SMEP buddies?

i'm curious, have any of you tried the FAM detector in FF, instead of Advanced? i'm currently on Advanced, and it puts my ovulation at cd12 when i changed to FAM, it put my O at cd15! if that's the case, then we completely missed my O. :(

i tended to believe the Advanced setting because of EWCM. but i only used opks on cds 9-13 as well, all negative. so if i indeed ovulated on cd15, i'm guessing the positive opk would've been on cd14.

BellaRosa - congrats on your + OPK! I hope you catch your egg!

Moonstar - It's been years since I used FF as I stopped temping etc after my second MC. I remember their automatic setting always worked best for me.

The SMEP plan does state that if you do not get a + OPK you should continue to BD every other day until AF. This is to cover your bases. Also keep in mind that every year, just like the tides, we have a longest cycle and shortest cycle. This means that ovulation can vary by almost an entire week which you will notice the longer you track your cycles. Before my DD my shortest cycle gave me a +OPK on CD 11 and the longest was CD 17.

However, even if you did ovulate on CD 15, you still BD'd the day before so you should be covered. Sperm can live for 3 days.

AFM - I believe I ovulated Sat. We BD Wed, then I got my +OPK Thurs morning so we BD Thurs, Fri, Sat and rested yesterday. I don't know that we will have time today as my DH leaves for work as soon as I get home and I expect him to have a long night. Either way I am not worried about missing today.

I will probably just wait for AF which will come on the 10th or 11th but if I test early I'll let you know.

i'm curious, have any of you tried the FAM detector in FF, instead of Advanced? i'm currently on Advanced, and it puts my ovulation at cd12 when i changed to FAM, it put my O at cd15! if that's the case, then we completely missed my O. :(

i tended to believe the Advanced setting because of EWCM. but i only used opks on cds 9-13 as well, all negative. so if i indeed ovulated on cd15, i'm guessing the positive opk would've been on cd14.

I did last month. Even though I was convinced I O'd on CD12, FF didn't give me my crosshairs until around CD 17 or so. I was kinda freaking about it and played with FAM to see if it would give me crosshairs (it didn't). I finally put in CD 12 manually as my O date, but a few days later switched back to advanced. Lo & behild - crosshairs in CD 12. :haha:

So, for now, I'm sticking with advanced. Not sure if that helped, but that's my only experience with it!

BellaRosa - congrats on your + OPK! I hope you catch your egg!

Moonstar - It's been years since I used FF as I stopped temping etc after my second MC. I remember their automatic setting always worked best for me.

The SMEP plan does state that if you do not get a + OPK you should continue to BD every other day until AF. This is to cover your bases. Also keep in mind that every year, just like the tides, we have a longest cycle and shortest cycle. This means that ovulation can vary by almost an entire week which you will notice the longer you track your cycles. Before my DD my shortest cycle gave me a +OPK on CD 11 and the longest was CD 17.

However, even if you did ovulate on CD 15, you still BD'd the day before so you should be covered. Sperm can live for 3 days.

AFM - I believe I ovulated Sat. We BD Wed, then I got my +OPK Thurs morning so we BD Thurs, Fri, Sat and rested yesterday. I don't know that we will have time today as my DH leaves for work as soon as I get home and I expect him to have a long night. Either way I am not worried about missing today.

I will probably just wait for AF which will come on the 10th or 11th but if I test early I'll let you know.

Thank you! Hope you caught yours! That last "one more try" day is probably the least important try, so I wouldn't worry too much about it. GL to you!!!

AFM, no O yet according to my chart. We will see! Hope my temp goes up tomorrow! Not sure yet when I'm testing... Either around 10 DPO or I'll just wait til AF is due (July 15). Never can decide whether to wait the full time or not. Not sure I'd want to know if I had a chemical. But I did get my BFP at 10 DPO with my DD. oh well. I have at least 10 days til testing :winkwink:

Sooooo I still don't have a raise in temperature. Really down & anxious about it! I don't want to be out before I even make it to the 2ww!

I looked back on my FF for previous years. Interestingly, even though my cycles are anywhere from 27-29 days long normally, last July, I had a random 32 day cycle! I wasn't chatting my BBT, but FF estimates that month I would have O'd around CD 17. Maybe July is a crazy month for me?!?

Either way, I plan to continue BDing every other day til I get my temperature rise.

How is everyone else??

Thank you to those who replied re Advanced & FAM. I'm sticking to Advanced for now.

9dpo today & feeling out. Was very dry after O & just had creamy CM at 8dpo. That's what happened to me last month before af. :( Not to mention my temps went down.

Can I join you ladies? :flower:

My OH and I have been TTC for 7 months and I have wanted to try the SMEP for a while, but we haven't really stuck to it. :dohh: So this month I'm determined to do it and hopefully get a bfp!

I have irregular cycles, so I'm not sure when I'm going to ovulate yet, but I'll be starting OPKs on cd10 (currently on cd8). :thumbup: Hoping to be able to test at the end of the month as long as my body cooperates.

:wave: welcome aidensmommy! Hope you get your BFP this month!

Moo star, you're only 9 DPO! Don't be down yet! It's not over til the witch shows!

hi aidensxmomma! are you considering trying temping? i didn't get a single positive with opks this cycle, so i only relied on my temps for pinpointing ovulation.

bellarosa, i know it's too early, i don't know why i've been feeling so down since yesterday. i hate killjoys, and now i'm being one! how's your charting going? i can see that there's no confirmed ovulation yet. is it regular for you to ovulate a bit late?

Moonstar, are you feeling better today? Your chart looks good! Your temps may have gone down a little but you're still way above your cover!

Funny you should ask :haha: I just posted a new thread asking about temperature adjusters. I didn't realize how off so many of my times were. So I went through my FF and used the temp adjuster on all of my days that I was a bit off on timing - voila! Crosshairs! I normally O on CD12, and that's exactly when my crosshairs say I did. But I'm really skeptical... Not sure if adjusters can be trusted. But hey, at least I learned my lesson & will be setting an alarm from now on. I had been relying on my husband's alarm waking him for work, since I'm a teacher on summer break. Bad idea.

I'm considering trying an OPK again today & tomorrow to see if my line gets darker or lighter. Maybe that will give me some insight as to if I really did O or if I might be gearing up to try & O again. :shrug:

I didn't inow there was an adjuster in FF! I've been taking my temps at the same time everyday, so there was no need for that for me. So yey! You most probably ovulated! Specially if that's your usual O day & you've had positive opks.

I tried checking out my cervix today, & I couldn't find it. Or i just don't know know what i was looking for haha. I know it should've felt like the tip of the nose, but there was nothing different there. I think it went awol on me. Lol.

I didn't inow there was an adjuster in FF! I've been taking my temps at the same time everyday, so there was no need for that for me. So yey! You most probably ovulated! Specially if that's your usual O day & you've had positive opks.

I tried checking out my cervix today, & I couldn't find it. Or i just don't know know what i was looking for haha. I know it should've felt like the tip of the nose, but there was nothing different there. I think it went awol on me. Lol.

It's not through FF. Here's a link: https://www.whenmybaby.com/basalbodytemperature.php

As for finding your cervix, when it's hard & closed, mine kinda feels like a cheerio HAHA. When it's soft, it's like a cheerio that's been in milk too long & squished (the open middle is more like an elongated slit). The consistency is like the tip of your nose when it's hard, & like your lips when it's soft.

A few tips that worked for me - make sure you're doing it when you're seated (I do it on the toilet). When I've tried checking it lying down its always too high for me to reach. & use your middle finger, since it's the longest. Hope that helps!

aidensmommy - welcome!!

everyone else - I have seen all of your updates and it looks like most of us are in the tww. Not much longer to wait.

For those in the US - Happy 4th!!! Have fun and stay safe out there!

Thanks for the tips BellaRosa. I'm still thinking if I'll try again. :D

How is everyone doing?!

AFM, got my positive OPKs today! (Both the expired digi & the NC stick test). Yay! BD'd this morning :yipee: few more days of this & then to settle down for the 2 ww!

Yay! I'm CD 14 and saw my first ewcm today. Also had lots of creamy cm but deffo some ewcm! We will start BD in right earnest tonight! Have been BD and doing OPKs since day 10 but took a break last night!

How is everyone doing?!

AFM, got my positive OPKs today! (Both the expired digi & the NC stick test). Yay! BD'd this morning :yipee: few more days of this & then to settle down for the 2 ww!

Yay! I'm CD 14 and saw my first ewcm today. Also had lots of creamy cm but deffo some ewcm! We will start BD in right earnest tonight! Have been BD and doing OPKs since day 10 but took a break last night!

Yay! Always exciting to see EWCM :haha: are you following SMEP then? Still on EOD waiting for a positive OPK?

How is everyone doing?!

Yay! Always exciting to see EWCM :haha: are you following SMEP then? Still on EOD waiting for a positive OPK?

Yup I read about it only on day 10 so that's when we started! We BD day 10&12, last night hubby was keen but we didn't. Poor guy 😁 Today is CD14, EWCM but no positive OPK yet!

How's everybody?

Bellarosa I see that you have what looks like a dip! :)

It's crazy that your temp dip is one of my higher temps when I convert it to celsius. I guess my temps are really on the low side.

I know!!! FX it means something good!!! :happydance:

Tried converting your chart to Fahrenheit- your temps ARE low compared to mine! It's crazy how temps vary so much between different people! I guess that's why we analyze dips and rises rather than the numbers themselves.

Your chart is looking good!!! Keeps climbing! :yipee:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->