Smoking

BJ Shooter!!!! Well done - I'm so proud of you!!! Keep going you can definitely do it if you managed a few days. Its just a few days more, then a few days more, then a few days after that and you'll have stopped without really noticing.

Fantastic job lady!

Big smiley hugs to you!
x

Don't listen to anyone who will slate you. It is a very very hard thing to do and until you are in this position you don't actually realise how hard!

We all know we shouldn't do it. I stopped with my first only because I was so bad with sickness things had to go. This time it was much much harder. I got help from my midwife and managed to get on a program where they give you NRT. LIke some others have said I did cut down from 20 a day down to 5 or less by about 12 weeks. Then stopped completely. I have had the odd ciggie since then which I am not proud of at all but I am human.

Good luck and try to get help. Even try to cut down just now. I read a few things about what it actually does to baby and it freaked me slightly.

Good job bjshooter!!! You can keep it up - you are a non-smoker now! And way to go to everyone that quit = it is hard but soooooooo worth it!!! :)

Thanks people, it will be a week tomo, defo impressed with myself.

I had one day where i gave up giving up and thought well thats it now i have failed, but got up the next day, didnt beat myself up and carried on with not smoking. I couldnt imagine doing it without the patches though.

Well done! It isn't easy but keep with it and think of baby and you will be fine. Congratulations again xx

Hiya and well done u r doing great keep it up! It was weird 4 me as i went off it anyway and now the smell makes me feel sick u not got like that yet? Not all the time with me as i still fancy one sometimes!

I quit cold turkey the minute I got my BFP but I had been waiting 3 years for this so that kind of made it easier I think...the stress of infertility is what made me smoke so much anyway. Good luck to you and if you can't stop entirely, cut back, that alone will help.

i quit smoking way before i fell pregnant and sometimes i craved but its just down to will power i dont really get why people have such aa hard time stopping its up to you what you do everyone has there own choice but to me when i became pregnant i decided that my body isnt mine anymore and it is a safe incuabtor for the baby and i would never put something in my body that could cause any risk to the baby that is my choice.
i think if you try your best then that is all you can do.

I am a smoker, but I will say this.. This morning, after breakfast, I went to have a smoke, and got SO NAUSIOUS. IM DONE!! I knew this was coming. It makes it easier to quit when your body flat out rejects it.. Now, withdrawals.. Not fun...

i feel the same way you do!!! i only found out i was pregnant 1 week ago && before i found out i was pregnant i smoked around 20 a day...i tried to stop smoking all together but just couldnt do it...i now have around 7 cigs a day...i am trying to cut down everyday....dont worry just keep cutting down...am sure everything will be fine

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->