Small glass wine a week (maybe 2)

kirbyland1986

expecting number 2
Reaction score
Having a toddler and a baby is hard work and I am having the need of glass of wine after a day and I am thinking of letting myself have 1-2 small glasses a week.

Does anyone else drink wine while bf?

I don't as in the long run I don't feel it is a long time to be without alcohol though I would maybe only drink 3 glasses of wine/iced cider a year while not pregnant/feeding. People do and go by "if you're okay to drive then you're okay to nurse" though I wouldn't drive within hours of drinking even a small glass either. Each to their own - I'm sure it would be okay to have a glass after feeding if you weren't going to feed again for another couple hours. It just isn't for me.

If I want a glass of wine I have a small bit of rose topped up with lemonade my son didn't seem fussy with that at all! X

In reality, a very small amount of alcohol gets into your milk, although its still getting in, so its just your own choice. If you know you're not going to be feeding for a couple of hours then I wouldn't worry, if its just before a feed then I probably wouldn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->