Smoking

hellohefalump

Reaction score
Sooooo... Being the new year tommorow ive decided to give up smoking. I'm going to use patches.

I have motivation. I'm having bariatric surgery sometime around June maybe sooner. And they won't operate if I'm smoking. Also I'm spending about £60 a week on fags. That's a lot of money to us.

I started smoking when I was 16 to piss my mum off!

Any tips? The only time I've given up before was during my pregnancys (massive motivation!)

I really like smoking, I think it's the only time I get for myself? I was thinking I might sit outside and drink coffee?

I also want to be a better role model for my kids.

I've never been a smoker myself, but I have a friend who quit recently and she used lollipops! She found her cravings were the worst while out having a drink with friends, or having her morning coffee, or doing an activity where she would normally be smoking. So instead of lighting up a cigarette she would suck on a lollipop. It gave her something to do with her hand and sort of mimicked the motion of smoking and that seemed to help her. Good luck!!

Congrats! As an ex smoker I know how hard it is! I quit multiple times over the years before I finally was able to quit for good. The beginning is the hardest! I promise it gets easier! I used to tell myself as long as I didn't pick up a cigarette, I never had to go through the beginning again. I feel 100000000Xs better now not smoking and you will too! Stay with it even when it's hard! Because it will be hard sometimes, but it is so worth it!!! One day, one hour, one minute at a time.

Congratulations on reaching one week !
Goob job !

Well done on getting to a week! I'm a stop smoking worker - if you need any help just message me and ill try and help :) don't worry if you find things difficult, it's a hard habit to kick but getting to a week is amazing. just remember with the patches to move down the nicotine levels and if you find that a little more difficult than you first thought, you can use other products on top, like the gum or inhalator. The patch drip feeds you nicotine but the other things will give you a burst of nicotine that you might feel you need.

You sound like you're doing amazingly xxx

Thankyou!

I'm doing well, vaping and patches at the moment. I had a terrible cough but that seems to be receding now :)

coughing is so common for the first few weeks, don't be alarmed. keep going lovely, you're over the hardest part xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->