smoking

littlegoth666

Reaction score
please no one shout at me i smoke i have cut down and i feel crap do any of you guys smoke sorry :nope:

i dont my mate gave up but started when she was preg as she wants another 5lb bbay i know smoking causes smaller babys and other complications, i have never smoked but if i ever did i would give up for baby

I quit the day i found out i was pregnant. You should do it for your baby! I dont want to preach but we all know what it can do to our babies! x

i have been trying so hard i feel like shit cos of it sorry for swearing i hate my self right now

i dont my mate gave up but started when she was preg as she wants another 5lb bbay i know smoking causes smaller babys and other complications, i have never smoked but if i ever did i would give up for baby

OMG that is totally disgusting! I would disown any friend of mine that purposefully tried to harm their baby so it was smaller! I cannot believe someone would do that!

Just try and give up as much as you can littlegoth666 x

thats the most ridiculous thing ive ever heard?! started again to get light baby, ffs...

littlegoth - i smoke, i tried so hard to give up, i've really cut down but just cant actually stop, guilt tripped myself about it for a long time, hate that i'm addicted to something so much that i cant control it, but yeah, thats that an i'm not proud of it...

have you tried patches or anything? x

She actually started it on purpose??? What an idiot seriously.

I am on and off on cigarettes and it's a really huge struggle, I know where you're coming from. I am not going to scare you into quitting but it's only 3-4 days you need to pull through and then it gets so much easier. Each craving lasts up to three minutes and you have less and less every day. Try one day at a time and don't slip as one leads to many as I am sure you know :hugs:

ive managed to get down to about 3 a night i dnt smoke during the day around my dd my midwife said if i could get get down to 1 she would be happy with that so im trying but its soooo hard

i will i cant stand the fact i know im hurting my child i hate my self its so stupid i will stop i want to and when i put my mined to sometim i do it so . . .

Honey.. I quit before I fell pregnant.. I know its hard.. but quit for your baby.. what about nicotine replacement like nicorette.. maybe speak to your midwife. good luck xxx

oh hun,

I quit smoking when i was pregnant with my son and havent started again since of course it is better if you stop but it isnt always that easy all you can do is try ur best maybe cut it right down to when you really have to. some people just find it really hard to stop doing something smoking was never really my problem but cutting down my food is a nightmare for me so i understand its not always that easy

iv used every thing and now im moody and my other half is scaired im going to bight his head off he is giving loads of suport

i will i cant stand the fact i know im hurting my child i hate my self its so stupid i will stop i want to and when i put my mined to sometim i do it so . . .

That's how my mom felt when smoked with me and each time when she was going through the guilt feeling she smoked even more because of nerves. Try to relax, think one day at a time, you need to last only three days, then the nicotine is out of your system.

For girls who are suggesting patches, I talked to my obgyn and gp about it a while back and since I did cut down to 1-2 at that point, it didn't make sense. My obgyn is strongly recommending against it and it's a substantial amount of nicotine even with small dosage patches.

You can do it!!! :hugs:

I have been a smoker for years...since my teens...and although I have never been a really heavy smoker, I have always enjoyed cigarettes and have never had the inclination nor the willpower to stop.

But I've done it.

It has been about 9 weeks since I had my last cigarette. I managed to cut down to 2 or three a day. I would neck pints of water whenever I had a fag as I felt so bad. Then I decided that when I finished the next packet I had I just wouldn't buy anymore. I didn't and I haven't had a cigarette since. I know I won't while I am pregnant too. If i can do it, you can.

It has also helped me to think that I haven't stopped completely, it is just on hold until the baby is here. I don't know why, but it helps me mentally to think that. Of course, I hope that when the time comes I won't want a cigarette, but thinking that I can have one then if I want seems to help.

Also, I hardly even think about smoking now. In fact, it turns my stomach to imagine having a cigarette.
You have done fantastically well to cut down. Keep going, you can do it x

I smoked 20 a day and gave up cold turkey when I got my BFP.
I was always trying (and not succeeding) prior to falling pregnant, but I am sooooooooo glad I have stopped.
I work with a girl who is 3 weeks ahead of me and I cringe everytime she slopes off for a fag it makes me feel sick, surely she must feel embarrassed? I hate seeing a pregnant woman or mums smoking around their lo's.

I know it's hard, but do it for bubs. They do not choose to smoke and stuck in your womb, they can't get away from it.

Maybe do as BabyJayne said and just think of it as temporary?

Good luck, be determined - you CAN do it (and you'll be so bloody proud of yourself too!)xx

Well done for cutting down, and being brave enough to post this thread. Good luck hon xx

i know its so hard hun. i struggled so much when i was pregnant with my daughter. please people do not have a go at me for what i say next- i smoked 5 fags a day when i was pregnant with my daughter and then she was stillborn. the doctors say my smoking had nothing to do with it but i cant help but think maybe is helped push things forward. i have managed to quit as soon as i got my BFP this time and havent looked back. please keep trying to quit its so important i can not stress this enough. i feel so much guilt now :cry: but its my own fault. im not trying to make you feel bad but please just keep trying to give up :hugs:xxx

I was smoking 20 plus a day when I was preggers with my first, I was working in a pub at the time too which made it even harder to quit, I always said that if I quit i would be cause I was preggers, well I am embarrassed to say that I never quit till I was 18 weeks roughly, but one night I just decided I didnt want anymore and that was that, I even kept the packet to rove to my mum that I hadnt touched another one since that night as she couldnt believe it herself lol........You can do it hun, you have done so well to cut down as it is, just keep cutting them down and before you know it, you wont want anymore......Good luck hun it can be hard, but you will be so roud of yourself when you have done it......

i smoked but the day i got a BFP with each of my kids i quit i went back to smoking after my 1st and 2nd child then when i found out i was preg with number 3 i stopped and never went back to it ....im now expecting number 4 and ive been quit nearly 3 years now :)

You can do it and i know it can be extremely hard for some women depending on how much they smoke a day etc.

Good luck xx

I was smoking one a day or every other day (after cutting right down from approx 12 a day after BFP) and i havent had one for almost a week now, it is hard as soon as i get stressed its all i can think about but i feel like i am overcoming the cravings now finally!! If i can do it then you should have a good chance!! Good luck xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->