snacks to put in hospital bag,?

Bumping this up, because I am curious too!

I took Jaffa cakes last time :haha: wasn't really snacks for labour, more afterwards as I was constantly hungry...I didn't really eat much though as I was tired!

This time I've packed some breakfast type bars, just snacky things really...got some luquozade sport aswell

X

Funnily enough I've just bought mine! I got the same as last time; sports drinks, pots of custard (random but someone recommended these as a labour snack, I ended up eating them after though), jelly pots and dried dates and apricots (great for energy and has the benefit of helping your bowels after labour so you don't have to strain!). X

Some ideas are

Flapjacks
Coconut water
Drinking yoghurt
Cereal bars
Dried fruits
Plantain or veg crisps
Vegetable sticks
Nakd bars or similar
Lucozade
Vegetable juice
Pasties (may be a bit heavy for some)
Light sandwiches or wraps

Xx

I loved chocolate fingers last time so will getting those again :)

I probably have not picked well but I am taking a big oat bar thing (so good for carbs, protein and a bit of sugar) and a pack of Go Ahead bars (carbs and dried fruit for energy) and a pack of chocolate biscuit bars (just for fun, lol).

I think most recommended are good carbs for slow release energy; so things like oat bars or plain biscuits. Also good sugars for energy; so things like dried fruit are ideal. I have heard a lot of people swear by Lucozade too.

Isotonic Drinks (Lucozade - check out home bargains / pound stretcher a few quid for lots!)

Homemade flapjacks...mmmm
Jaffa Cakes
Sweeties (although my midwife says not allowed Jelly Babies as you can't eat a baby in labour :haha: )

Glucose Tablets - quick to get down, less likely to be thrown up and provides a boost of energy.

Bananas

Cereal bars

Frozen water bottles (in a cool bag)

i havnt packed any snacks im going to be putting some money in my hospital bag and il grab what ever i fancy when i actually go in to labour - with my son i was in labour for so long i was able to go morrisons tesco asda and card factory lol so im planning on doing the same and if theres no time to go im going to assume il be to busy for snacks anyways lol

i am going to get a range of sweet and savoury as you never know what you will want and OH eats a lot too.......

cake and choc top of list of course
crackers and cheese maybe
yoghurt and fruit bars
drinks

i have had such swinging tastes this pregancy that i want to be prepared for anything......

so far iv packed fruit crackers & crisps also going to add some choclate,mints & lucazade:) will also have money for oh to get me something if needed as i dont really enjoy hospital food:/

Rice cakes, brunch bars, isotonic drinks and sports mixture.

As someone else said raid the bargain shops :)

Lucozade is on offer in Asda at the mo, think it's 2 pks of 4 bottles for £5 I thought this was good as quite expensive usually xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->