smoking

I smoked all the way through my pregnancy, did wana give up but cudnt find the will power. Then as soon as i gave birth i never found the erge to smoke another fag at all, and am going strong now! Its completely bollox when they say u will ave a smaller baby, i gave birth to an 8 pounder! xx

Sorry to say that, but I don't think it's right to play down the risk of smoking. It is important to make an effort to stop, because it is definitly not good for the baby.

i smoked whilst pregnant with my DD for the whole pregnancy. i knew the risks and the harm it could be doing to my baby but i continued, it was almost like i craved them. anyway she was born a week early, not too bad, but she only weighed 5lbs 11ozs :nope:. i knew it was because i smoked. i swore that if i was ever to have another baby i would quit straight away.
so im 20 weeks pregnant and quit the fags 16 weeks ago and i know i will neva smoke again. :thumbup: xx

i quit when i found out i was pregnant. its only hard for the first couple of days and the benefits are so huge for the baby. Every time you take a drag of a cigarette your baby doesnt get oxygen for a couple of seconds.

I smoked all the way through my pregnancy, did wana give up but cudnt find the will power. Then as soon as i gave birth i never found the erge to smoke another fag at all, and am going strong now! Its completely bollox when they say u will ave a smaller baby, i gave birth to an 8 pounder! xx

It's not bollocks at all, it's a proven fact. Just because it doesn't happen to 100% of people it doesn't make it any less true. You can have unprotected sex and not pick up an STI but it doesn't make it any less of a very real risk...I agree with Cerellia.

The thing about it being better to continue smoking rather than quit and stress your baby out...now THAT'S bollocks as far as I'm concerned, and I think any medical professional who tells you otherwise is extremely questionable. It's a cop out.

as far as im concerened people who dont smoke and dont know what its like trying to quit should not be commenting on this topic! she came on here for help,not to be made feel ashamed of! x

i was simply saying bollox in my case lol, i no this subject is sensitive, and if u read the thread under the original one i posted u will see i highlighted how smoking effects the baby!

the thing is people are aware of the dangers of smoking. we dont need 'know it all's' telling us what we already know! x

Well, as an ex smoker and spouse of a smoker I know how hard it is to give up. Dh is on his third attempt at stopping as we are ttc and I have nagged him silly. First of all you have to be motivated to stop, and as pregnancy can be stressful you need support and a lot of will power. Guilt tripping yourself will make you more stressed, so ditch that. Firstly, seek help from a health professional, your antenatal provider can help. Make a list of when you are most likely to smoke, after dinner, with a cup of tea or first thing in the morning for example. Then try to think of ways in which you can avoid it. I stopped drinking tea with milk for example and changed to peppermint tea, morning ciggy can be replaced with a morning walk. Chewing gum is your friend lol, distract yourself as much as possible and see every cigarette you don't smoke as an achievement worth a wee reward rather than get into a cycle of guilt and stress.

Babybump if you're referring to me then I did give advice on quitting in my previous post, so I am well aware how difficult it is to quit and certainly don't claim to "know it all". But yeah it is a sensitive subject and I don't want to turn this into a big argument and get the thread locked!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->