Smack or disapline

Iwantone!!!

Reaction score
I am interrested in to know what % of mums use disapline rather than smacking there child i dont beleive in smacking ( if i had a child) as i recieved it when i was a child and i do not repsect my real mum i would be rather been disapline altought i dont judge what other people who do smack ! p.s i cant spell for toffee

I go with discipline (im not a mum but still have an opinion on this), i beleive there is always another way other than smacking and smacking will always make things worse in the long run.
Also if youre trying to teach your child that hitting is wrong then how is it justified that you can do it to your child? wheres the lesson in that?

i agree when my mum smack me as a kid i brought back in to my life when i was first in my relationship when my fella did something wrong it was teh first thing that i did i kicked out

i dont need to smack, i have a look that i give and then the kids know they are being naughty and stop lol

I think a small tap on the hand is ok but never anything more than that

xx

bit confused - smacking is a form of discipline? was was smacked as a kid and i can say that was about 4 times, i knew the bounadries and knew if i'd over stepped the mark.
I tap ewans hand if he is doing something dangerous, but generally it is the tone of voice that can stop them in their tracks.
I can condone smacking if it is used sensibly but not to beat 7 bells out of the kid and never to be used in anger.

i smack on the hand. but my OH spoke to me the other night and said he dont agree with it and Dior should not get a smack on the hand as she is starting to do it to Harley when he gets on her nerves so now when she is a terror i carry her to the bottom step go down to her level and shout at her.. saying "THAT WAS VERY VERY NAUGHTY" then i will walk of and shut the living room door she will sit there and break her heart, i only do this when she is very naughty eg, trying to smash the living room window or throwing things at Harley. she gets very upset when i shout at her. but if she is just being a typical 2 yr old and playing up i just distract her as much as poss.

i think a tap on the hand is nothing wrong, but anything more than that is kinda unneccasary (sp :shock: lol) i would rather use tone of voice, ect to discipline. i was smacked as a child too (not beat lol but got my butt spanked a few times) and i dont really think it helped...

also what do you all think of washing the mouth out with soap??

my mom used to do it to me if i swore, but i didn't mind the taste so she'd say "i'm gonna wash your mouth out" .... and i'd run and do it myself 8) she used to get pissed at that lol

my step me gives me a look and lowers her voice me and me brother literally s**t our selves that scares me more than anything i am only 20 and i no she would never hit me but by gum if looks could give would be dead by now

lexis_mommy said:
also what do you all think of washing the mouth out with soap??

my mom used to do it to me if i swore, but i didn't mind the taste so she'd say "i'm gonna wash your mouth out" .... and i'd run and do it myself 8) she used to get pissed at that lol

hahaha thats a great one, my mum always used to say it, i never used to swear but
"bloody" was a swear word to my mum too :evil: i dont think it is and knackerd :?

she would pull me up to the sink get the washing up liquid but never go through with it :lol:

We don't smack, Jade has had a smack on the hand in the past, but we nw just have to lower our voice and tell her what she has done wrong and she sorts herself out, I couldn;t tell you the last time she had a little smack......and when I say smack, I don't mean the type that leaves any marks, as I am sure most of you don't mean that too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->