a month old. We have pram but I don't particulary want to use it, so we need one that'll last us really well and be comfortable as imagine I'll use it everyday. I love the big cloth designs but I don't know all that much about them. So what do you use ? And what could you recommend for me ?

Thank you so much x

i would deffo say go for a stretchy wrap, you can put them on in loads of different ways so youre bound to find one thats suitable :)

x

See I say maitei - or a soft structured carrier with buckles based on a maitei, like a connecta (I like this one more than some of the others because the straos cross over your back like a maitei)

I love my maitei and used it from week 3 & I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of my lightweight solarweave connecta this week

Also try googling for sling meets & sling libraries in your area or the company petit poppett both of which mean you can try a sling before you commit to buying.

I have both a stretchy wrap & a Mei Tei & love them both although dont tend to use the wrap as much now LO is a bit older. I find the wrap easier on my back if I'm using it for a long time but a bit more faffing around to put on. I am in the process of making a maya tie which is a Mei Tei with stretchy, wide shoulder straps, which I'm hoping will be comfort of the wrap with the easyness of the MT.

I had a Close Parent baby carrier, which I used comfortably till Adam was about 6 months old, and thereafter only a few times because the only comfy position was baby facing out, which is not good for LO's hips. However it was sometimes annoying to put on as the straps would get twisted. But so comfy for Adam when he was tiny because it's soft and snuggly.

Now I have a Connecta Integra, which I LOVE. It could not be easier to put on, and because the fabric is not stretchy it feels better carrying a larger infant (that was my issue with the Close Parent one, really, I felt I was constantly hiking Adam up and tightening the straps). As long as the straps are properly positioned over the shoulders, I find it's comfy enough to wear for much longer periods - I never wore Adam out for longer than a short walk to the shops/doctors in the Close Parent, but with the Connecta, I take him out for 3-4 hours, and although he weighs over 21lb now, it's not especially tiring.

We really want a sling but I am so confussed about what to get for a newborn, my husband is well up for baby wearing too!!

I love my babyhawk! Its sooo comfy i wear logan for hours and dont ache at all :D

I love my peanut shell when I'm out and about like at the store and she decides she doesn't want to be in the pram I can pop it on and poof she's up. No hassle at all. However, if I know she's going to be in it for a while, like going for a walk I prefer my moby wrap.

I saw this one online the other day and I'd love to try it https://www.balboababy.com/serene_sling.html it's like a peanut shell be stretchier so I assume LO would be comfier for longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->