Snacks for in the hospital bag!

bambino156

Mummy
Reaction score
Any ideas ladies?

So far I have some cartons of juice and some cereal bars, but think I need a few more nibbles! Any suggestions would be great, thanks! :flower:

I too, graze boxes last time a d have just ordered some more for this time. They were great!x

I took nuts and dried fruit, but to be honest I ended up buying chocolate from the hospital shop instead as I felt like I needed the sugar boost. Little cartons of fruit juice were good for me too, like apple and orange juice, as I don't drink fizzy drinks but felt I wanted more than just water at times. :shrug:

I absolutely loved chocolate fingers when I was in labour!!x

I'm taking some baby fruit pouches this time. They're convenient, easy on the tummy, quick energy and some are really tasty. Mango and peach, yummmm!

My favourite snack last time was chocolate hobnobs. Flap jacks were good too as they filled me up enough and were dry enough to not make me feel sick.

I'm stalking this as trying to pack my hospital bag now but really don't know what snacks and drinks to take.

My favourite snack last time was chocolate hobnobs. Flap jacks were good too as they filled me up enough and were dry enough to not make me feel sick.

Flapjacks are a good call! Will get some of those x

For drinks, little cartons of orange or fruit juice are good for a quick energy boost and some extra vitamins.

I took little snacks like chocolate bars and crisps but during the labour i wasn't interested in eating anything. I did take some raspberry lucozade with me though, it was nice to drink it during the labour and after i was so thirsty drinking it was heaven! If you do feel like eating i would say maybe take things that are quick and easy to eat and give you a quick energy boost. It might be a good idea to take some sweet and savoury things so you have a choice.

After the labour i was starving but luckily our midwife unit does toast with different jams, that was lovely! I'm hoping they still do that as i'm looking forward to it this time :haha:

Well last time I took loads of stuff - water, lucozade, fruit juice, chocolate, sweets, bananas, dried fruit, cereal bars, etc. but I are pretty much nothing, lol. I was induced so I was in hospital in labour for 23 hours but in that whole time I really didn't want to eat anything. I had a nibble of a few bits of dried fruit at one point... And I think I may have sucked a boiled sweet, but nope, other than that it just didn't interest me, lol. However, the water, and in particular the lucozade went down well. Again, not in huge quantities but really refreshing and I think the lucozade really helped with energy too. This time I'm gonna take water, lucozade, dried fruit & maybe a little chocolate & a few boiled sweets just in case!

Ill be taking flapjacks, dried fruit (apricots & cranberries), protein bars, flavoured water.

More for post labour than during

X x

If I end up not having a home birth I will be taking flapjacks, nakd bars, coconut water (better than anything else for heartburn and hydration), dried and fresh fruit, vegan sandwiches and samosas etc xx

Thank you ladies, lots of good ideas! Summer rain I forgot about those Nakd bars, i've had those before and they're really nice and moist, might get a few of those!

If you go on their website (the nakd one) they do mail order and it works out much cheaper than buying in shops. Same company also makes energy/protein bars and flapjacks xx

I took cereal bars and fruit with my son but sent my hubby to the hospital shop to buy me chocolate :haha:

with my son i didnt fancy anything that i had pre packed in my bag during labour and OH had to keep going and getting me what i fanced so im just going to take a stash of coins lol

I would pack starchy stuff, not just sweet. I brought applesauce squeeze tubes and I had a smoothie before I went to the hospital and I could not keep any food down-- I just puked every thing I ate. The nurse told me if people are nauseated during labor sweet stuff makes it worse. They could have given me crackers but I can't have gluten, so I just didn't eat for 18 hours until DS was born!

I really didn't fancy anything last time.

I had packed nature valley bars and water, this time I will just put some snacky bits in there again. I wanted orange juice more than anything lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->