SMEP success buddies

Hi,

smiley- you are lucky hes sleeping, like steph says its prob a growth spurt. Eleanor really doesnt nap well at all but i think its my fault. She tends to wake around 8.30 (normally 2 feeds in the night) and needs a nap about 10am but wont sleep in her swing, only on me. I havent tried putting her in her crib or cot, so maybe i should do that? she then tends to sleep when we are out and about and then needs a nap again about 5pm. Bedtime routine starts between 8-8.30pm. She only ever seems to sleep for about 2omins in the day :( she just wants to see whats happening, it makes it really hard to do stuff. Hopefully the bouncer will start to help.

so the baby massage was good but Eleanor didnt want to focus on me like the lady said she should be :haha: she was too interested in the room etc. got another 3 sessions to go :) the hv was great, i really like her. Eleanor now weighs 13lb 14oz :) my guzzler! the hv was v.pleased due to the shields. she is on the 75 percentile for weight and 25th for height :)

Certain that's great, she is doing really well - and well done to you!!

Ah ok, Steph looks like Oliver sleeps quite a bit so that's reassuring. I am just worried I'm not spending enough time interacting with him if u know what I mean?

Ha I meant to say that he doesn't actually sleep when he's tired! If I catch him at the right time then he will sleep fine, however - thus afternoon for example, he has been fighting sleep since 2! We have like a 1 minute window before he gets over tired and GRUMPY! I will then spend far too much time trying to settle him. His eyes will just be going but he fights it so much, clearly needing to be asleep. Arghhhh! And like I've said before, if we're out that is a whole world of different sleep probs!!

He is sleeping now but I'll have to wake him up shortly so that he is awake an hour before bed. He will not be happy so again, will be time just trying to settle him and not interacting cuz he's too tired!

Ah well, hopefully we'll crack it soon.

Steph, does Oliver go off to sleep well during the day? Where does he sleep?

x x x

Certain - thats fab Eleanor is doin so well!! Lol is she a nosie wee thing? U should maybe try eleanor in her crib! I thot Oliver would never sleep in his basket thru out the day so i never tried! But he suprised me! He actually wont settle on me now but the minute he goes in his basket, he shuts his eyes!

Smiley - Oliver fights his sleep too! Hes been OK today but had a very grumpy screamy half an hour before his bedtime bottle! Nitemare lol! So the bedtime routine was jst shoving a bottle in his mouth lol!!! He sleeps in his basket in our room during the day but i take the blackout blind down so that he can tell the difference between day and night! Il put him down awake and he will sometimes lie and 'chat' away for a bit before falling asleep! He doesnt even really need a dummy which im impressed at lol!

I think, with the way i was feeling, i thought he had to be asleep before i could put him down...but its because wen he was bad with reflux, if i lay him down he would never settle! So i got it in my head he would never be able to settle himself, but hes actually very good at it now...unless hes overtired!

Brandon is more of an issue these days!! I wish id never taken that dummy off him! Aaaahhh!! Xxxxxx

Being induced today! Baby is too small and not enough fluid. Be back to let you know how it goes!

Being induced today! Baby is too small and not enough fluid. Be back to let you know how it goes!

Oh wow!! Good luck lovely, hope it all goes smoothly! Can't wait to hear that he's arrived!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

x x x x x

Oh wow Beauty!! How exciting for u!! Hope it all goes well and nice and quick for u!!

Cant wait to hear the news of ur babys arrival!!

Xxxxxxx

Eeek Beauty!! Good luck! That's the reason Eleanor cam early and she was fine :) let s know when you can!

Hey girls! How is everyone?

Beauty - hope everything has gone smoothly and you are cuddling your gorgeous boy as I type :flower:

Steph - How is Oliver? Has he had any more projectiling? Did you see the pic of Oscar on FB with the babygrow you sent him? I love it!!!

Certain - How are you feeling now?

x x x x

Hello!!

Beauty - hope all is well! Cant wait to hear from u and hear all about the latest addition to the smep babies!! :hugs:

Smiley - Ive jst went on and had a look at the pic!! Hes soooo cute! I love the hungry caterpillar stuff! Hows Oscar doin? I was readin ur journal, did u try him with a dream feed? How did it go?

Certain - hope ur feeling better!

AFM - Olivers fine again, my worrying was for nothing lol! Suprise suprise! He has however been awfully snuffly the past few nights! Sounds like a wee piggy in the basket haha!

I just sold his wee starlight swing today on Gumtree! He didnt like it at all! On the plus side, sold it for £10 more than i bought it for haha!!

Xxxx

Ah glad he's all fine! It's totally understandable worrying though!

Yeah Oscar is good thanks. Well DS1 woke him up last night at 11.30pm (shouting as he'd dropped something out of bed) so I fed him then and he went to 4.30. Which was good - but still not sure about dream feeding, as its just adding in an extra feed a day that he'd otherwise not have, and only for an extra couple hours. If he dropped a feed in its place (like Oliver does) then I could justify it? I dunno, been sat here since 10pm with a bottle made up wondering whether to do it tonight :shrug: haha! x x x

Lol i kno wot u mean abt adding in an extra feed! How much did he take? The past few nights weve really struggled to get Oliver to take any more than 3oz!

OH wants to try and jst leave the feed out but i think hes too young for that! Id also be worried that he'd wake up at 3 in the morning hungry & my whole routine would be ruined!!

Lol i forgot how frustrating all this is haha!!!

Did u decide on whether to do the dreamfeed? Im jst abt to get Oliver up!
Xxxx

He took a whole bottle (5oz) but he would never not take it all, if I'd put more in he'd take that too! Well I wasn't gonna do the dream feed but he woke up again around 12. I think oh woke him when he got in (been out watching football) and I also noticed he'd taken less milk over the day so was orob hungry. Which means we're now on track for being a feed down if I don't dream feed tonight, so I'm def going to do it tonight! Haha, mind made up!

I can def see why you don't wanna stop giving Oliver one, he's in a great routine now! x

Hi girls-
Certain- glad to hear Eleanor is better, but sorry you still have earache. Sounds like she is doing brilliantly!

Smiley/steph- glad to hear you are both getting Oliver and Oscar into routines and starting to get more sleep!!!

Beauty- hope everything went well. Can't wait to meet the new addition to this thread. did you manage to get your shopping done?

Afm- run off feet hence why not getting on here. Still marking my hundreds national sat papers to get some money in for maternity and then got reports etc... To do so can't see things slowing down for a few more weeks... But after that am going to start shopping. Scan went well was amazing the difference and she said everything appeared normal. I love watching the heart pumping the blood when they zoomed in to check the valves. Is amazing what technology does. My oh was with me all way through then my mum who was up visiting me and mil came in which pleased them I think. We said we didn't want to find out gender but...... At the end I asked the sonographer if she knew the sex and she said she did. I was very tempted but stayed strong! So gender guesses it will have to be! At min i seem to be carrying all out front and quite high. I will try to put some picture up later but still can't figure out how to do it off phone! Think I have begun to feel movements too- little kicks. Anyway off to do some more marking xxx

Hello ladies!!

Happy Fathers Day!!

Hoping - sooo glad the scan went well! The 20 week one is amazing isnt it? So detailed! Do u get any more scans now? Eek I dont know how you could not have asked the sonographer the sex...especially when they said they knew!! Oooh! Do u have any feelings as to whether its a wee boy or wee girl??

Certain - Hows u doing? Hows Eleanor?

Beauty - Cant wait to hear from u!!

Smiley - Hows the dreamfeeding going? Has it made a difference to ur routine?

Do any of u have any nice plans for Fathers Day? My OH is at work all day!

AFM- Not really got much to report regarding Oliver! Hes doing well! Brandons good too... Slowly getting used to not having a dummy! Hes had a few rough nights and OH or I have ended up crawling into bed with him for a few hours during the night to comfort him! But he slept all the way through last nite! Its weird speaking about him like that cos hes always been such a good sleeper! But hopefully hes gettin used to not having the dummy!

And OT but OH and I finally dtd last nite! I had been totally putting it off...I was so nervous! But I got the implant in last week so couldnt really make any excuses lol! But it wasnt as bad as I thought it would be lol!! A bit sore but not too bad! Just glad we finally did it! Lol!!!

Xxxxxx

Hello!

Steph - No, I still didn't do the dreamfeed. Hahaha. I chickend out AGAIN. Was all ready with the bottle, then I just kept thinking it would be a terrible idea! My main thought is that from 6/7pm-2/3am he has his longest stretch of sleep, after that he wakes up after 3/4hours so i just think that if I disturb that then he'll wake up more often anyway!? I really want to give it a try, but just keep being a wimp about it!

Oooh dtd?! I'm impressed!! I still have not. I've been ready for a while, (as in down there ready) but not really had any interest in it. I got the pill off my doctor last week, so no real excuses, just don't know why I don't want to?! I am aiming for next week though :D Feel so bad for my OH :haha:

We're heading over to the new house this afternoon for a fathers day BBQ with all of OH's family. The new kitchen went in this week, I can't wait to see it. I can't wait to move in over there, it is such a happy place :D

Hoping - So glad the scan went well! Do you have any pics you can upload? I really want to see your 12 week one and this one so I can make a guess!! So exciting!

x x x x

Lol i think pity for my OH was the main reason I did it last nite haha!!

Ooooh! So do uz have a rough idea of when uz will move in? I seen the pics on fbook of ur OH and F down at the stream at the new house...it looks like such a beautiful placr to live!! Im not jealous at all haha!!

We are FINALLY putting the house on the market this week! Jst with everything that was going on, we didnt bother with the house! But now Im desperate to get outta here!

Lol aaww i kno wot u mean abt being scared to wake Oscar! Tbh, the first few nights we did it...i think we did disturb Olivers sleep & he did wake more often! But babies are so adaptable, he soon learned! Lol i bloody made sure he learned haha!!

Xxxxxx

Oh that's exciting that it's going on the market!! FX it sells quickly :D have u been looking at new houses at all?

we don't have a date yet, it's all a bit complicated. All the work is due to be finished in about a month, but oh's parents have sold their house (a lot faster than anyone thought, it was on for less than a week!!) so I think we're just going to let them move in over there, then we'll move in when their house is built. Or at least nearly built. Basically want to avoid living in the same house as them!! It is such a lovely place, the whole village is really nice - next summer is going to be brilliant!

Yeah, I think I just need to get prepared for extra wakings and not feed him unless I have to - as I know he 'shouldn't be hungry' until later on. Ok, I'm gearing up for tonight!!

x x x

Lol i wouldnt want to live with the inlaws either! Thats so exciting for u tho! We have been looking at other houses! Theres a few I like but we need to decide whether to go for a smaller house in a nicer area (altho, still bigger than our flat) or a much bigger house in the same town were in! I dont live in a horrible area but the village I want to live in is beautiful and has great schools! Ah being a grown up is tough!!

Lol yeah I basically had to do a bit of rocking back to sleep the first few nights but I was determined lol! OH was lying in bed telling me to feed Oliver but stubborn me was like "no, he shouldnt be hungry yet" Even now, he stirs everymorning at 5am but doesnt wake up!

Hope ur having a lovely bbq!! Xxxxxx

Hello ladies!!

Well baby is finally here yay!!! We are enjoying him! He's so precious!! :cloud9: I'm just having the absolute worse time breastfeeding!!! It's sooo painful!! I just feel like giving up!! My nips hurt so bad and I feel like he's not latching on properly. I tried pumping instead but no milk yet and that's just as painful!! I think my milk is just now starting to come in as my breast hurt as they did when I was pregnant with my daughter. As many people I seek advice from I still feel as if no one can help me. For some reason I just can't get to the point where it's not painful when he's sucking. Is it normal for it to be painful at first? I'm starting to feel this is not for me :cry:

Hope everyone is doing well. Chat with you later!

Beauty!!!

HUGE HUGE HUGE CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :happydance:

Eek! How did ur labour go? Can we kno his name? How much did he weigh?? Eeek!!

So sorry ur finding breastfeeding tough! I cant really help as i only bf Brandon for 5 days and found it agony the whole time! So i didnt even try with Oliver! Perhaps Smiley and Certain can help u!

Are uz home now? Xxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->